LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Last time we ran the 4-3 our D was horrible! It was like night and day when we switched to the 3-4!

Could be wrong but wasn't that because of Manusky?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He'll bring over that winning culture from Jacksonville that Jed wants to establish.

Hiring another guy who's never done the job before.... Get ready for more terrible defense.

You mean from Seattle?

Originally posted by est1985:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Last time we ran the 4-3 our D was horrible! It was like night and day when we switched to the 3-4!

Could be wrong but wasn't that because of Manusky?

Manusky ran a 3-4... I don't remember the last time we ran a 4-3... 2005
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
zero pass rush, again
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He'll bring over that winning culture from Jacksonville that Jed wants to establish.

Hiring another guy who's never done the job before.... Get ready for more terrible defense.

You mean from Seattle?

Yup that quality control experience will come in handy coordinating an NFL defense.
Originally posted by Jcool:

They sucked ass against the run with a 3-4 anyway. NFL Historic worst run defense.
Bow is not a SLB in this defense. Matt Miller is tripping. Nobody wants to see Bowman being used to set the edge in base lol.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
I hope we somehow get a real NT and back-up/back-ups and stay with the 3-4. I really do
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Did anyone ask Shanny what D they were going to run at the presser?
  • PGENZ
  • Veteran
Love the optimism as always.

Leaving thread in 3, 2, 1

Originally posted by Ensatsu:

They sucked ass against everything with a 3-4 anyway. NFL Historic worst defense.

FTFY
Also, does this mean there's a higher chance we draft Jonathan Allen? If so, going to have to lock up a QB before the draft... unless we want to trade back up into the first round somehow.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Feb 13, 2017 at 1:49 PM ]
No, I believe it does not. Allen would just exacerbate our problem of finding spots for Armstead and Buckner.

Thomas, however, comes into play now.

Seems a bit off to me. Buckner as a nose tackle taking on double-teams is a waste imo, he should be in a position to be more disruptive in the backfield. I see him as 3-tech or strong side end.

Also don't like Bowman at SAM. He's much better suited for the MIKE or WILL. I want Bowman to be a chase and pursuit tackling machine.
Am I the only one who is happy with this? Good hire
Share 49ersWebzone