LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 122 users in the forums

Niners sign WR DeAndre Carter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/24/49ers-sign-wide-receiver-deandre-carter/
  • thl408
I see him listed at 5'8" 190. Short and stocky. Must be really quick. More slot competition.
Maybe he will be our next number one,but in all seriousness I am thinking slot or maybe special teams.
Superbowl
CHAAAAAMPIONSHIP!!!

Beat you b***hes!
The last Sac State player we had that actually played in a game, scored a TD on his first possession.

This is it guys.
Originally posted by NCommand:
CHAAAAAMPIONSHIP!!!

Beat you b***hes!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
I see him listed at 5'8" 190. Short and stocky. Must be really quick. More slot competition.

We have enough slot receivers, we need some more receivers with height and speed.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 24, 2017 at 3:17 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by thl408:

We have enough slot receivers, we need some more receivers with height and speed.

As of this moment it's Ellington and this guy. Kerley isn't signed.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I think Shanahan may have found the Taylor Gabriel clone for his offense.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SaksV:
I think Shanahan may have found the Taylor Gabriel clone for his offense.

naw
Strengths Stocky frame with good body control. Low center of gravity allows him to shut down route and open quickly. Outstanding separation quickness laterally. Highly competitive with well­-known work ethic. Finds the holes against zone coverage and is ready as soon as leather touches glove. Explosive lower body and plays to it.

Weaknesses Short with smaller catch radius for moderately accurate quarterbacks. Will be overwhelmed at point of attack if asked to block from slot. Hasn't faced quickness he'll see in the NFL. Draft Projection Round 6 or 7

Sources Tell Us "I wouldn't bet against him, but he has to prove he can be a return guy to make it early in his career. He's a fifth wide receiver to me." -- NFC area scout

Bottom Line Explosive short-area quickness and can free himself from most one­-on­-one coverage. Needs to prove he can offer special-teams return potential to maximize his opportunity. Despite lack of height, his quickness off the snap and out of his breaks will be hard to overlook for teams looking for possession receiver from the slot. Made promise to his dying 17-­year-old brother that he would make it in the NFL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Strengths Stocky frame with good body control. Low center of gravity allows him to shut down route and open quickly. Outstanding separation quickness laterally. Highly competitive with well­-known work ethic. Finds the holes against zone coverage and is ready as soon as leather touches glove. Explosive lower body and plays to it.

Weaknesses Short with smaller catch radius for moderately accurate quarterbacks. Will be overwhelmed at point of attack if asked to block from slot. Hasn't faced quickness he'll see in the NFL. Draft Projection Round 6 or 7

Sources Tell Us "I wouldn't bet against him, but he has to prove he can be a return guy to make it early in his career. He's a fifth wide receiver to me." -- NFC area scout

Bottom Line Explosive short-area quickness and can free himself from most one­-on­-one coverage. Needs to prove he can offer special-teams return potential to maximize his opportunity. Despite lack of height, his quickness off the snap and out of his breaks will be hard to overlook for teams looking for possession receiver from the slot. Made promise to his dying 17-­year-old brother that he would make it in the NFL.

Rooting for him now
[ Edited by Quest4six on Feb 24, 2017 at 3:42 PM ]
5-8, 180lbs. Totally unsure about this, but imma trust Shanny and Lynch and not judge it. I'm not gonna criticize any signing until I see the product on the field. But I thought we had enough slot-type WR's already. Maybe they don't like the WR talent we have. Perhaps nobody is safe in our WR corps, including T. Smith.
camp body tbh. But that story of his bro is making me root for him. if he has the heart, he will make it.
Share 49ersWebzone