LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 176 users in the forums

DT Earl Mitchell thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I still think Mitchell sucks but that was clearly his best play of the year.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

If you aren't watching him go lateral on LOS like a mad dog after a rabbiit you are missing him show offf his talent. He is awesome going laterally. I mean he can motor and run down good RBs. No flies on Mitch.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

If you aren't watching him go lateral on LOS like a mad dog after a rabbiit you are missing him show offf his talent. He is awesome going laterally. I mean he can motor and run down good RBs. No flies on Mitch.

I think he has a great get off. Mighta gained some weight to handle the 1T spot a lil better.
2015 64.1 overall grade 97th among interior defensive linemen
2016 46.3 overall grade in nine games
2017 56.8 overall grade 103th among interior defensive linemen

This guy has consistently been one of the worst defensive lineman in the NFL, how come no one talks about him being a problem for the team?
Originally posted by Saetr:

This guy has consistently been one of the worst defensive lineman in the NFL, how come no one talks about him being a problem for the team?

D.J. Jones taking his job this year.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I think so to. I think Mitchell starts the year as starter but Jones ends up finishing as starter. Sheldon Day will also get some serious action.

Would like to see more cut-ups reflecting where Mitchell messed up. Visually, I can't recall seeing that many errors.

yeah looking at Mitchell's contract he's gonna be on the team this yr, but will be good as gone in 2019.

I see about 5-6 easy cuts in 2019

Marsh-save $4.2 million
Gilliam-save $5.05 million
Watson-save $1.7 million
Mitchell-save $3 million
K Williams-save $1.5 million
Coyle-$1.8 million

If they roll everything over, plus make those easy cuts they're looking at around $115 million in cap space next yr (didn't include rookie contracts for McGlinchey, AA option, and Tartt contract for 2019) So around $100 million plus they could cut someone like Beadles which would save $3.5 million (go back into the pot).

The only guy at this point they have to worry about resigning is Buck and they don't have to do that for 2 more yrs (if they choose). They got more money to burn next yr as well
K.Williams is a bargain in 2019 at $1.5M unless Reed just totally balls out and takes his job.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
yeah looking at Mitchell's contract he's gonna be on the team this yr, but will be good as gone in 2019.

Marsh-save $4.2 million
Watson-save $1.7 million
Mitchell-save $3 million
Coyle-$1.8 million

If they roll everything over, plus make those easy cuts they're looking at around $115 million in cap space next yr (didn't include rookie contracts for McGlinchey, AA option, and Tartt contract for 2019) So around $100 million plus they could cut someone like Beadles which would save $3.5 million (go back into the pot).

The only guy at this point they have to worry about resigning is Buck and they don't have to do that for 2 more yrs (if they choose). They got more money to burn next yr as well

LOL. Our cap is like a credit card debt. We are barely paying off the interest and making no gains.

Marsh-save $4.2 million
Watson-save $1.7 million
Mitchell-save $3 million
Coyle-$1.8 million

Right now we're roughly $43M under, but with draft class included, we're about $39.475M under right now, as for 2019, we're at $29.191 with the draft class factored in, but before carryover. I expect we carryover at least $35M, So we're looking at at least $70M right now, plus like you said with some of those guys, we can save a ton, unless Cassius Marsh balls out, his option won't be exercised. Coyle and Williams are bargains at those rates, they should be here in 2019 unless they get completely out played. Dekoda Watson is a toss up, he knows the system, and is a solid ST'er. Mitchell likely gets cut, or has to take a pay cut, I like Mitchell, but I also like DJ Jones a lot. Gilliam at $5.05M is ridiculous, but that's the beauty of how we structured his and Marsh's deals, no signing bonus, and easy out after 2018.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Marsh-save $4.2 million
Watson-save $1.7 million
Mitchell-save $3 million
Coyle-$1.8 million

Right now we're roughly $43M under, but with draft class included, we're about $39.475M under right now, as for 2019, we're at $29.191 with the draft class factored in, but before carryover. I expect we carryover at least $35M, So we're looking at at least $70M right now, plus like you said with some of those guys, we can save a ton, unless Cassius Marsh balls out, his option won't be exercised. Coyle and Williams are bargains at those rates, they should be here in 2019 unless they get completely out played. Dekoda Watson is a toss up, he knows the system, and is a solid ST'er. Mitchell likely gets cut, or has to take a pay cut, I like Mitchell, but I also like DJ Jones a lot. Gilliam at $5.05M is ridiculous, but that's the beauty of how we structured his and Marsh's deals, no signing bonus, and easy out after 2018.

Da man.

AB, if a team exercises a 5th year option before early May, that player has to pass a physical by a certain date (April?) and if he fails it, it's guaranteed.

When can a FO retract and cut that player? After that date, after he passes the physical? And is there a date it becomes fully guaranteed after that...meaning we can still cut him in September with no cap hit?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Marsh-save $4.2 million
Watson-save $1.7 million
Mitchell-save $3 million
Coyle-$1.8 million

Da man.

AB, if a team exercises a 5th year option before early May, that player has to pass a physical by a certain date (April?) and if he fails it, it's guaranteed.

When can a FO retract and cut that player? After that date, after he passes the physical? And is there a date it becomes fully guaranteed after that...meaning we can still cut him in September with no cap hit?

With the 5th yr options, they had to be exercised by the 3rd, and they become fully GTD at 4PM EST when the new league year begins, aka when Free Agency opens, if the player is injured it's basically GTD, since it's GTD for injury now, but fully when FA begins. They need to pass a physical in order to cut the player, and gain cap room, if he's on the roster after 4PM, it's GTD for the season, like Jimmie Ward's is.
I think he does his job solid... We improved greatly Vs the run and we a lot of injuries and revolving doors.

I'm liking our depth in a lot of areas.. Only thing we're questioning is pass rush and a player could be brought in before TC to give us a boost there.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I think he does his job solid... We improved greatly Vs the run and we a lot of injuries and revolving doors.

I'm liking our depth in a lot of areas.. Only thing we're questioning is pass rush and a player could be brought in before TC to give us a boost there.

Agreed, I'm a fan of Mitchell's. He's not as bad as people make him out to be.
Share 49ersWebzone