There are 245 users in the forums

Replacing the Strength and Conditioning Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ray Wright hired. With the Redskins and Texans before
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The #49ers have hired former Houston and Washington strength and conditioning coach Ray Wright, a league source confirms.
I have said this for some time now, FIRE EVERYONE! Well done, and hear the equipment manager was let go! Great, now the grounds keepers! Love a fresh start!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I have said this for some time now, FIRE EVERYONE! Well done, and hear the equipment manager was let go! Great, now the grounds keepers! Love a fresh start!
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Hawaii49er.
Hope that guy and his staff are an improvement.

Who is the new equipment manager?
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This change shows that really nothing is being overlooked, they are looking to improve everywhere.
+1 exactly

Very nice to see
Originally posted by Niners99:

I hear Bobby Boucher is being interviewed. Known for his versatility.
Why was the equipment manager let go? Seemed like one the few bright spots on this team.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Why was the equipment manager let go? Seemed like one the few bright spots on this team.

The stitching on Shanny and Lynch's jerseys were crooked.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

Maybe two possible reasons. Still vetting the information leaks over the last 10 years. Maybe he has a guy he trusts and wants to work with.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This change shows that really nothing is being overlooked, they are looking to improve everywhere.

Amazing how fast this happened. Kyle has been here, what, 4 days? Have we hired a DC yet? Have we decided on the our draft lists for Myles being available vs NOT being available, have we decided which QB we want? Have we decided what we do with 2nd pick if Myles is gone vs Myles being there? Same for our third pick...

Have we decided we definitely go with a garopp/ Cousins/ (Pick your own vet qB), or have we decided upon going all in on just rook QBs? Have we filled out our lists of asst coaches?

Yet just a couple days in and Kyle has a new S &C coach to head up one of the worst problems we have had for 4 yrs running now....when you look at it like that, IT IS IMPRESSIVE.

And it makes me KNOW that we definitely picked the right guy to lead us. Did i have any idea kyle would deal with what is an eyesore so quickly? No. Did anyone else? This has nothing to do wiht clever play calling. This is a guy who is a thinker, a guy who has looked at the entire team from soup to nuts. A guy who is super prepared. This is the guy we have been missing....but now he is here. And that is ruddy amazing.

Couple guys looking for jobs. Maybe they could make Baalke and Tomsula co-equipment managers.
when you let the best equipment man in the nfl go and bring in someone that's your buddy that is not a good hire and may indicate where we will end up again in a few years. You should always surround yourself with the best people!

He's the dude who cleans the uniforms, makes sure the cleats have the right spikes, and that there is plenty of Tape and crap like that. I don't care if he was any good at it, I've been saying fire everyone, all of them from top to bottom. New GM, and Team President, all the way to the ball boys, parking lot attendants, and grounds keepers! A fresh start all the way! There isn't one person from the previous regime that needs to stay.
Share 49ersWebzone