Shop 49ers game tickets
I came for the 300 reference.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
This dude is turrble. 1st of all we should have never ditched the 3-4, 2nd this dude must really overrate our pass rush he thinks we can just rush 4 and never blitz. 3rd his sub packages are bad, he doesn't play people in the right position.

Wish we had a real proven DC instead of this Xerxes wonna be.

Who cares if we are 4-3 now. We had the worst Defense in the NFL last year, something had to change.

and look.. we still can generate no pass rush,. the secondary is terrible just like they were in pre season but we were told to wait cuz come regular season. we will unleash some beasts. the team was also dumb enough to pin their secondary hopes on often injured players like reid and ward and thinking bowman would be back to normal. arrogant presumption at best. stupidity at worst. no offense to those who worshop PPF,PFF?? whatever the heck they are.. our defense is garbage again with quite possible the worst collection of linebackers in the nfl. thats even with foster in there

Dumping Brooks for Eli was the biggest head scratcher of all.
when you ask, all they do is attack brooks for being to old,,, they seem very quiet about eli. hmm. well they do say. hopefully he gets it in his third year.lol

Thats because shannylynch are perfect and their poo smells like roses.

Or they haven't been around long enough to know how their poop smells just yet. I am glad you already got a first class sniff though sus.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 28, 2017 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
This dude is turrble. 1st of all we should have never ditched the 3-4, 2nd this dude must really overrate our pass rush he thinks we can just rush 4 and never blitz. 3rd his sub packages are bad, he doesn't play people in the right position.

Wish we had a real proven DC instead of this Xerxes wonna be.

Who cares if we are 4-3 now. We had the worst Defense in the NFL last year, something had to change.

and look.. we still can generate no pass rush,. the secondary is terrible just like they were in pre season but we were told to wait cuz come regular season. we will unleash some beasts. the team was also dumb enough to pin their secondary hopes on often injured players like reid and ward and thinking bowman would be back to normal. arrogant presumption at best. stupidity at worst. no offense to those who worshop PPF,PFF?? whatever the heck they are.. our defense is garbage again with quite possible the worst collection of linebackers in the nfl. thats even with foster in there

Dumping Brooks for Eli was the biggest head scratcher of all.
when you ask, all they do is attack brooks for being to old,,, they seem very quiet about eli. hmm. well they do say. hopefully he gets it in his third year.lol

Thats because shannylynch are perfect and their poo smells like roses.

Or they haven't been around long enough to know how their poop smells just yet. I am glad you already got a first class sniff though sus.

I didnt think letting brooks go was smart but all i heard was he was old, expensive, not part of the future and we had lynch.
Originally posted by teylo31:
I didnt think letting brooks go was smart but all i heard was he was old, expensive, not part of the future and we had lynch.

Lynch and Brooks didn't play the same position in this defense. I've never been a big Eli Harold fan but obviously for the amount of money Brooks was being paid, they didn't feel the current talent gap or play execution in practice/preseason games was big enough to validate his roster spot over the younger player. The team fully committed itself to a youth movement to see who is worthy of being a part of the foundation to build off of and who isn't.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 28, 2017 at 2:32 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Great podcast today covering sacks vs. pressures: https://www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2017/9/27/16377506/better-rivals-podcast-sacks-kill-drives-but-pressure-also-affects-games

We're 8th in overall pressures but 6th slowest getting there, meaning mostly our two biggest/tallest guys are getting there most in Buckner and Armstead but they aren't going to get there with explosion and quickness off the LOS.

They too would like to move Armstead out to Big End:

Armstead + Buckner + Thomas + Lynch

personally we are in a great position with our D-line.... Young raw players who are being built... I don't want to be off key with the Niners and lossing, but in reality we need a top pick in this years draft to insure we get our franchise QB. Shannys rep is bc of his keen eye on QB's....
What we really need is a play maker CB... this last offseason in the free agentacy we could've nabbed one, but the Niners didnt. I dont understand why and in my opinion it was fullish. Anyone knows a good CB's and QB are hard to come by or raise. Why wouldn't you use common since, make an exception, and solidify that position for at least 4 years.
Originally posted by Constantine:
Great podcast today covering sacks vs. pressures: https://www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2017/9/27/16377506/better-rivals-podcast-sacks-kill-drives-but-pressure-also-affects-games

We're 8th in overall pressures but 6th slowest getting there, meaning mostly our two biggest/tallest guys are getting there most in Buckner and Armstead but they aren't going to get there with explosion and quickness off the LOS.

They too would like to move Armstead out to Big End:

Armstead + Buckner + Thomas + Lynch

personally we are in a great position with our D-line.... Young raw players who are being built... I don't want to be off key with the Niners and lossing, but in reality we need a top pick in this years draft to insure we get our franchise QB. Shannys rep is bc of his keen eye on QB's....
What we really need is a play maker CB... this last offseason in the free agentacy we could've nabbed one, but the Niners didnt. I dont understand why and in my opinion it was fullish. Anyone knows a good CB's and QB are hard to come by or raise. Why wouldn't you use common since, make an exception, and solidify that position for at least 4 years.

This offseason is key for sure. Get the qb, o-line, and a starting cb for sure. Lots of holes to fill, but those three will show the biggest gains overall.
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
I actually think Tartt has been our best defender all three games.

I'm looking forward to seeing all 3 back plus Ward.

...just hope nobody goes no huddle on us anymore. Ha

Really? You think Tartt is better than Buckner, PFF's league leader in pressures, semi-pressures, almost pressures, and pressures under pressure?

Quit putting me under pressure to respond!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

thats great but why did the coaches give lynch and elvis so few snaps last game as the rams qb ate us up and exposed the keystone cops secondary we all knew we had??
Grant finally asked my question:

ME: One more question about Solomon Thomas. You had him rushing from the edge a lot in this previous game. When he was drafted, general manager John Lynch talked about him kicking inside on passing downs. Do you feel he's out of position on the edge or do you like him more there?

"We're trying to get our best four on the field. I think Solomon could be a good edge rusher, but I don't disagree at all with John. I think he's going to be a premier inside rusher when it's all said and done, so we do need to find ways to get him inside to rush the passer a little bit more. When you look at the guys we have, with Dumervil, [LB] Eli Harold, [LB Dekoda] Watson, Solomon, Buckner, Armstead, there's really good pass rushers, and trying to find a way to get them all on the field at the same time and which combination is going to work, we've got to continue to work through that."

Saleh starting to see the light.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 28, 2017 at 4:11 PM ]

thats great but why did the coaches give lynch and elvis so few snaps last game as the rams qb ate us up and exposed the keystone cops secondary we all knew we had??

You got me

ME: One more question about Solomon Thomas. You had him rushing from the edge a lot in this previous game. When he was drafted, general manager John Lynch talked about him kicking inside on passing downs. Do you feel he's out of position on the edge or do you like him more there?

"We're trying to get our best four on the field. I think Solomon could be a good edge rusher, but I don't disagree at all with John. I think he's going to be a premier inside rusher when it's all said and done, so we do need to find ways to get him inside to rush the passer a little bit more. When you look at the guys we have, with Dumervil, [LB] Eli Harold, [LB Dekoda] Watson, Solomon, Buckner, Armstead, there's really good pass rushers, and trying to find a way to get them all on the field at the same time and which combination is going to work, we've got to continue to work through that."

Jesus find ways?

STOP PUTTING HIM ON THE OUTSIDE d******d
Originally posted by jreff22:

Jesus find ways?

Seriously! When Grant asked him about his technique of going to the middle of the chest, Saleh literally laughed and said, "I don't know where he got that (move)"

What was interesting was that he's over the positions and just wants to get the best 4 out there. I sort of got the feeling he's about to tinker with the lineup.

Fingers crossed.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Jesus find ways?

Seriously! When Grant asked him about his technique of going to the middle of the chest, Saleh literally laughed and said, "I don't know where he got that (move)"

What was interesting was that he's over the positions and just wants to get the best 4 out there. I sort of got the feeling he's about to tinker with the lineup.

Fingers crossed.

Sounds like hes thinking long term. Tank going down changes things anyways.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Saleh's response to that :

Going back to the pass rush, LB Elvis Dumervil has played less than a quarter of the snaps. I know DL Tank Carradine is out so you're going to have to vary your rotations a little bit. In terms of his playing time, has that been something where you want to ramp it up as the season goes along or are you looking at it like, 'We're going against run-heavy offenses and we need to be in base more often?'

"The first three weeks we felt like we've been playing some run-heavy offenses, for sure. Again, it goes back to us being dominant on first and second down. Or even first down, to give yourself some second-and-long, third-and-long opportunities where he can get on the field. Before the game, I think we were doing really well on first down after the first two weeks. Really, really well. The whole idea of 'Let's get this dude out here,' the more you have confidence in your first down defense, the more you can get him more reps. Thursday obviously wasn't good enough for anyone who's a Niners fan or employee or anything. But, trying to get to that and trying to find opportunities to get on the field, that's always on our thoughts.
I don't know any more than anyone else, but Saleh just said what i have pointed out from the beginning. He wants to get the best 4 on the field. And to date, that hasn't happened. Not as easy as it sounds. If he does figure it out sometime around midseason, i would be stoked. But getting the best 4 and then getting each in the maximally best slot...that is a sticky wicket. There are just so many combinations and permutations. May look easy, but it definitely is not. What most of us need is a large dose of patience.
Share 49ersWebzone