LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

The Baalkie Effect, and its hang over.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Baalkie Effect, and its hang over.

Originally posted by goldlame2013:
I am still stunned as to how awful this guy was, and how blind everyone was on. You can't make up in a fiction or comedy novel some of the stuff he did.

+1

Not Everyone......

I'm still recovering from the debates or arguments for this cancer. I think I got dumber or lost some brain cells along the way, listening to some of the excuses made for him...
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 16, 2017 at 10:11 AM ]
I'd much rather look forward...it's pretty unanimous Baalke did his damage. Time to move on...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
shouldn't all those injured players baalke drafted be at full speed by now?

Naw. Baalke drafted players in his own image, namely players who are unqualified to work in the NFL. We call that a "hit" in the business.
I'll be excited if and when they take a QB in rounds 1-4.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
The fact that you spelled Baalke wrong twice kind of irks me.

So disrespectful to the great man.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I'll be excited if and when they take a QB in rounds 1-4.

The irony is that we may still not.

Lynch/Shanahan still have a ton to prove in the real world of talent recognition/acquisition. But I certainly like the tone set so far and have high hopes for both as a tandem...the whole FO actually.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I am still stunned as to how awful this guy was, and how blind everyone was on. You can't make up in a fiction or comedy novel some of the stuff he did.

+1

Not Everyone......

I'm still recovering from the debates or arguments for this cancer. I think I got dumber or lost some brain cells along the way, listening to some of the excuses made for him...

Well, I apologize, as I was one of those Baalke defenders...

My hate for Greg Roman blinded my judgment to everything else. I only came around when the Kelley disaster took place. In theory, I thought he had some good ideas... But in reality, there's a reason no one else was doing the same thing.

Life... Makes us all fools from time to time. Just don't get fooled twice I guess.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

+1

Not Everyone......

Well, I apologize, as I was one of those Baalke defenders...

My hate for Greg Roman blinded my judgment to everything else. I only came around when the Kelley disaster took place. In theory, I thought he had some good ideas... But in reality, there's a reason no one else was doing the same thing.

Life... Makes us all fools from time to time. Just don't get fooled twice I guess.

Nothing wrong with supporting your GM, QB, etc. Roman though...LOL...I guess him too. The truth is you can put Baalke's drafts up against the 9 GM's we interviewed and the number of starters, impact players, etc. over the past 4 years is identical with Baalke having the highest retention rate (but that's to be expected for a rebuilding team as there are more job openings). Even the philosophies are different for many of the GM's but the end results were similar.

The difference for him and any GM is finding a FQB. If you can find that, you're set for 10 years. If not, you're gone. It's probably a good thing Kaepernick never worked out as it allowed for a full FO/coaching change and we may have a great one!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i remember a time when my boy sus and I, and a couple others, were ridiculed for questioning Baalke's picks.
i remember a time when my boy sus and I, and a couple others, were ridiculed for questioning Baalke's picks.

Top 5 GM

Top 5 GM

Top 5 QB
Originally posted by NCommand:

Top 5 GM

Top 5 QB

The last one we took was Smith and that was a mistake. I wonder if that has made them gun-shy?
Baalke was just like the Oroville Dam spillway ... looked great but when the water hit the spillway it just fell apart. Just like when his players stepped into starting roles. Still, there is something there, will just be expensive to fix.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I am pumped TB is gone.....

RIP Tampa Bay

So glad to be rid of Tuberculosis
Originally posted by NCommand:

Top 5 GM

Top 5 QB

The last one we took was Smith and that was a mistake. I wonder if that has made them gun-shy?

Oh I'm sure! Baalke seemed fearful of making the same mistake twice (QB's and WR's)...but had no issues with money-ball ACL's. Arg. But this is why it's refreshing to have a new set of eyes in here. And exciting!

It's interesting, the one thing that Kyle and Lynch know already, and Baalke admitted, is that you need that FQB. That was the first thing they stated in interviews. Their jobs, literally, depend on it. So it would not surprise me one bit to "overspend" in draft capital in year 1 to get their Kirk Cousins or Jimmy Garoppolo. They get either or those two guys, in their mind, they are set and can start building around them (add to the WR core, FB to pair with Hyde, etc.) over the years.

So stay tuned. Baalke never got that (until it was too little too late)...these two already get it.
Share 49ersWebzone