LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

QB Candidates Thread: The Search for the QBoTF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Make a strong push for Jimmy G, and draft a guy that can develop into something later.

Wonder if the rumors are true that Cleveland and Chicago are now pushing for him? This will without a doubt push his price up which is what I've said from Day 1.
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Make a strong push for Jimmy G, and draft a guy that can develop into something later.

Wonder if the rumors are true that Cleveland and Chicago are now pushing for him? This will without a doubt push his price up which is what I've said from Day 1.

I only wanted him if McDaniels was our coach and he wanted him.

Strong push means you'd give up a lot in draft capital that could be used for the rest of the team. How high would you go in this bidding war?
At this point I am perfectly happy with trusting what ever Shanahan and Lynch decide is best. If they take kaaya mid 1st i'm on board. I personally wouldn't but screw it, i'm on board.

I am starting to come around to the idea of a stop gap QB year 1, maybe year 2 as well. Someone like Hoyer as a FA and then draft a late round future back up this year, and look for a qbotf next year.
Mitch Trubisky come on down!
Originally posted by WINiner:
At this point I am perfectly happy with trusting what ever Shanahan and Lynch decide is best. If they take kaaya mid 1st i'm on board. I personally wouldn't but screw it, i'm on board.

I am starting to come around to the idea of a stop gap QB year 1, maybe year 2 as well. Someone like Hoyer as a FA and then draft a late round future back up this year, and look for a qbotf next year.

This
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Time to develop. Two six year contracts. Bring Cutler...veteran QB for a stopgap, wait for the right pick.
Kaep will be the QB next season.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Time to develop. Two six year contracts. Bring Cutler...veteran QB for a stopgap, wait for the right pick.

Cutler's got a s**tty attitude. I'd rather they steer clear.
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Strong push means you'd give up a lot in draft capital that could be used for the rest of the team. How high would you go in this bidding war?

I don't do the GM thing trying to determine who's too expensive. If he's Lynch and Shanny'a guy, they have to figure out a way to get the best deal possible.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:

I only wanted him if McDaniels was our coach and he wanted him.

This doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't Shanny be able to get something out of him if he's the guy we think he is?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Kaep will be the QB next season.

Originally posted by Draftology:
Mitch Trubisky come on down!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

What exactly is wrong with Trubisky, particularly if Shanahan is on board with it? He's got all the tools you're looking for in a WCO QB. Yes he's raw but he's demonstrated the throwing accuracy, decision making, mobility....etc. Its not like we're talking about Colt Brennan here.

If the 49ers happened to draft him, I'd assume that Shanahan feels he can be an outstanding NFL quarterback. Good enough for me.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 4, 2017 at 7:12 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
I hope we trade for Aj McCarron. That is my vote.

It makes it so we dont lose anything if he sucks. if we trade a 4th and some conditional pick for next year.
Then we can either take BPA with our second pick, or trade back and pick up a bunch of picks.

and if we trade back, we most likely get that other teams first round pick for next year. So it would give us a chance to pick up a QB in the draft next year.

I'm with this guy!!!
Rather then sell the farm for Garopolo I would trade a 2nd or 3rd for McCarron who I think would be as good or close to as good as Jimmy G. in shannys system. And would still leave us most of our draft picks to restock the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone