LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 318 users in the forums

Martin Mayhew-New GM-Washington Football Team

Shop 49ers game tickets
Looks like another good move!
I'm so happy with this offseason so far. The Lynch hire was out of nowhere and a head scratcher for sure, but I love adding Peters and Mayhew (two guys who could potentially be GMs in the future). This is the best front office we've had in a VERY long time.

I'm also loving Shanahan. I feel great about where this team is heading.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/04/16/detroit-lions-draft-history/25881215/

Full spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AwldQiDZ6-tLV-8VPSH4cr9ho0N3RzIVi4c3-v0AkV8/pubhtml

Besides a bad 2014 and 2015 isn't shaping up that great either, the rest is pretty impressive how many players are still playing. A few good pass rushers drafted as well.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Whether it was him or Dominik, the 49ers needed an experienced front office guy and they get exactly that with Mayhew. He's a former teammate of Lynch's as well so I'm sure that didn't hurt in the decision to hire him. His GM record is mixed but he has a plethora of experience that will allow Lynch to lean on him.

With Lynch, Mayhew, Peters and Gamble the front office has come together pretty nicely IMO. All these guys will have specific roles with Lynch acting as the overseer for everything that goes on.

This 👍👋☝️
Lynch wanted to have a senior personnel exec with experience as a GM...Mayhew has it. He's a guy Lynch trusts & that goes back to the 4 years they played together in Tampa Bay. Lynch now has 3 guys he'll rely on for player evaluations, both college and pro: Gamble, Adams and now Mayhew. That'll be huge, especially this first year, when he & Shanahan are taking a crash course on their own roster, prepping for FA, combine & the draft.
  • thl408
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Lynch wanted to have a senior personnel exec with experience as a GM...Mayhew has it. He's a guy Lynch trusts & that goes back to the 4 years they played together in Tampa Bay. Lynch now has 3 guys he'll rely on for player evaluations, both college and pro: Gamble, Adams and now Mayhew. That'll be huge, especially this first year, when he & Shanahan are taking a crash course on their own roster, prepping for FA, combine & the draft.

Between Lynch and Mayhew, that's 2 Super Bowl rings and 23 years of playing experience. When these two guys sit a prospect down at the combine and ask questions, I think they'll be able to get a good gauge whether the prospect is committed to football.
For some reason I read Brandon Mayhew lmao
Originally posted by Jcool:

Nice move to shore up the front office with more experience
This gives Lynch a guy he can trust and that has experience.
Glad Lynch isnt a know it all type guy. He has admitted his weaknesses and have addressed them with good hires.

Really looking foward to what he builds.
Nice. I'm glad to see no one is bashing this hire.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea I like him over Dominik. Good gire

This. Now we just need to hire Gire when he retires.

even if
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
even if

I'm surprised the Giants let him go.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tommyncal:
I'm surprised the Giants let him go.

Its not surprising. He was just the director of football operations/special projects. He was low on the totem pole.
I'm just glad we have another experienced voice in the room. This is John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan's team. Whether you think Mayhew is good or just okay... that's not his role. He's not the core decision-maker. Obviously, he's important, but primarily he is a voice to lend his experience.

Between Gamble and Mayhew... and the up-and-coming talents of Peter... I like how Lynch is surrounding himself.
Share 49ersWebzone