LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

QB Candidates Thread: The Search for the QBoTF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fan49:
30 million maybe
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Totally agree why in the hell would Kyle want to dummy down the play book for a QB when he's in charge? He was forced to deal with RG3 and they made it work for alike a yr.

This is his team and one of the biggest things Kyle has said he wants in a QB is a pure thrower

The way I see it, the Redskins are currently the biggest dumpster fire in football with their front office issues. There is a better than average chance that they completely flub the Cousins deal. With a good possibility of him being an FA, unless they REALLY like someone early in the draft, why would they wed themselves long term to any QB this year?

Thank you Phoenix. Don't know how likely, but i still think we end up with 2 rooks at QB, Peterman and can't guess the other. A bridge QB just seems like a wasted slot and salary. Then if WASH completely hoses themselves anymore, Kirk ends up in SF and we have not just Kirk but also two rook QBs. Alternatively, we could end up with just two rooks at QB if Kirk has to stay in WASH. But to your point, why in the world would he even remotely consider that. That team is already exposed..as the proverbial dumpster fire. Why would he want any of that....even for 1 more yr? Granted, they got him...for the moment. But i don't think this is over by a long shot. Patience. Always seems to make things better.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Wat

They took the wait on a qb route last time and got Manziel. If they like Mitch they'll take him because Mahomes at 17 probably isn't sitting well with them.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 2, 2017 at 2:18 PM ]
roman was never a good coach. His offense was horrible here.

Year after year one of the best running offenses + one of the most productive passing offenses per attempt.

And they held the ball and wore out the defense.
Roman's Offense > Chip's Offense
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Mary Kay cabot reporting the Browns strongly considering mitch at #1

The Browns and 49ers are strongly considering everyone. This is how the game is played.

Yeah I know, but gets me excited about the possibility of garret
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
roman was never a good coach. His offense was horrible here.

Year after year one of the best running offenses + one of the most productive passing offenses per attempt.

And they held the ball and wore out the defense.
Roman's Offense > Chip's Offense

being better than chip says absolutely nothing. especially holding the ball longer than chip... its a given
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 2, 2017 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Thank you Phoenix. Don't know how likely, but i still think we end up with 2 rooks at QB,

I dont see that happening. People bring up the Washington scenario but they took Cousins because RG3 was forced on them. I think its a given that you will have two veteran QBs this year. I think Schaub joins the roster no matter what and most likely it won't be as a starter.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The 49ers have replaced the staff three times in the past 27 months. Nothing is set in stone.
Jed York, 14 months ago:
Chip's going to be here a long time, period.

There is no stability yet.

un·sta·ble
ˌənˈstābəl
adjective
prone to change, fail, or give way; not stable.

Dude swing it whatever way you want...the stuff your complaining about isn't on the team currently.

Focus on the past but I'm not...currently we have a GM and HC that have signed contracts with clauses that more than likely keep them here longer than not... Jed had to do this because of past mistakes.

That's the beginning on stability and players and agent know that the main people in charge aren't leaving in a yr or two.
Jed is not the issue.

Maybe Woo doesn't have confidence in Shan/Lynch ?

I have no idea about Lynch and Jed has certainly been the issue. I am hoping Jed has learned from his mistakes.
What mistakes are these.

It's already on record that Baalke was the big issue with everything
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 2, 2017 at 2:26 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Mary Kay cabot reporting the Browns strongly considering mitch at #1

The Browns and 49ers are strongly considering everyone. This is how the game is played.

Yeah I know, but gets me excited about the possibility of garret

garrett is the best leo available
Why am i seeing theres an interest for tyrod taylor, hes a step down from kap
The 49ers have replaced the staff three times in the past 27 months. Nothing is set in stone.
Jed York, 14 months ago:
Chip's going to be here a long time, period.

There is no stability yet.

un·sta·ble
ˌənˈstābəl
adjective
prone to change, fail, or give way; not stable.

