There are 178 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Jiks
Originally posted by NCommand:
Duh...ownership shuns him for a crappy RGIII over publicity and personal friendships and despite the Shanahans going to bat for him, fire them, then don't pony up when he does bring credibility and stability to the most important positon in football and then when he asks to leave, holds him hostage and fires the GM who went to bat for him.

Yeah, even after $40M, this isn't about money.

This is a personal EFF YOU to ownership!

Tick tock...

Yeah, another good season he's going to be making money anyways.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I just think Kirk doesn't want to be in DC at the end of the day

Duh...ownership shuns him for a crappy RGIII over publicity and personal friendships and despite the Shanahans going to bat for him, fire them, then don't pony up when he does bring credibility and stability to the most important positon in football and then when he asks to leave, holds him hostage and fires the GM who went to bat for him.

Yeah, even after $40M, this isn't about money.

This is a personal EFF YOU to ownership!

Tick tock...

He is a malcontent?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Cousins is already sold on Shanny if he's available we could 0-16 it's not going to matter. Who knows with Jimmy you got McD complicating that one. But there are free agents who want to win and being 7-9 puts you on their radar, hey come play with our rookie and watch him develop for 3 years will not. If we're in the toilet I won't be against taking the qb but I'm not one to think Shanny needs a top 5 qb. If he can spot out Carr I'd trust him with any pick in the 1st, 2nd. There's no reason to root for us to tank the year so a magical qb will fix us.

I have posted similarly, NY, and a lot goes back to the obvious, danny snyder not believing Kirk was for real after yr 1, then after yr 2, and now once again with a probable tag in yr 3. Heck, i wouldn't want to play for that guy either. Not much else he could have done to Kirk to let him know, danny didn't think Kirk was for real. Just a wealthy guy who thinks he is Vince Lombardi. He isn't.

If Kirk makes it clear that he isn't signing a long term deal with the Redskins, they won't tag him again. We're talking 28 or 33 mil in guaranteed money for another one year rental. Tagging him for a trade wouldn't work either because they still lose leverage if Kirk won't sign a long-term deal with a potential trade partner. They already look foolish because if they had just paid him what he wanted from the beginning they'd be paying about 3 or 4 mil less this season.

I think if no deal is reached then the skins will save that extra money and both sides will go their separate ways.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jun 27, 2017 at 3:16 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
He is a malcontent?

Wouldn't you be?

That said, he holds ALL the cards. At the end of the day, it may just not matter what they offer him now. He wants out...he made his money and is set for life...now it's aabout respect and playing where he's wanted.

He wants to play for a guy who believed in him all along and raised him and maybe even got fired over going to bat for him some.

We'll see...
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Kirk Cousins is getting the contract he wants from somebody. Probably even multiple teams. So the question isn't about money. It's about who he wants to play for over the next 5-6 years.

This is why you always work to keep an open and honest relationship in business transactions. Even if agreements aren't reached -- people have been dealt with fairly. You can't come back from the opposite.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Cousins is already sold on Shanny if he's available we could 0-16 it's not going to matter. Who knows with Jimmy you got McD complicating that one. But there are free agents who want to win and being 7-9 puts you on their radar, hey come play with our rookie and watch him develop for 3 years will not. If we're in the toilet I won't be against taking the qb but I'm not one to think Shanny needs a top 5 qb. If he can spot out Carr I'd trust him with any pick in the 1st, 2nd. There's no reason to root for us to tank the year so a magical qb will fix us.

C'mon Cousins stay the course....you will be much happier in SF!!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yup yup...panties will be dropping in SF soon.

Yes sir!

Only Julie's panties will ve dropping for Kirk. Theirs is a sacred bond of trust and fidelity!

As long as it's not Mike Singletary's.

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
As long as it's not Mike Singletary's.

This string had me
I hope Kyle has figured out how his offense was literally shut down for a quarter and a half by the Patriots. Although, Kyle is very tactical, his offense hasn't exactly been magical before last season. I've always been skeptical about offenses that heavily rely upon playaction (Kyle's and other very old school offenses) as opposed to those that rely heavily upon matchups (Walsh and Belacheat). Coaches who know how to set up and expose matchups are the ones whose offenses can excel in any game. Coaches who heavily rely on deception and PA eventually get figured out and the opponent stops getting fooled, which was what happened in the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I hope Kyle has figured out how his offense was literally shut down for a quarter and a half by the Patriots. Although, Kyle is very tactical, his offense hasn't exactly been magical before last season. I've always been skeptical about offenses that heavily rely upon playaction (Kyle's and other very old school offenses) as opposed to those that rely heavily upon matchups (Walsh and Belacheat). Coaches who know how to set up and expose matchups are the ones whose offenses can excel in any game. Coaches who heavily rely on deception and PA eventually get figured out and the opponent stops getting fooled, which was what happened in the Super Bowl.

That's a tad bit misguided. It wasn't the X's and O's that lost that game...it was a critical injury to Freeman which Bellicheat exposed. Once their 3rd down back had to play every down and pass protect, they were screwed. They keyed in on him. He got virtually no yards rushing putting them in long yardage and blitzed at him forcing the fumble. And then penalties piled on big time putting themselves in predictable situations.

When Kyle said he rewatched the tape to review his own play calling, he wouldn't change anything...I believe him.

Key injury at a critical time, inexperienced player, penalties, turnovers, etc.

Kudos to Bellicheat for immediately seeing a weakness and attacking it.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Joecool:

Atlanta shut down NE's offense for 3 quarters. Only letting NE score 3 points in the first half was huge. NE and Kyles offenses are similar and both use play action to set up other plays. Of course NFL coaches know how to use match-ups. It's about having the players to do it and executing the plays to make them work. NE just made more critical plays at the end to pull off the miracle.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Atlanta shut down NE's offense for 3 quarters. Only letting NE score 3 points in the first half was huge. NE and Kyles offenses are similar and both use play action to set up other plays. Of course NFL coaches know how to use match-ups. It's about having the players to do it and executing the plays to make them work. NE just made more critical plays at the end to pull off the miracle.

Exactly... fully agree. It took a perfect storm for that miracle to happen. All Bellicheat needed was one weakness... and it was over.
Share 49ersWebzone