DT Earl Mitchell thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • PGENZ
  • Veteran
Mike Klis‏ @MikeKlis

Broncos were close to getting DL Earl Mitchell but outbid by 49ers. #9sports
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I'm starting to like the Lynch signing.......along with the Shanahan signing of course. The FO / coaches are attracting players to SF again. Makes me wonder if this isn't the last of FA's coming to SF.
Love it. It seems the Broncos were really trying to get him so it's nice he chose to sign here.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PGENZ:
Mike Klis‏ @MikeKlis

Broncos were close to getting DL Earl Mitchell but outbid by 49ers. #9sports

That's something you didn't hear the past couple of years....niners outbidding someone.
This guy any good? Don't know anything about him.

5.5 sacks in 5 season? seems mediocre to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Mitchell
Originally posted by Baldie:
I'm starting to like the Lynch signing.......along with the Shanahan signing of course. The FO / coaches are attracting players to SF again. Makes me wonder if this isn't the last of FA's coming to SF.

Considering FA hasn't started yet I'm sure they'll bring in quite a few more guys

I love that they've been aggressive so far. I'm very excited to see how FA shakes out
huge for passrushing. but thats probably all he provides unless he surprised. Probably not going to target d-line in the first round unless garrett is there or they fall in love with allen or thomas.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Got the 1tech

What are your thoughts on him? Not too familiar other than his position and little things I've seen

No thoughts. I never even heard of him until last week. I might not even be correct that he'll play 1t.

Based on his contract, it seems like they envision him starting. I could be wrong. I really hope this doesn't stop them from chasing someone else in free agency. Everything I read about Mitchell is that he's not really valuable as a run stuffer. We still need some help there.

Contract seems front loaded. Could probably cut him after this year if he doesn't perform
Solid, solid, SOLID pickup and solid player. Fills a need area right away.
This is another really positive signing. After Defo, Jones, blair and AA, there is a cliff like fall in talent on this roster.

Originally posted by ginseng1000:

Well, the 49ers, Broncos, Seahawks & Falcons were going after him so maybe he's a player with some upside.

The Dolphins released him but the fact that the Broncos and Vance Joseph tried to lock him down says a lot.
Got the 1tech

What are your thoughts on him? Not too familiar other than his position and little things I've seen

No thoughts. I never even heard of him until last week. I might not even be correct that he'll play 1t.

Lmao. Most of us don't know either. I just know he's a run stopper. I hope he can stay healthy as he missed a lot of games the past two seasons. Mitchell had a chance to play for less $$$ with Denver and Seattle. The $$$ makes a huge difference but I think this is the Lynch effect. He's a natural leader and inspires people, evident through his press conference and interviews. We know one thing about Lynch's signings; he picks up players that love football. Lynch will be able to land more talent than that "other" GM with the raspy voice.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Got the 1tech

Based on his contract, it seems like they envision him starting. I could be wrong. I really hope this doesn't stop them from chasing someone else in free agency. Everything I read about Mitchell is that he's not really valuable as a run stuffer. We still need some help there.

Contract seems front loaded. Could probably cut him after this year if he doesn't perform
Agreed. I just don't think they'd fork 5 mil to him this season unless they think he'll start.
  • thl408
Yeah reading around I think he's going to play the 1t position. He appears to be a good run defender and meh pass rusher.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

He's more of a run-stopper than he is pass rush, Leave that to the DE since we are switching to a 4-3 now.
Share 49ersWebzone