LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

4th round comp pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looks like we added a 4th round comp pick to our draft selections this year. It will be interesting to see what Lynch+Shanahan have in mind as far as the current roster plus what we need to target in the draft and FA. I'm hoping they do a good cleanse of the roster on what might not fit either in the new scheme on D, or the new scheme on O. Also I would let it be known that every guy on the roster is available for trade, and that if teams are interested, to call and make an offer.

I would mainly be trying to thin out the roster of young guys who have talent, but haven't had much success as of yet (M. Martin+Carradine+Harold) guys like that whom might not fit here, but perhaps we could get late draft picks for them, or package on with a 7th to move up to a 6th, or little moves like that. Or simplify it and do a player for player swap like we did with B. Thomas last year for Kerley. We got rid of a bum, and got our most productive WR for the year.
I'll definitely take the extra pick. Can easily find a nice little gem or a guy that needs a lil work to push for a starting spot as you groom him up.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
We can land RB Jamaal Williams here and he'll be perfect..
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Looks like we added a 4th round comp pick to our draft selections this year.

Are the Niners still legally required to waste it, or was that just a Baalke thing?
its no 2 3rd picks but itll do haha
damn we can finally trade the comps pick right? i wish we couldve gotten tons like we used to get lol.
Good.. Trade this to move up for quality..
This and our 2nd for Jimmy G?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Love those 4th rd picks for small school stone cold studs.
Originally posted by 9moon:

What a great choice if he was available at this slot, but im not sure that the 49ers would even draft one of my favorite players. Not sure if he lasts to that late either.

Originally posted by gold49digger:
damn we can finally trade the comps pick right? ...

• total of 32 choices were handed out
  • 16 teams receiving at least one
  • Unlike previous years, comp picks can be traded this yea

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/24/eleven-teams-get-compensatory-third-round-picks/
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Feb 24, 2017 at 8:27 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Are the Niners still legally required to waste it, or was that just a Baalke thing?

Hopefully that was just a Baalke thing, along with the A.J. Jenkins type pix.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by 9moon:

What a great choice if he was available at this slot, but im not sure that the 49ers would even draft one of my favorite players. Not sure if he lasts to that late either.

With his extensive injury history I wouldn't be surprised.
Seattle got two 3rd round picks. Lynch is already f**king up
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Seattle got two 3rd round picks. Lynch is already f**king up

WTF? What does our GM have to do with how the NFL assigns comp picks?
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Feb 24, 2017 at 10:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone