There are 278 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I thought I saw Shanny head down beaming when Jimmy started talking about getting to work with the team in the coming year

Shanarappolo gonna wreck the NFL
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Schefter just reported Shanahan considered staying w falcons

Unlike Josh McDuck, Kyle is a man of his word. He said no to Arthur Blank.
Just wanted to mention something about Shanny that perhaps goes a bit unnoticed. When you have a GM and a persona like Lynch, who is a natural emcee and everyones hail fellow well met, it can be easy to not notice how eloquent and intelligent Kyle really is. I find myself learning something every time he talks football. And I also walk away feeling like he is in charge, and will always have the players respect. When you think back to the Baalke / Harbaugh pairing it is almost laughable from the public image viewpoint. Harbs could coach, but his pressers were hard to watch sometimes, and he ALWAYS looked like he would rather be getting a root canal than talking with the media. To see what these two guys have been able to do in just a year is more than any of us could have imagined. At least from my perspective.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Just wanted to mention something about Shanny that perhaps goes a bit unnoticed. When you have a GM and a persona like Lynch, who is a natural emcee and everyones hail fellow well met, it can be easy to not notice how eloquent and intelligent Kyle really is. I find myself learning something every time he talks football. And I also walk away feeling like he is in charge, and will always have the players respect. When you think back to the Baalke / Harbaugh pairing it is almost laughable from the public image viewpoint. Harbs could coach, but his pressers were hard to watch sometimes, and he ALWAYS looked like he would rather be getting a root canal than talking with the media. To see what these two guys have been able to do in just a year is more than any of us could have imagined. At least from my perspective.

Well said.

I see the same in Kyle. He said he wants to be able to answer any and every question a player would have of him regarding football. Jed said he wanted a teacher as a HC, he finally got one in Kyle.

If you see how intelligent Kyle is regarding football than you almost know what type of players he wants. Instinct and intelligence. I don't see him like other rah rah coaches that seemed to manufacture emotions for locker unity . He seemed to be all about the work, the process and the method. Let that naturally be the glue for his players. If any player deviate and BS from that, he'll be off the team.

I think his players recognized his intensity and want to follow it.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 10, 2018 at 1:37 PM ]

He's an X's and O's Junkie and that's what I've always loved about him and why I've wanted him in our building in some capacity for at least 3-4 years. I just feel like we have a schematic advantage offensively with him. When the personnel finally meets the level of the offensive acumen, wins follow.
  • Antix
  • Veteran

Kyle is one of my favorite coaches to hear talk that I can remember. I can see why everybody says he's so smart. He breaks the game down so well and everything makes so much sense when he says it.

He downplays his own ability to communicate when he's around Lynch but he's definitely really cool to listen to.

Love when he talked about how easy it is to get embarrassed in this league if you start feeling yourself too much. Thats gonna be really important with all they crazy hype we're about to get.
Originally posted by Antix:

Kyle is one of my favorite coaches to hear talk that I can remember. I can see why everybody says he's so smart. He breaks the game down so well and everything makes so much sense when he says it.

He downplays his own ability to communicate when he's around Lynch but he's definitely really cool to listen to.

Love when he talked about how easy it is to get embarrassed in this league if you start feeling yourself too much. Thats gonna be really important with all they crazy hype we're about to get.
Ahh, yes. But according to one of the leaders of the Doom Squad, the ability to talk articulately and intelligently about the game doesn't mean anything because, after all, the team was in the middle of a nine game losing streak, so what difference did it make that we had a coach who understood the game and had a vision for where he was trying to take the team. Some people.

Agreed. When Shanalynch got hired I thought relevance would've taken much longer.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Agreed. When Shanalynch got hired I thought relevance would've taken much longer.

I couldn't be happier in regard to the progress and at this point maybe am a little concerned that things are coming together a bit to quickly. I have full faith in Shanalynch though so...
[ Edited by WINiner on Feb 10, 2018 at 10:21 PM ]

Originally posted by WINiner:

I couldn't be happier in regard to the progress and at this point maybe am a little concerned that things are coming together a bit to quickly. I have full faith in Shanalynch though so...

A good draft and free agency and we can have a really good season.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 11, 2018 at 8:18 AM ]

It feels weird to see good things happening quickly and seemingly competently because we haven't had that in years. Even the last time things were good we had a border line psycho head coach and a weird ass GM. So the fan base keeps waiting for the next All ACL draft or the next press conference where our coach looks like his eyes are bugging out. Or to have one fart and scratch on TV.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

A good draft and free agency and we can have a really good season.
We're making the playoffs and making noise in it if we do that, I'm not talking about get in and lose right away in a close game either. I honestly feel if we can address some of our issues we can compete with philly, NO, Vikings, LA and any other top nfc team

It's definitely one of my favorite things. In so many ways, Kyle represents a return to our roots. While I would've loved to win Super Bowls with Harbaugh at the helm, the team we are creating now feels and is more like the 49ers teams that became great.
lol Some PTSD going on here. Wait—why are we seemingly getting better so quickly, so fast. Some thing must be going wrong— I f**king know it!

HC and GM that know what they want and competent enough to get the right pieces with some luck, can very quickly turn around a team. This is very similar to the KC turn around by Andy Reid. They had more talent then the current Niners, but the need for good qb is very much the same. Alex Smith was a very good part of their quick turn around, and so is Jimmy for the Niners.

Trust the Shanalynch process
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 11, 2018 at 9:00 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone