There are 230 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
+1....it just killed me to watch all this assembled talent , just sitting there waiting for a guy to make them into a team. Instead we got a HC who organized all that talent, (very positive), but once organized, he had no idea what to do with it. HIs Offensive mindset was set somewhere back in the Bo Schembechler days, more of a 3 yds and a cloud of dust....or torn up AstroTurf. But his game planning, his play calling was stuck back in that time, and he never utilized all the weapons we had. And our D? Could have been one of our best ever, and khaki pants just wasted it with his equally inept OC. Consequently, wth talent very capable of winning a couple SBs at least, we came in second in one and just placed in the other two. Yes harbaw did organize all that talent. But as far as what to do next, particularly on O, he was stumped...and we lost two SBs we definitely had the D to win. O wasn't bad either but not with a clueless OC and HC calling plays.

But this is Kyle time now, and we have already seen what he can do with literally nothing for talent. Once he got a little talent he put it to use. With his new FR QB, everyone is waiting to see what he does now. We did however, get a 5 game glimpse at yrs end...and the results were not just satisfying, they were stunning. If we can land more than half of the 8 slots remaining to be filled, we could be in the mix at yrs end. But that means a legit EDGE rusher, 3 interior OLs, a starting CB, and sadly, 3 LBs. If we can make a good sized dent in that 8-some, with bona fide talent, then look out. With inferior talent, jimmy G made amazing headway last 5 games. What would he do with an actual team around him? Yeah, we all can't wait to see that....but in the meantime, we better do all we can to protect him the best way possible. With truly great protection, what will he really be like? Something special , that's for sure. Just be sure to protect him to the max, GM and HC.

Doc, if we can get a Fred Dean/Haley/Aldon 2.0 in the draft - we'd be in the playoffs every year with Jimmy. Well be like Buffalo in the 90's - 4 straight super bowl appearances and with our 80% win percentage we should win 3 of them.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
Props to shanny for being more honest and direct about the Foster situation. He doesn't talk out of both ends like John Lynch does.

leads to me to think lynch wanted him and kyle did not so naturally lynch has to go to bat extra hard for him. lynch is probably thanking lynch for giving him a headache he did not need

It would make sense that John wanted Reuben more than Kyle did, after all John has more experience on the defensive side. But overall, I think it was *both* a HC/GM rookie mistake.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
leads to me to think lynch wanted him and kyle did not so naturally lynch has to go to bat extra hard for him. lynch is probably thanking lynch for giving him a headache he did not need
kyle thanking lynch. sorry. i broke the 4th wall thing
"The way to get people excited about 6-10 is to start 0-9."

Shanny

Keepin it 100.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Props to shanny for being more honest and direct about the Foster situation. He doesn't talk out of both ends like John Lynch does.

It would make sense that John wanted Reuben more than Kyle did, after all John has more experience on the defensive side. But overall, I think it was *both* a HC/GM rookie mistake.
kyle is probably kicking himself for going along with lynch on this. they did a nice job working together to find the cornerstone for our offense. as long as they address the line.. but looks like they messed up with the cornerstone of the defense
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
"The way to get people excited about 6-10 is to start 0-9."

Shanny

Keepin it 100.

I never understood people who pooh poohed a nice win streak to end the year and under value momentum going into the next year.. however if the team does not address the o line and to address the pass rush by making eli a leo. well.. i . i hope and trust this will not happen. a nice iowa cornerback and center. and a nice inside linebacker with the first three picks should do nicley

when does he talk about it? i skimmed through it didnt hear it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I read it here.

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/shanahan-concerned-about-fosters-future?amp&__twitter_impression=true
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I read it here.

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/shanahan-concerned-about-fosters-future?amp&__twitter_impression=true

I'm liking Shanahan's attitude. Dude is very serious. John Lynch is pretty optimistic (some may say too optimistic) but ultimately I think that's going to make the two of them work well together as a duo.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I'm liking Shanahan's attitude. Dude is very serious. John Lynch is pretty optimistic (some may say too optimistic) but ultimately I think that's going to make the two of them work well together as a duo.

agree. its nice to hear kyle be real when he said the guy put us in a tough spot. that is better than lynch and his rose colored glasses that everything will just work out. i think kyle means its put the team in a tough spot cuz they drafted a guy who was supposed to be the cornerstone for the defense. now since we can not rely on him, we have to adjust and spend money on a free agent or draft a rookie or both in an area that we never thought would be a need . kyle was more honest with this thing than lynch and i appreciate that very much

agree. its nice to hear kyle be real when he said the guy put us in a tough spot. that is better than lynch and his rose colored glasses that everything will just work out. i think kyle means its put the team in a tough spot cuz they drafted a guy who was supposed to be the cornerstone for the defense. now since we can not rely on him, we have to adjust and spend money on a free agent or draft a rookie or both in an area that we never thought would be a need . kyle was more honest with this thing than lynch and i appreciate that very much

Once again you are reading way too much into this relationship. To you Kyle is speaking his mind while Lynch is the devil. lol wut.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Once again you are reading way too much into this relationship. To you Kyle is speaking his mind while Lynch is the devil. lol wut.

i think kyle is realistic and lynch. esp with foster cuz foster is his baby.. is a bit to rosy posy at times
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I don't think your reading what he wrote clearly and making a stretch. Both Lynch and Shannahan practically said the same thing but Shannahan was more blunt about it. He said he respects how Shannahan is direct and how it is a pleasant change from the PR stance Lynch took.

Overall, they said the same thing. Lynch said they have to review their options. Shannahan said they have to review their options because Reuben put them in a tough spot. It's the same message that they have to review their options. Shannahan added the point that its because of Reuben and holds him accountable.

I am bummed this is an issue, but thrilled that we have competent people in place to make the decisions. I support the ShannaLynch or the LynchAhan however you want to phrase it!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

kyle is probably kicking himself for going along with lynch on this. they did a nice job working together to find the cornerstone for our offense. as long as they address the line.. but looks like they messed up with the cornerstone of the defense

Well, not so fast. Yes I agree it looks that way, but until the Fat Lady sings, I'm hopeful that it won't be too long before Reuben is playing again. I'm hoping a year suspension and he's back on the club (barring another arrest for something stupid).
Share 49ersWebzone