There are 86 users in the forums

2017 NFL strength of schedule: Niners 20th

Next years has been released

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-strength-of-schedule-colts-have-it-easiest-broncos-face-a-slate-of-doom/

Not bad, pretty much middle of the pack.

Home: Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants, Panthers, Jaguars, Titans
Away: Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Bears, Eagles, Redskins, Texans, Colts

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-2017-home-and-away-regular-season-opponents-for-all-32-nfl-teams/
Playing the NFC East & AFC South makes this one of the easier schedules (on paper) for this team in years.

And only three Eastern time zone trips.
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 16, 2017 at 3:44 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Playing the NFC East & AFC South makes this one of the easier schedules (on paper) for this team in years.

And only three Eastern time zone trips.

I noticed that too, should help. Looks like we should try to stop the run next year from the looks of the teams we play
Originally posted by captveg:
Playing the NFC East & AFC South makes this one of the easier schedules (on paper) for this team in years.

And only three Eastern time zone trips.

This will help our young team for sure. We need all the advantages we can get this year
Not sure it'll be as easy as it shows. LA and Arizona could improve quickly, and I think the panthers will be back to playoff form. Titans with a year older Mariota could be tough. Same with Philly.
It helps that all 3 division opponents took a step back last season. AZ will continue to drop imo because of an aging Palmer and Fitzgerald. Its questionable if Calais Campbell sticks around. Tony Jefferson is a FA. A lot of uncertainty there.

Seattle will remain a very good team, they have their core locked up, but several years of sub-par drafting has them gravitating back toward the mean.

Rams are the Rams lol. Exciting new coaching staff. They got some work to do to get Phillips 3-4 D up and running. Not a lot playmakers on offense. Similar position as us, but they have some blue chippers in Donald, Gurley, Quinn. A little further a long than we are, but not by much. We'll be battling them for 3rd in the division.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
It helps that all 3 division opponents took a step back last season. AZ will continue to drop imo because of an aging Palmer and Fitzgerald. Its questionable if Calais Campbell sticks around. Tony Jefferson is a FA. A lot of uncertainty there.

Seattle will remain a very good team, they have their core locked up, but several years of sub-par drafting has them gravitating back toward the mean.

Rams are the Rams lol. Exciting new coaching staff. They got some work to do to get Phillips 3-4 D up and running. Not a lot playmakers on offense. Similar position as us, but they have some blue chippers in Donald, Gurley, Quinn. A little further a long than we are, but not by much. We'll be battling them for 3rd in the division.

Are they trying to ruin Donald's career? What is going on with these scheme changes that help absolutely nobody?
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by captveg:
Playing the NFC East & AFC South makes this one of the easier schedules (on paper) for this team in years.

And only three Eastern time zone trips.

I noticed that too, should help. Looks like we should try to stop the run next year from the looks of the teams we play

There's 4 games that have potential 10am starts
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
There's 4 games that have potential 10am starts

Five.

Bears, Eagles, Redskins, Texans, Colts.

Hopefully not all of those turn into 10 A.M. games. Then again, they probably will because you know... that's how it always goes.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Are they trying to ruin Donald's career? What is going on with these scheme changes that help absolutely nobody?

We'll see. Phillips defense still allows for the lineman to be aggressive in getting into the backfield. It is a one-gapping 3-4. Donald is an interesting fit because he is undersized and seemed perfect as a 3 tech in a 4-3. Jurrell Casey with the Titans made a similar switch as an undersized DT, and did it well. I think Donald will be fine.

Surprised they didn't give us Atlanta.
Still a tough schedule only because how bad the team is but a hell of a lot easier than last year.
10-6
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Surprised they didn't give us Atlanta.

Its predetermined by results. We play one whole AFC division, which rotates in order each year. We play one whole NFC division that isnt our own, also rotating. Then we play the 2 remaining NFC divisions' teams that finished in the same place as us. The remaining 6 are our own divisional games.

But it did seem like we drew the short straw every year, constantly getting top 5 hardest schedules.
I see 5 wins. Maybe 6.
Share 49erswebzone