Dude swing it whatever way you want...the stuff your complaining about isn't on the team currently.

Focus on the past but I'm not...currently we have a GM and HC that have signed contracts with clauses that more than likely keep them here longer than not... Jed had to do this because of past mistakes.

That's the beginning on stability and players and agent know that the main people in charge aren't leaving in a yr or two.
Jed is not the issue.

Maybe Woo doesn't have confidence in Shan/Lynch ?

I have no idea about Lynch and Jed has certainly been the issue. I am hoping Jed has learned from his mistakes.
What mistakes are these.

It's ready on record that Baalke was the big issue with everything

Baalke is jed's mistake
Harbaugh's departure was Jed's mistake
Tomsula was Jed's mistake
Chip was Jed's mistake

Shanahan and Lynch could be Jed and Paraag's redemption and I am hopeful they will be.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Mar 2, 2017 at 2:24 PM ]

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Usually with a talented team that was underperforming. It is fun to brainstorm it, but saying you are going to be really disappointed if we are picking in the top ten, is delusional . That is the part of the conversation that got cut off here.

I'm just grateful I don't have to see some dumb college offense forced on this NFL roster.

Even if you end up with any disappointment at any part of the season when you feel we'll be picking in the top ten. how long are you disappointed I guess is what would be the logical question. Disappointed to where you're still salty after one or two years and continue to stay that way until we have a say .500/winning record? This is supposed to be positive release/talk/entertainment/discussion(EVEN IF YOU DONT AGREE). Not adults still acting like their parents effed them over cause their gifts they received weren't all hits lol.

In the words of Mr. Jones from Friday...

Yup that was my original point. I will be hoping for the best, prepared for the worst and understand it can't all get fixed by the new management team in one season. I want us to have a Cinderella season go from worst to first lol , but to say it isn't likely is an understatement.
Thank you Phoenix. Don't know how likely, but i still think we end up with 2 rooks at QB,

I dont see that happening. People bring up the Washington scenario but they took Cousins because RG3 was forced on them. I think its a given that you will have two veteran QBs this year. I think Schaub joins the roster no matter what and most likely it won't be as a starter.

Well I'm down on record. There will be plenty of folks to remind me if wrong. Here's the thing. The logical choice is a bridge Qb. I don't think kyle thinks that way. He's more out of the box. In case of injury, however, are you thinking of Schaub as a backup in case of injury? I just don't think kyle starts a bridge Qb. I think he starts a guy he plans on being here Long term....unless the current crop of QBs is so bad that none are coachable...which with kyle, i seriously doubt.
Baalke is jed's mistake
Harbaugh's departure was Jed's mistake
Tomsula was Jed's mistake
Chip was Jed's mistake

Shanahan and Lynch could be Jed and Paraag's redemption and I am hopeful they will be.
So by that logic Jed also got us winning again and a SB appearance ?

So he can do that again then, right....?

Well I'm down on record. There will be plenty of folks to remind me if wrong. Here's the thing. The logical choice is a bridge Qb. I don't think kyle thinks that way. He's more out of the box. In case of injury, however, are you thinking of Schaub as a backup in case of injury? I just don't think kyle starts a bridge Qb. I think he starts a guy he plans on being here Long term....unless the current crop of QBs is so bad that none are coachable...which with kyle, i seriously doubt.

I would rather two rookies than another hashed over, used uo QB with some "potential" to be coached up by Shanahan. That is just a waste unless he feels that the vet is our long term guy. A bridge QB wastes time coaching the rookies. If we don't go Cousins or Jimmy G. I expect Shanahan to start a rookie. So I am thinking like you.

I think he'll want plenty of experience the first year to install the offense properly. Having two clueless rookie QBs running around doesnt expedite that process at all.

You have your bridge QB who is focused on the game action, meanwhile youve got another veteran who knows the offense on the sidelines, in practice and during film sessions. After a year you shed one of those guys, maybe both if you sign Cousins.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 2, 2017 at 2:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone