49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lol

Private tutor?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
I definitely agree with Kyle representing a return to our roots, Harbaugh era was cool but they weren't built with the same formula that historically made the niners successful. The current regime of Lynch and Shanahan are both Part of the Walsh tree that doesn't hurt either. Having the WCO back with the 49ers and a franchise quarterback to run it,along with an offensive mastermind to orchestrate it, makes me so grateful especially after everything that's happened since 2002.

Exactly!

+1....it just killed me to watch all this assembled talent , just sitting there waiting for a guy to make them into a team. Instead we got a HC who organized all that talent, (very positive), but once organized, he had no idea what to do with it. HIs Offensive mindset was set somewhere back in the Bo Schembechler days, more of a 3 yds and a cloud of dust....or torn up AstroTurf. But his game planning, his play calling was stuck back in that time, and he never utilized all the weapons we had. And our D? Could have been one of our best ever, and khaki pants just wasted it with his equally inept OC. Consequently, wth talent very capable of winning a couple SBs at least, we came in second in one and just placed in the other two. Yes harbaw did organize all that talent. But as far as what to do next, particularly on O, he was stumped...and we lost two SBs we definitely had the D to win. O wasn't bad either but not with a clueless OC and HC calling plays.

But this is Kyle time now, and we have already seen what he can do with literally nothing for talent. Once he got a little talent he put it to use. With his new FR QB, everyone is waiting to see what he does now. We did however, get a 5 game glimpse at yrs end...and the results were not just satisfying, they were stunning. If we can land more than half of the 8 slots remaining to be filled, we could be in the mix at yrs end. But that means a legit EDGE rusher, 3 interior OLs, a starting CB, and sadly, 3 LBs. If we can make a good sized dent in that 8-some, with bona fide talent, then look out. With inferior talent, jimmy G made amazing headway last 5 games. What would he do with an actual team around him? Yeah, we all can't wait to see that....but in the meantime, we better do all we can to protect him the best way possible. With truly great protection, what will he really be like? Something special , that's for sure. Just be sure to protect him to the max, GM and HC.

Lol

so who's gonna cast next to mike tirico?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Lol

Private tutor?

The Raiders are in the AFC so maybe it won't hurt to give Gruden some advice, reportedly Bellicheat gave some to Kyle at last year's combine.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
I definitely agree with Kyle representing a return to our roots, Harbaugh era was cool but they weren't built with the same formula that historically made the niners successful. The current regime of Lynch and Shanahan are both Part of the Walsh tree that doesn't hurt either. Having the WCO back with the 49ers and a franchise quarterback to run it,along with an offensive mastermind to orchestrate it, makes me so grateful especially after everything that's happened since 2002.

Exactly!

+2. Completely agree.
Gruden wants in on the Foster trade
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Herbstreit is replacing Chucky. Gonna be a whole lot of homering going on everytime a Buckeye gets selected.
Originally posted by evil:

Herbstreit is replacing Chucky. Gonna be a whole lot of homering going on everytime a Buckeye gets selected.

He probably thinks Ezekiel Elliot is greatest RB ever.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

He probably thinks Ezekiel Elliot is greatest RB to play in the NFL since Eddie George.

FTFY

So Herbstreit is replacing Gruden on MNF? I didn't hear about that.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fincham11:

no replacing Chucky for draft coverage.
Originally posted by Fincham11:

So he's gonna love it when we take Denzel Ward
Here's Shanny's presser from the combine

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Props to shanny for being more honest and direct about the Foster situation. He doesn't talk out of both ends like John Lynch does.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Props to shanny for being more honest and direct about the Foster situation. He doesn't talk out of both ends like John Lynch does.

leads to me to think lynch wanted him and kyle did not so naturally lynch has to go to bat extra hard for him. lynch is probably thanking lynch for giving him a headache he did not need
Share 49ersWebzone