LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

QB Candidates Thread: The Search for the QBoTF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Yeah I don't think we will be more than a 5 win team should be good for a top 5 pick...I like all the top 3 qbs and if need be move up. IF we get get Kirk then sweet baby's Jesus move down for a top of picks or go BPA.

Let's turn this b***h around!

Stay put for Derwin James!!

Total stud

I'll take Courtland Sutton
Originally posted by KayFabe:
So if WAS decides not to tag Kurt again he is free and clear? otherwise they would want a first and a second again in a trade? Free and clear i guess we should give it a shot. If we have to trade, hell no.

They'll most likely transition tag him which means he's free and clear but Wsh has the right to match the offer.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Hopefully the OL class is better next year. Staley isn't getting any younger. QB/LT/WR in the 1st.
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

Yeah also like AJ, Watkins, Pryor in FA (if they get there).
Originally posted by KayFabe:
So if WAS decides not to tag Kurt again he is free and clear? otherwise they would want a first and a second again in a trade? Free and clear i guess we should give it a shot. If we have to trade, hell no.

The only way a trade happens is if it's during the season (before the trade deadline)...end of the yr he's a FA. They could transition tag him and match offers BUT if they currently won't give him a big contract I see no reason as to why they'd match an even bigger offer that teams might throw out there. The most unlikely thing they could do is tag him for a third yr which isn't gonna happen....it would totally kill their team and they'd lose out on resigning all their other FAs and still lose him in a yr lol.

I see no way AJ makes it. The other two, very possible. I love Pryor but idk, might like Sutton more. We'll see after this season
Originally posted by genus49:

I like James but don't know that would be the best move for the team. Too early to tell though.

One of the QBs or Kirk would be likely a better option.

Totally agree, I'm under the assumption that Cousins is the QB next year lol.

I see no way AJ makes it. The other two, very possible. I love Pryor but idk, might like Sutton more. We'll see after this season

I mean AJ is on a one yr deal maybe they tag him but who knows same could be said with all these FAs.

I like Sutton but if we're drafting top 10 I'm not gonna after him unless he totally kills it next yr.

Yup we will see
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Te conversation started when I said that even if the 49ers pick up Cousins they should be looking at a FQBotF to replace him at some point because he was likely nearing a decline.

What was I proven wrong about? Someone posted a sample size of 10 QBs, from a single year, using one arbitrary stat to disprove 40 years of data, covering over 75 QBs using multiple statistical measures.

That isn't how it all started...it's started when you said if CJ isn't the "best" qb in this draft then Kyle's evaluation of qbs should be in question. then people said Kirk looks to be a serious option which you then said I hope we still draft a qb because he will be in his decline at 29.

now if we got Rogers some how would you still want to draft a qb early next yr? I mean since qbs decline at 30....

That is a separate conversation. This discussion had nothing to do with that one.
I never said anything about Cousins being in decline at age 29, that is a flat out lie. Stop exaggerating and lying to make your point. I said that he would be declining soon and I meant, within a few years of getting him if they get him next year and I believe that is the likely scenario.
If the 49ers got Rogers I would hope they were looking for an heir apparent.
According to King, Shanahan got the only QB in th edraft that he was interested in. My point was, if one of the other QBs that we passed on ends up being a stud, Shanahan's ability to spot QB talent in the draft will be questioned. What is the problem with that?

You pulled this same crap in the parking lot. You say something then when called on it you accuse people of lying.

You even posted your "science" telling us QB's begin to decline at age 29.

Just admit you're trying to push unrealistic expectations on Shanahan because you're mad about Kap. I'll hold my breath.

Why do you want to make this about me? No thanks. It is creepy.
I never said Cousins was going to decline at age 29.
I posted a statistical study.
I expect Shanahan to deluver a FQB, thst is not an unrealistic expectation.

It's way off base to call people liars when you clearly said we should look to draft a FQB even if we get Cousins (because Cousins would be declining).

When you call people liars for no good reason your history of doing so is relevant.

It's quite odd really, all we have to do is read your posts a few pages back.

Calling me "creepy" in order to deflect from your behavior is rather juvenile.
[ Edited by LeProfessionnel on May 3, 2017 at 11:21 AM ]
Yeah I don't think we will be more than a 5 win team should be good for a top 5 pick...I like all the top 3 qbs and if need be move up. IF we get get Kirk then sweet baby's Jesus move down for a top of picks or go BPA.

Let's turn this b***h around!

Total stud

Me too. Sutton has the size and catch radius we need outside.

Originally posted by OldJoe:
Most of the league sees Kap as toxic and not a football player first. These are some pretty damning characteristics. But everyone is happy with their QB 4 months before the season and 7 or 8 teams with not be that way come Week #3. That is when those will risk toxic characteristics, not before.

Someone here predicted Gabbert will get a job before Kap. Mr. Toxic versus the boy next door. Easy prediction.

I will make the tougher one. I predict Kap will play more downs than Gabbert in 2017 (presuming either sees the field).

I think you are right on both predictions. I wasn't saying it to be seen as smart. I was just trying to bring some matter-of-fact reasoning to the LOLs about Gabbert being looked at by Arizona.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I guess now that we have CJ Beathard we can lock up this thread
  • thl408
Originally posted by Andra:
I guess now that we have CJ Beathard we can lock up this thread

This.

Use the individual QB threads whether it be a current 49er QB or a prospect (Draft War Room).
Share 49ersWebzone