LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

QB Candidates Thread: The Search for the QBoTF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My dream scenario

1st off before the draft

Sign Tyrod Taylor if Buffalo doesn't decide to keep him

Sign Hoyer to a 2 year deal let both those guys duel it out for the starting job.

After Free Agency

If Garrett is gone we trade down add a few draft picks select the PBA at whatever spot we land

Then Draft Pat Mahomes wherever his draft position will be so far I see him as a mid 2nd rounder that could possibly be a top 3 choice in the 3rd.
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Feb 4, 2017 at 3:10 PM ]
Regardless of when we draft a qb, I would like for us to sign Tyrod Taylor as a bridge.. he may or may not be the long time solution but he could run the offense efficiently while we find/develop our long term solution...
We should get someone in the FA and then trade down a bit on the draft, if Garrett isn't there, and get Mitch Trubisky if possible. If it ain't we should go BPA.
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by English:
Davis/Williams in a trade down is what I'm down with. Imagine trading up with both our second rounders and end up with three first round picks lol. That'd be so effing wild and wouldn't cost hardly much at all. Since our second is a fifth rounder away from trading up a couple spots.

Wut?

If we traded down to #6, we'd be owed 1000 points according to the chart. Their 38th overall is worth 520 so 480 difference now. Their fourth(assuming they wanna keep their 3rd) is 92 pts so 388 left. I think their next years second and fourth would be fair to complete the deal.

We'd then have #6,#34&38. To move up from 34 to UP to 29 would be solved with this years fourth we got in the trade.

To move up from 38 to UP TO 30 it would take our fourth rounder.

Wallah, three first rounders. Toss the mic like Em in 8 mile.

Yeah
You explained it better.
It was your idea after all.

Haha, no worries! Mike Williams or Davis, OLB, then BPA at a position you have someone push to start or is gonna get a fair amount of snaps.
Originally posted by NinersPlusOne:
Regardless of when we draft a qb, I would like for us to sign Tyrod Taylor as a bridge.. he may or may not be the long time solution but he could run the offense efficiently while we find/develop our long term solution...

I agree. I like Taylor as a steady QB option. He won't be viewed as the long-term guy, but someone who can hold down the position and play good ball while we find the future franchise guy.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NinersPlusOne:

I agree. I like Taylor as a steady QB option. He won't be viewed as the long-term guy, but someone who can hold down the position and play good ball while we find the future franchise guy.

Could be solid playing within the system. Would be fun to watch too. Throw a lil read option as well to keep Ds honest
Could be solid playing within the system. Would be fun to watch too. Throw a lil read option as well to keep Ds honest

Yup! He takes care of the ball and is efficient enough as a passer. Is capable of making some really nice touch throws, he could do some damage working off all those play-action bootlegs Shanahan likes to call.
For this year, sign Hoyer, Glennon, and Cutler (assuming he gets cut) to modest deals, and see what they can do. Draft a rookie next year.
I'm hoping to pull of a FA signing, trade, and draft a QB.

1) Sign Hoyer/Taylor/Cutler
2) Trade a 5th for Trevor Siemian
3) Draft Trubisky/Watson/Kizer

Something like that would be pretty awesome imo.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Yup! He takes care of the ball and is efficient enough as a passer. Is capable of making some really nice touch throws, he could do some damage working off all those play-action bootlegs Shanahan likes to call.

Plus he has a connection with Torrey would be funny if smith played a big role to bring him here and I bet money if Tyrod becomes a FA,Torrey would lobby for him.

Originally posted by jb49ers80:
For this year, sign Hoyer, Glennon, and Cutler (assuming he gets cut) to modest deals, and see what they can do. Draft a rookie next year.

I'd be down with this too!

Plus he has a connection with Torrey would be funny if smith played a big role to bring him here and I bet money if Tyrod becomes a FA,Torrey would lobby for him.

Oh man thats right, totally forgot they both played together in Baltimore.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
IMO, get legit Athletic Freak game breakers this year... game breakers that wouldn't be realistically be available next year or the year after.

Then worry about a QB later.

build the team first, then find a QB. Just don't be stubborn and desperate like the Texans.

Well being that we have zero qbs on the roster, it's the most important position in all of sports, and our new head coach is an offensive guru, I say we address it sooner rather than later

I'm not too worried about that, especially if we can get some gamebreakers.

I think it'll work itself out at the QB position for 2017. After that though, we can be picky with the weapons we have.

I'm with Afrikan. We've got a HC that has a long history of making Every qb he works with much better, so almost any qb would love to play for him. As they get themselves free, they will be beating down our door. Let's get him some targets, protection, and defense with our draft capital. (Can you say Atlanta?). If it takes until next year to get the real deal, we'll still be better off this year with our veteran or second or third round rookie by virtue of some semblance of a team around him. You need to get a backup up to speed anyway, and there's always a chance he'll surprise and be that guy.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
You know this will be the first question the media ask Kyle next week.
That's the most pressing Q fans & media have. I'm good with anyone KS decides on.
Hopefully we would get a pocket passer. I'm so done with running qbs. We need to cater our offense to pocket passers. Hopefully we get Garapollo or Cousins.
Originally posted by maya0724:
Hopefully we would get a pocket passer. I'm so done with running qbs. We need to cater our offense to pocket passers. Hopefully we get Garapollo or Cousins.

Definitely. Not just pocket passers, but look for 3 specific traits. Timing, anticipation, accuracy. If a QB doesn't exhibit all 3 of those things at least to some degree, I don't want them.
Share 49ersWebzone