There are 133 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
He fired Harbaugh because he was driving everyone in the building crazy, he's a good coach but also bats**t crazy. His schtick wears off after awhile, and seeing as how we went 8-8 in his last year it was an easy call.

Yes, as much as I hate to admit it, the firing of Harbaugh was inevitable. He is nuts. But Baalke was a Bill Parcell's guy...see power linemen and it doesn't matter if they get the QB killed. That seemed to fit Harbaugh so it didn't matter. Now we see WCO returning and I am so darned happy! And I would put Lynch/Shanahan's IQs against Baalke/Harbaugh any day of the week!

Jed may have finally done this right! Fingers crossed!

my last thoughts on jh,,. IF its true he said something to jed about some meeting being only for grown men.. well . some can chuckle about it and say he was right. but come on. you do not do that to the guy who signs your check and think you can get away with it
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Sorry if this has already been posted, but entering year 2, and with the addition of McKinnon, find it that much more interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718815-nfl1000-ranking-the-best-offensive-schemes

Nice read. I like the flood concepts that Kyle implements, and of course the counter to that is the zone blitz. And the counter to that counter is the inside and outside zone runs! Chess anyone?
Originally posted by cciowa:
yep. you are right.. ok. i just want to see a screen game!

ive been wanting to see a screen game since we hired harbuagh, i think this is the year!
my last thoughts on jh,,. IF its true he said something to jed about some meeting being only for grown men.. well . some can chuckle about it and say he was right. but come on. you do not do that to the guy who signs your check and think you can get away with it

not only how he treated jed (which some of us think jed deserves it), but how he treated others in the building,

if you're the owner, and you have all this staff coming and complaining to you about harbaugh, what do you do? i dont blame jed for firing him
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Mar 22, 2018 at 10:42 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

not only how he treated jed (which some of us think jed deserves it), but how he treated others in the building,

if you're the owner, and you have all this staff coming and complaining to you about harbaugh, what do you do? i dont blame jed for firing him
of course this is the truth. i know , wrong thread but did he treat people like crap. i guess i never heard that. but if true ,. as you said. he got to go.. but then to not have a plan in place to hire someone better is stupid. i thought at the time we needed a vet coach like old shanny or gruden cuz we still had a team full of vets who could win now. instead we got what we got. i tried to have a open mind.. oh never mind
Dang it might not be until next season before Kyle can really open up his offense and have his players. I hope half a shanahan playbook is good enough to win a sb
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalniner:
Dang it might not be until next season before Kyle can really open up his offense and have his players. I hope half a shanahan playbook is good enough to win a sb

lets just focus on the division first. lol

Lol or even 8-8

Lol or even 8-8
or the draft
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Sorry if this has already been posted, but entering year 2, and with the addition of McKinnon, find it that much more interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718815-nfl1000-ranking-the-best-offensive-schemes

Nice read. I like the flood concepts that Kyle implements, and of course the counter to that is the zone blitz. And the counter to that counter is the inside and outside zone runs! Chess anyone?

I don't really recall Harbaugh calling a ton of screens. It strikes me that he didn't like those *finesse* plays much. Him of the Bo Shembeckler, smash mouth inflict pain, football - I get the feeling he didn't like those plays. I think he thought they weren't manly enough or didn't inflict enough pain. Quite a difference between him and Kyle, just in the kind of offensive linemen they like.

I don't really recall Harbaugh calling a ton of screens. It strikes me that he didn't like those *finesse* plays much. Him of the Bo Shembeckler, smash mouth inflict pain, football - I get the feeling he didn't like those plays. I think he thought they weren't manly enough or didn't inflict enough pain. Quite a difference between him and Kyle, just in the kind of offensive linemen they like.

Big plodding linemen moving down field to block. Quicker LB just knife through and tackle the guy with the ball. He didn't call it because it doesn't work with the his personnel.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Big plodding linemen moving down field to block. Quicker LB just knife through and tackle the guy with the ball. He didn't call it because it doesn't work with the his personnel.

Great wco he implemented

Jumbo anyone?

• Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree, and if he did like screens, he's have much more mobile linemen. Even his TE's were more like OLInemen than TE's. His WR's were more like OLinemen than Wr's. HIs QB's were more like RB's than QB's. So you have a thread going through his coaching philosophy that make him limited in the NFL. I'm thinking if he doesn't do well in Michigan this year, I would think it would be a long time before he'd be in the NFL again.

Agree, and if he did like screens, he's have much more mobile linemen. Even his TE's were more like OLInemen than TE's. His WR's were more like OLinemen than Wr's. HIs QB's were more like RB's than QB's. So you have a thread going through his coaching philosophy that make him limited in the NFL. I'm thinking if he doesn't do well in Michigan this year, I would think it would be a long time before he'd be in the NFL again.

He'd still get snatched up instantly for an NFL gig. But no way would he have the same success as he did here. He fell into a perfect opportunity with the personnel Baalke had been acquiring . If/when he returns it will be to a team in full rebuild, and his smash mouth game and antics won't last long.
Share 49ersWebzone