There are 215 users in the forums

Replacing the Strength and Conditioning Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure if there is a thread on this already. This sounds like great news, after the amount of injuries we had the last few years, maybe a different form of training could help with injury prevention.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Not sure if there is a thread on this already. This sounds like great news, after the amount of injuries we had the last few years, maybe a different form of training could help with injury prevention.

There are some with legitimate injuries, but for the most part it's questionable manhood and lack of team commitment. So what If our team sucks and you still got paid! We need more player that are committed. Players that are willing to play through injuries to inspire their team mates. Players that will do everything they can to stay on the field. Not taking a rest week cause their back is sore and miraculously plays the next week.
We need tough guys like Justin Smith, Patrick Willis,Frank Gore, and thank goodness we still have Bowman. It makes me jealous when I see a player like Alex Mack with a broken leg and goes out and Beast it for his teammates.

Replacement staff are on their way...

I'm with it. A change is gonna come.
They have someone lined up. If you listened to Lynch's interviews yesterday out sounds like they have the whole staff lined up. He says he's very happy with who they got considering how late they were. He said he's been interviewing coaches for a week.

You know what that means? Age of the leaks are over.
It's crazy you would think with Kelly's obsession with sports science this team would be Uber healthy.

Oh well look forward to some conventional football next season.
We should have fing drafted Alex Mack. God I still hate that draft so much. F Crabtree and all the rest of the picks outside of RJF and Pascoe. It was a crap draft but Mack was an obvious HOF talent. Whatever.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
It's crazy you would think with Kelly's obsession with sports science this team would be Uber healthy.

Oh well look forward to some conventional football next season.

Kelly laid out the ground rules, the strength and conditioning guys had to execute it I'm guessing they didn't do a good job. Other than the questionable QB play, we didn't play as fast as I thought we would under Kelly.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Replacement staff are on their way...

asians? lol naw.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
asians? lol naw.

Anyways, yeah anyone but who we have had the last few years. Can't wait to see a well coached, well schemed, in shape squad on the field.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
This needed to happen and was tops on my list of changes.

NC looks like you and I and some others weren't the only ones who noticed how many injuries there have been on this team - way, way more than the league average. This tells me the guys aren't prepared as they should be physically. The Strenght and Conditioning team absolutely should be fired. AA is an example - that young and already missing time because of injury. Crazy.

Yes sir...we always heard "it's just an excuse...everybody gets injuries." It is...until it hits a certain limit and we went WAY over it 3 straight years. It was the big elephant in the room but was the foundation of many of our problems (ripple effects). If you can't get on the field and STAY on the field, nothing else matters. Super excited about a change here!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yes sir...we always heard "it's just an excuse...everybody gets injuries." It is...until it hits a certain limit and we went WAY over it 3 straight years. It was the big elephant in the room but was the foundation of many of our problems (ripple effects). If you can't get on the field and STAY on the field, nothing else matters. Super excited about a change here!

Completely agree.
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Completely agree.

This change shows that really nothing is being overlooked, they are looking to improve everywhere.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
wrong thread.
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 8, 2017 at 11:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone