LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

QB Candidates Thread: The Search for the QBoTF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by maya0724:
Hopefully we would get a pocket passer. I'm so done with running qbs. We need to cater our offense to pocket passers. Hopefully we get Garapollo or Cousins.

Definitely. Not just pocket passers, but look for 3 specific traits. Timing, anticipation, accuracy. If a QB doesn't exhibit all 3 of those things at least to some degree, I don't want them.

I'm not worried about that with Kyle now that he gets a huge say.
Definitely. Not just pocket passers, but look for 3 specific traits. Timing, anticipation, accuracy. If a QB doesn't exhibit all 3 of those things at least to some degree, I don't want them.

My traits are pocket awareness, ability to process fast, and a quick release, along with accuracy.
  • dj43
I'm hoping to pull of a FA signing, trade, and draft a QB.

1) Sign Hoyer/Taylor/Cutler
2) Trade a 5th for Trevor Siemian
3) Draft Trubisky/Watson/Kizer

Something like that would be pretty awesome imo.

I am not a big Taylor fan but he had a pretty good year. Hoyer looks like the most realistic if Chicago keeps Cutler. However, if Cutler leaves then Hoyer will likely stay. I would leave it to Shanahan, but I would not jump off a cliff if he decided to give Cutler a ride.

Siemian for a 5th might be about right but he really fell apart in several games last season.

Your draft picks depend entirely on what the Browns do. Can't leave Garrett on the table if Browns don't take him.
Originally posted by NinersPlusOne:
Regardless of when we draft a qb, I would like for us to sign Tyrod Taylor as a bridge.. he may or may not be the long time solution but he could run the offense efficiently while we find/develop our long term solution...

Meh. If Kelly were still the coach that would be one thing but I dont see him as a fit at all for the WCO. His weakness is short to intermediate passing, his strength is passing it deep. He is another guy you have to extensively redesign the offense around.
I hope we trade for Aj McCarron. That is my vote.

It makes it so we dont lose anything if he sucks. if we trade a 4th and some conditional pick for next year.
Then we can either take BPA with our second pick, or trade back and pick up a bunch of picks.

and if we trade back, we most likely get that other teams first round pick for next year. So it would give us a chance to pick up a QB in the draft next year.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 4, 2017 at 4:14 PM ]
Jimmy G, Trubisky, Cousins, Watson, Peterman, Mahomes...in order who I want. I'd be OK with Cutler as long as they brought in Peterman or Mahomes to groom behind him
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Blaine Gabbert is perfect for shanny's offense.

I think so too. He needs another look.

Give him a max deal
If we miss on Trubiski it will be years of setback again. He's a nice guy like Alex Smith but with Aaron Rodgers skills (probably with higher ceiling). Yeah I understand the small sample size/lack of experience issues but you can't deny the potential! Plus, draft picks are not being paid like it used to be like Sam Bradford coming out of college. Mitch is 100x better than Bradford - believe it!
I'm down with two scenarios. Either

Option A
1. Take Myles Garrett
2. Patrick Mahommes. It may be necessary to move back into the first to do this.

Option B
1. Draft Mitch Trubisky
2. Takarist McKinley
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Bring in Cutler and Jeffrey who have great chemistry.

Get a catch passing back like Woodhead or McAffrey.

We set.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Give him a max deal

He had his shot, and proved he is just Way too inaccurate. Ponder got no shot after looking sharp in preseason, so a workout with Shanahan and Lynch might be worth a couple of hours.

This
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Give him a max deal

He had his shot, and proved he is just Way too inaccurate. Ponder got no shot after looking sharp in preseason, so a workout with Shanahan and Lynch might be worth a couple of hours.

You can't seriously believe Ponder is worth anything?
Originally posted by Kuya:
Bring in Cutler and Jeffrey who have great chemistry.

Get a catch passing back like Woodhead or McAffrey.

We set.

We not going back to a one read qb in Cutler. Let's actually let our new head coach play his offense, or just fire him now, because he'll quit if you do this.
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Give him a max deal

You can't seriously believe Ponder is worth anything?

I don't know. I said a two hour tryout with those that can judge. Too high a price for you?
Share 49ersWebzone