LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Niners sign WR DeAndre Carter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Maybe Kerley wants to test the market?

Watching his highlights, I can still see us resigning Kerley as the slot WR. This guy, looks like he could be used like Taylor Gabriel...move him all around to create mismatches...at all 3 WR positions.

When we sign players or review our roster, you can envision now, how that'll fit in Kyle's WCO...and that's so damn refreshing.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Watching his highlights, I can still see us resigning Kerley as the slot WR. This guy, looks like he could be used like Taylor Gabriel...move him all around to create mismatches...at all 3 WR positions.

When we sign players or review our roster, you can envision now, how that'll fit in Kyle's WCO...and that's so damn refreshing.

Absolutely, NC. It's got me excited!

As for Kerley, I can understand why some want him back as he was pretty reliable throughout the year and lead our receivers in production despite changing QBs. I can also understand why the 49ers wouldn't re-sign him as he isn't the fastest player at his size, only averaged 10 ypc, and at the age of 29 there's very little upside to his career.

Carter looks intriguing. It always amazes me how guys can put up such monster numbers in their final year of college, and have to end up bouncing around the NFL until someone finally gives them their chance. Hopefully it works out for him with us.
The 49ers receiving corps-The Dedede's

DeAndre Carter
DeAndre Smelter
DiAndre Campbell
DeAndrew White
Originally posted by SaksV:
Absolutely, NC. It's got me excited!

As for Kerley, I can understand why some want him back as he was pretty reliable throughout the year and lead our receivers in production despite changing QBs. I can also understand why the 49ers wouldn't re-sign him as he isn't the fastest player at his size, only averaged 10 ypc, and at the age of 29 there's very little upside to his career.

Carter looks intriguing. It always amazes me how guys can put up such monster numbers in their final year of college, and have to end up bouncing around the NFL until someone finally gives them their chance. Hopefully it works out for him with us.

Truth. And given our propensity for injuries, we absolutely need to be two-deep wherever possible. Competition too. We've been quietly adding players that are filling out the 76-90 who have legit chances to carve out roles and add competition.

The exiting thing for me is that we know ShanaLynch are bringing these players in
...and they are bringing them in for specific reasons/roles.

Knowing we're running a 4-3 under and a WCO, and having both Seattle (and our old 49er defense) and Atlanta as models to draw from, you can really match up players and say, "This player fits nicely into this role."

Back in the day, like the Patriots now, it appeared we could plug anyone into our WCO and find success...so much in fact people wondered if it was the players or the system.

The truth was, it was both. Players were brought in for specific roles to make the system work. And because everyone knew their role, they could focus 100% on mastering it so that when they stepped out on the field, the system kept pumping out success and never missed a beat.

That was the true genius behind Bill Walsh and his WCO.

Flash forward to Kyle and it's the same concept. So he looks at an RGIII and laughs...all these folks lusting over the top 6 spread/air raid athletic QB's in the draft, and he's probably saying, "Eff that. I'm going with the best pro-style QB in Nathan Peterman and I can get him in the 3rd round! He's the best FIT for MY system...like Cousins was in the 4th."
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 25, 2017 at 7:25 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

DeAndre Carter
DeAndre Smelter
DiAndre Campbell
DeAndrew White

and so far we are 0 for 3 lol. L after L after L
  • cools
  • Veteran
He can return punts, we needed another PR, Probably a camp body, but should be fun to watch and root for

DeAndre Carter
DeAndre Smelter
DiAndre Campbell
DeAndrew White

Minus DeAndrew White he's on New England's Practice Squad
Originally posted by NCommand:
Truth. And given our propensity for injuries, we absolutely need to be two-deep wherever possible. Competition too. We've been quietly adding players that are filling out the 76-90 who have legit chances to carve out roles and add competition.

The exiting thing for me is that we know ShanaLynch are bringing these players in
...and they are bringing them in for specific reasons/roles.

Knowing we're running a 4-3 under and a WCO, and having both Seattle (and our old 49er defense) and Atlanta as models to draw from, you can really match up players and say, "This player fits nicely into this role."

Back in the day, like the Patriots now, it appeared we could plug anyone into our WCO and find success...so much in fact people wondered if it was the players or the system.

The truth was, it was both. Players were brought in for specific roles to make the system work. And because everyone knew their role, they could focus 100% on mastering it so that when they stepped out on the field, the system kept pumping out success and never missed a beat.

That was the true genius behind Bill Walsh and his WCO.

Flash forward to Kyle and it's the same concept. So he looks at an RGIII and laughs...all these folks lusting over the top 6 spread/air raid athletic QB's in the draft, and he's probably saying, "Eff that. I'm going with the best pro-style QB in Nathan Peterman and I can get him in the 3rd round! He's the best FIT for MY system...like Cousins was in the 4th."

Good post, Im ecstatic that the coach gets to hand pick his guys again. Its very important imo.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Good post, Im ecstatic that the coach gets to hand pick his guys again. Its very important imo.

I couldn't agree more!
Can't hurt giving this guy a shot. U need small pieces to the big puzzle

Originally posted by davewaymer49:
Can't hurt giving this guy a shot. U need small pieces to the big puzzle

Yup. Let's see what he can do. He has all the tools, it's just a matter of putting it out on the field
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Minus DeAndrew White he's on New England's Practice Squad

good he sucked
  • Buchy
  • Veteran

DeAndre Carter
DeAndre Smelter
DiAndre Campbell
DeAndrew White

I was thinking the same thing, this is where DeAndre's come to die....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I will give the new regime credit. they are three for three in regards in the signing of scrubs department
Originally posted by SaksV:
I think Shanahan may have found the Taylor Gabriel clone for his offense.

Well if he's looking for a Taylor Gabriel type of player he'll be available in FA.
Share 49ersWebzone