There are 274 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
?

By other facets, they mean Draft, Free Agency, and the 90 man TC roster. Shanahan gets the final say on the final cut and gamed rosters. No biggy.

to me, it is a biggy. I don't want a coach, a rookie HC in particular, having the trigger. if it comes down to job security, he will take immediate help over higher ceiling.

I don't get the problem. He coaches these guys every day and can talk with position coaches to get input. It simply means if he feels he needs to keep an extra WR over an extra TE, he gets to do so.

I prefer it over Baalke doing whatever the hell he wanted
Originally posted by NM16:
to me, it is a biggy. I don't want a coach, a rookie HC in particular, having the trigger. if it comes down to job security, he will take immediate help over higher ceiling.

I think coach should always have 53 man control since hes with the players all the time, not the GM
Immediate help, higher ceiling. do you know what i mean?
For the first time in my life, I'm older then the niners HC. I've got him by 5 months.
Good Luck and Good Fortune Coach Shanahan
Originally posted by NM16:

I think coach should always have 53 man control since hes with the players all the time, not the GM
Immediate help, higher ceiling. do you know what i mean?

He could also vote to keep a guy with a higher ceiling so he can develop him and not lose him
The other 5 teams that filled their vacancies this year will regret not waiting for Shanny
Originally posted by saniner:
I don't get the problem. He coaches these guys every day and can talk with position coaches to get input. It simply means if he feels he needs to keep an extra WR over an extra TE, he gets to do so.

I prefer it over Baalke doing whatever the hell he wanted

you don't know the difference between being an immediate help and having a higher ceiling? former one is better NOW and is useful. latter one could be superior in the long run due to higher ceiling.
I welcome Kyle Shanahan to the Niner Empire.
Here we go Niners here we go

Originally posted by saniner:
He could also vote to keep a guy with a higher ceiling so he can develop him and not lose him
a coach that is afraid of losing his job won't do that. ok, let's say, the probability for doing that is lower than under normal circumstances.
Would you guys sign Josh Gordon?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldenNugget:
Would you guys sign Josh Gordon?

no
Bring on the press conference
I don't wanna see all the bandwagoners showing up to Levi's now
Share 49ersWebzone