LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 346 users in the forums

RETIRING 94

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if the organization decides to retire the #, should it be under Justin Smith or Charles Haley??
Dana Stubblefield. At least he won dpoy
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

Stubblefield is currently defending him self from charges of raping a disabled nanny, he also cheated....BALCO. That said we won 2 SB's with Haley.
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 12, 2017 at 4:25 PM ]
Nah, don't retire it. I'm not a fan of retiring numbers unless its for an absolute legend of the game.. 16, 80, 42, 8....those are numbers I'd keep retired. Everything else should be available imo.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Smith should have won it instead of that retarded Suggs. To me, he the real mvp
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Nah, don't retire it. I'm not a fan of retiring numbers unless its for an absolute legend of the game.. 16, 80, 42, 8....those are numbers I'd keep retired. Everything else should be available imo.

Like ive said before, it would take 50 more years to retire enough numbers, even at the 49ers pace of having great players, to run out of enough numbers to field a 53 man roster.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 12, 2017 at 4:57 PM ]
So, if there is a number and it isn't clear which player it should be retired for, why retire the number?
Stubblefield = left for tha $$$ and sucked

Haley = HOFer but was a problem child

Smith = only half his career was here cant see retiring a number for that....

A number that should be retired is #97 tha great BY he was a beast and was a career long 49ers
  • cools
  • Veteran
Cant keep retiring #'s, teams getting in bind with position rules for #'s

It's already been discussed that teams will find other ways to honor great players

I like what LSU does, you kinda earn the right to ware a "great" # stars of the past wore
[ Edited by cools on Feb 12, 2017 at 7:24 PM ]
Marques Douglas

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Stubblefield = left for tha $$$ and sucked

Haley = HOFer but was a problem child

Smith = only half his career was here cant see retiring a number for that....

A number that should be retired is #97 tha great BY he was a beast and was a career long 49ers

I'd be fine with retiring BY's jersey but I don't think 94 should be retired.
I wouldn't mind seeing 52 retired either.

Owens is at worst the 3rd best receiver of all time but 81 won't be retired.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 12, 2017 at 7:29 PM ]
I'll never forget BY's last game, when it was over the players carried him off the field. I couldn't remember that happening in all the years I've followed NFL football.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I'll never forget BY's last game, when it was over the players carried him off the field. I couldn't remember that happening in all the years I've followed NFL football.

Pretty sure they did it for Jerry Rice too.
  • JEXIT
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
So, if there is a number and it isn't clear which player it should be retired for, why retire the number?

This
Is st claire # retired?
Share 49ersWebzone