There are 266 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Kyle coached his ass off last year. A very underrated job. And having Jimmy cramming helps too. But his players going 0-9 and still behaving like champions towards the end of the season, embodied the Walsh quote.

That quote is supposedly on the Stanford locker room, so Lynch knows all about that. Lynch with Walsh at Stanford and Kyle with his father as former 49ers OC, you can't get two better guys to bring back the Niner standard

One guy knows the kind of coaching needed to make champions. He created an environment for the players to form cohesion for themselves. Not manufactured rah rah locker room speeches. The other guy lived it as a NFL player side and knows what type of player mentality needed to succeed.

I believe this is at Levi as well

A first year coach not losing his team after the amount of heartbreaking losses that comprised the 0-9 start is so impressive to me.

I have said more than once that this was the thing that makes me believe that Shanahan is the real deal as a head coach. It is obvious that despite his young age, he commands respect and inspires players, even veterans. The players have to think you are genuine to buy what you are trying to sell. It seems to me like they do.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Kyle coached his ass off last year. A very underrated job. And having Jimmy cramming helps too. But his players going 0-9 and still behaving like champions towards the end of the season, embodied the Walsh quote.

That quote is supposedly on the Stanford locker room, so Lynch knows all about that. Lynch with Walsh at Stanford and Kyle with his father as former 49ers OC, you can't get two better guys to bring back the Niner standard

One guy knows the kind of coaching needed to make champions. He created an environment for the players to form cohesion for themselves. Not manufactured rah rah locker room speeches. The other guy lived it as a NFL player side and knows what type of player mentality needed to succeed.

I believe this is at Levi as well

A first year coach not losing his team after the amount of heartbreaking losses that comprised the 0-9 start is so impressive to me.

I have said more than once that this was the thing that makes me believe that Shanahan is the real deal as a head coach. It is obvious that despite his young age, he commands respect and inspires players, even veterans. The players have to think you are genuine to buy what you are trying to sell. It seems to me like they do.

Can't wait!

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Anyone that's followed my posts has seen how much Kyle has been my guy. Seriously, I wanted him as an OC in 2014 and one of my primary reasons for wanting Mike Shanahan during the 15 & 16 coaching hunts was getting Kyle on board. I'm just a big fan of his offense and his play calling. That was always the huge draw for me.

After seeing last year, he's even better At relating to players and taking the role of a HC than I expected. I thought that might take a couple of seasons.

I just can't express how happy I am at the position we find ourselves currently. I had serious doubts we could get back here. Especially considering how far we had fallen. Hell, I remember PMing Thl during the 2016 Atlanta game saying how much I wanted Kyle, but I assumed we could never get him because how big of a s**t show we had become. The fact he seemingly wanted us and wanted to get us back to a proper state makes me like him even more.

I obviously felt the same.

In one year, we completely got back to our roots: real WCO, offensive mastermind HC/OC, 4-3_under, FO restructured the way it used to be with McVay, pocket QB, etc.

The foundation is laid and we're only missing a few personnel pieces to take the WCO and Seifert's 4-3 to the proper level.

After just 2 off seasons, it's very easy to see what those pieces are and that alone is remarkable.

Offensive mastermind and a legit QB developer. I have been very disappointed in Harbaugh at the U. of Michigan. I expected that he could take those college QB's and make them better but ironically, the reason they have not beat Ohio and the rest of the top echelon teams is because of weakness at QB. That was a shocking revelation to me. I thought he really was a QB whisperer with Luck as his college QB, but I'm more impressed with David Shaw as the OC and QB developer than I was with Harbaugh, now looking back in hindsight at both Harbaugh's and David's coaching careers. Kyle is legit, not only as a superior QB developer, but as you said, an elite offensive mastermind.

That's a terrific point; the ability to 1) ID the proper traits of a QB 2) develop that QB within the offensive system and 3) maximize the QB based on incredible game-planning, X's and O's and communication.

Not many HC's possess that ability.

I couldn't agree more about JH either.
Anyone that's followed my posts has seen how much Kyle has been my guy. Seriously, I wanted him as an OC in 2014 and one of my primary reasons for wanting Mike Shanahan during the 15 & 16 coaching hunts was getting Kyle on board. I'm just a big fan of his offense and his play calling. That was always the huge draw for me.

After seeing last year, he's even better At relating to players and taking the role of a HC than I expected. I thought that might take a couple of seasons.

I just can't express how happy I am at the position we find ourselves currently. I had serious doubts we could get back here. Especially considering how far we had fallen. Hell, I remember PMing Thl during the 2016 Atlanta game saying how much I wanted Kyle, but I assumed we could never get him because how big of a s**t show we had become. The fact he seemingly wanted us and wanted to get us back to a proper state makes me like him even more.

Absolutely thrilled at this turn of events! Lynch is a smart guy with great contacts around the NFL, Shanahan is one of the most creative young offensive minds in the NFL and now we have a FQB! Yowza!

I'm not gonna lie I want McDaniels over shanny at the beginning(Kyle was 2nd choice). I thought kyle was a entitled brat based on the stuff I read from his D.C days. I didn't think he'd mesh with players/coaches.

I was super wrong, dude is a OG...he relates with players and guys want to play on his offenses. I couldn't be more happier with our HC/FO
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 26, 2018 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm not gonna lie I want McDaniels over shanny at the beginning(Kyle was 2nd choice). I thought kyle was a entitled brat based on the stuff I read from his D.C days. I didn't think he'd mesh with players/coaches.

I was super wrong, dude is a OG...he relates with players and guys want to play on his offenses. I couldn't be more happier with our HC/FO

A repentant person

A repentant person

Haha I got no problem admitting I was wrong

A repentant person

I had believed some of the s**t written about him after Washington too.

In retrospect, that could very well fueled him to be even more focus to be successful on his own. There was no way he could have laid it out to the media that he wasn't solely a product of his father's prior success. Atlanta was a stop he so much needed.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 26, 2018 at 1:48 PM ]

Haha....McDaniels was my number 2. My big fear was we where too much of a s**tshow to land either.

A repentant person

I had believed some of the s**t written about him after Washington too.

In retrospect, that could very well fueled him to be even more focus to be successful on his own. There was no way he could have laid it out to the media that he wasn't solely a product of his father's prior success. Atlanta was a stop he so much needed.

I felt that s**t was way overblown and that's why you don't necessarily believe an opinion or someone that maybe did get in a heated moment with someone then that person runs off and says the other party is an a*****e lol.

What I can say is we all as we group are supposed to go through things that make is more humble for our future experiences going forward.

Could've all been a part of god's plan on the timing getting Shanny and Lynch
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 26, 2018 at 3:28 PM ]

Haha....McDaniels was my number 2. My big fear was we where too much of a s**tshow to land either.

To me McDaniels/Shanahan were neck-and-neck I just wanted one of them. When every other team passed on both of them I was very surprised.
lol Could've been McDaniels and then he pulled a Colts move on the Niners. Holy s**t — the total meltdown on this board

We now have KS and JG Like the very best of all possible outcome in get a HC and FQB
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 26, 2018 at 3:48 PM ]
lol Could've been McDaniels and then he pulled a Colts move on the Niners. Holy s**t — the total meltdown on this board

Lol we were at rock bottom at the time as it was. The negative nancies were already chanting that nobody wanted to come here. Just imagine if that happened on top of everything.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

To me McDaniels/Shanahan were neck-and-neck I just wanted one of them. When every other team passed on both of them I was very surprised.

I was hoping for McVay, but Shanahan was a close second. With Lynch as GM Shanahan is fine. If they had a guy lacking strength at GM McVay would have been interesting. I believe the talk about McVay was that he was a guy who commanded a room--a natural leader.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 26, 2018 at 3:50 PM ]
It's telling that Belichick chose to send his backup QB to Shanahan
Share 49ersWebzone