Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by fan49:
$80,686,024 is the exact number on ab's page. thats with kaep

His last update on the 24th on here would have had us just over 77 mil that included Kaep based on a 167 mil cap. It's in his salary cap thread. He says cutting Kaep would give about an extra 16.4 mil. Now that I look at it though, I don't think Earl Mitchell's numbers were in that.

Over the cap has us at 76,963,264 with no Earl Mitchell but it currently includes Kaepernick's contract.

well i just looked right now. it still says my numbers

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Thanks for the screen shot. There's my link. If you actually go to the individual 49ers page at the over the cap site, they break down all their contract numbers as well. So it seems there's about a 3 mil difference right now between numbers.... Interesting.

well I think its right in the middle then. because ab has cap set at 168 million. its actually 167.
Here: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/187944-2017-team-information-needs/
Here: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/98000-2017-49ers-salary-outlook-were-78324899-under-168m/
$80,686,024 is the exact number on ab's page. thats with kaep

His last update on the 24th on here would have had us just over 77 mil that included Kaep based on a 167 mil cap. It's in his salary cap thread. He says cutting Kaep would give about an extra 16.4 mil. Now that I look at it though, I don't think Earl Mitchell's numbers were in that.

Over the cap has us at 76,963,264 with no Earl Mitchell but it currently includes Kaepernick's contract.

well i just looked right now. it still says my numbers

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Thanks for the screen shot. There's my link. If you actually go to the individual 49ers page at the over the cap site, they break down all their contract numbers as well. So it seems there's about a 3 mil difference right now between numbers.... Interesting.

well I think its right in the middle then. because ab has cap set at 168 million. its actually 167.

At the end of the day, we gonna have a s**tload of cap space
The only problem is this year is not loaded with talent and it seems most of the league has decent cap space too.
Just updated the page, I'm at $76,799,899, with a $167M cap, plus the $38.7M carryover.

If I add in Kap's $16.4M we're at $93,234,899 under, without knowing Earl Mitchell's entire terms.

I didn't update that page until now, hasn't been since January.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Just updated the page, I'm at $76,799,899, with a $167M cap, plus the $38.7M carryover.

If I add in Kap's $16.4M we're at $93,234,899 under, without knowing Earl Mitchell's entire terms.

So not including Mitchells, it is 93.235m? I read the first year is 5.6 M? So 87+mil?

Since AB had us at around under 78 mil and some change at a 168 mil cap. The cap is now 167 and Kaep will relieve about 16 mil and some change of space, it looks like we're in the 93-94 mil under the cap range.

I had your back AB...
Originally posted by WildBill:

So not including Mitchells, it is 93.235m? I read the first year is 5.6 M? So 87+mil?

Right, but the $5.5M may be cash, his cap number might be lower, like it could be something like this, $1M base, $1M proration(from a $4M Signing Bonus), $250K Per Game RB(Only 9 games, or $140,625 would count since he only played 9 games), $50K Workout Bonus. But it's no higher than $5.5M this year. But I'm betting that's cash payment, between base salary, signing bonus, and roster and workout bonus.

Since AB had us at around under 78 mil and some change at a 168 mil cap. The cap is now 167 and Kaep will relieve about 16 mil and some change of space, it looks like we're in the 93-94 mil under the cap range.

I had your back AB...

Thanks bud, I think back then I didn't have new base salaries for Marcus Martin, Aaron Lynch, and Daniel Kilgore added in, since they all got their's escalated, Lynch and Martin's will change again most likely depending on what the RFA lowest tender amount is. It's going to be around $1.808M to $1.838M, Martin was at $1.818M and Lynch $1.838M which doesn't make sense, since the Escalator(PPE) is the same amount for each pick who reaches it.
Thanks bud, I think back then I didn't have new base salaries for Marcus Martin, Aaron Lynch, and Daniel Kilgore added in, since they all got their's escalated, Lynch and Martin's will change again most likely depending on what the RFA lowest tender amount is. It's going to be around $1.808M to $1.838M, Martin was at $1.818M and Lynch $1.838M which doesn't make sense, since the Escalator(PPE) is the same amount for each pick who reaches it.

If the team moves on from Marcus Martin, do you know how much of his space is saved?
I'm ready to move on from the him and Jerod-Eddies of the world.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 1, 2017 at 11:03 AM ]

If the team moves on from Marcus Martin, do you know how much of his space is saved?
I'm ready to move on from the him and Jerod-Eddies of the world.

Right now it'd be $1.818M(depending on what his base is going to be once RFA tenders are known), and $20K Workout bonus if cut before OTAs.
Right now it'd be $1.818M(depending on what his base is going to be once RFA tenders are known), and $20K Workout bonus if cut before OTAs.

I got ya. Good stuff. Thanks for all you do on educating us on the nuances of the salary cap.

I can look at a film session and pretty comfortably identify coverages and I do a lot of research on different players and coaches in the league, but I don't know squat about the inner workings of the salary cap. Lol
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 1, 2017 at 11:16 AM ]

Including Williams' 1 year contract and assuming an average of 4,000,000 for Mitchell, then with 2 bottom level contracts falling off the top 51 (both at 495,000) I have it at 90,103,264

Sound about right? I know Mitchell will probably have some amout of pro rated bonus added on, but it'll be rather inconsequential IMO.

Geez 93 mil......can we please get a time machine and go back to the offseason before the 1995 season and lock up Deion and Watters
[ Edited by Niners816 on Mar 1, 2017 at 11:27 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:

Geez 93 mil......can we please get a time machine and go back to the offseason before the 1995 season and lock up Deion and Watters

Just for fun, looked it up the cap in 1995 was $37.1 million per team, there was no carryover back then, that didn't start until 2012 when the new CBA was intact(2011 didn't have carryover as 2010 was an uncapped year). Would have been nice to keep them, maybe would have had a couple more rings for Steve and the Boys.
Share 49ersWebzone