There are 155 users in the forums

QB Candidates Thread: The Search for the QBoTF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm very curious where we go from here. If we draft, trade, go to free agency, or a combination I will be on board with the decision. Shanny is an offensive genius, and I will trust his opinion. Can't wait for the draft and free agency to get here
[ Edited by njninersfan420 on Feb 4, 2017 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
but my official Jeff Rodgers thread????

if Mitch is THAT good... take him with the second... f**k it. I don't care if he's only played one season. Reminds me of a more athletic Phillip Rivers.

fake edit- ok maybe going over board here with Mitch. Roll with Thad in 17

Whose your favorite QB in the draft? I think I know the answer lol.

Probably not...lol.

I feel if we are going to take Watson or Kizer or etc.... we're better off just sticking with Kaepernick, because at least he has the experience.

If a QB REALLY is that good, then even using the 2nd on him is nothing. I like the way Mitch moves around in the pocket...and even though he f**ked up early in that Stanford game, he still over came it and played his ass off....but in the end... had to deal with dropped passes and crazy play from Standord's version of Aaron Donald.

Just saying I wouldn't be mad if we did take Mitch if Kyle believed in him.

but yes, if we did trade our 2nd Overall pick to move down.... but also used our 2nd Round Pick +others to trade back up.

to basically have 2 1st round picks... and we ended up with Dalvin Cook and Cory Davis?????

That would make my weekend. To gamebreakers who can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

Still didn't answer my question I said whose YOUR favorite QB in the draft. Though from the sound of things, you rather trade down if no Garrett?

If Myles is available... take Myles

If I had to choose a QB? I'd take Mitch.

if Myles is taken..and we have the choice of trading down (and we are doing it to STILL take a QB?)...then I'd rather take Mitch with the 2nd Overall, and not trade down.

but if we trading down to get someone like Corey Davis... ok fine... but don't use the 2nd Round pick for a QB... would rather use that pick to trade back into the first to get a game breaker or great defender.

I don't want us to use that 2nd Round pick on a QB..

Davis/Williams in a trade down is what I'm down with. Imagine trading up with both our second rounders and end up with three first round picks lol. That'd be so effing wild and wouldn't cost hardly much at all. Since our second is a fifth rounder away from trading up a couple spots.
Sooo.... what will it take to get Aaron Rodgers from GB?
Davis/Williams in a trade down is what I'm down with. Imagine trading up with both our second rounders and end up with three first round picks lol. That'd be so effing wild and wouldn't cost hardly much at all. Since our second is a fifth rounder away from trading up a couple spots.

Wut?
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Sooo.... what will it take to get Aaron Rodgers from GB?

If we could some how cause drama in their front office.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 4, 2017 at 2:30 PM ]
IMO, get legit Athletic Freak game breakers this year... game breakers that wouldn't be realistically be available next year or the year after.

Then worry about a QB later.

build the team first, then find a QB. Just don't be stubborn and desperate like the Texans.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 4, 2017 at 2:28 PM ]
IMO, get legit Athletic Freak game breakers this year... game breakers that wouldn't be realistically be available next year or the year after.

build the team first, then find a QB. Just don't be stubborn and desperate like the Texans.

Well being that we have zero qbs on the roster, it's the most important position in all of sports, and our new head coach is an offensive guru, I say we address it sooner rather than later
If Myles is available... take Myles

If I had to choose a QB? I'd take Mitch.

if Myles is taken..and we have the choice of trading down (and we are doing it to STILL take a QB?)...then I'd rather take Mitch with the 2nd Overall, and not trade down.

but if we trading down to get someone like Corey Davis... ok fine... but don't use the 2nd Round pick for a QB... would rather use that pick to trade back into the first to get a game breaker or great defender.

I don't want us to use that 2nd Round pick on a QB..

If Garrett is there then to me Garrett should be the obvious choice.

If Garrett is gone then I think you either go QB if there is one that really stands out to Shanahan or you try to trade down and add a pass rusher or WR.

As far as QBs I am down with Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes or Peterman at different points in the draft. Peterman is easily the least physically impressive out of all of those guys but likely the most mentally ready, also he is coming out of a pro style offense that had him running a ton of bootlegs and throwing on the run.
those QBs "at different points in the draft".

I just feel if you like a QB and believe in him, you go get him.. I just don't want us to use a draft pick at a certain part of the draft, just because it was a good deal...because someone fell to our lap. (at least regarding the QB position)

hard to explain.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 4, 2017 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by njninersfan420:

Well being that we have zero qbs on the roster, it's the most important position in all of sports, and our new head coach is an offensive guru, I say we address it sooner rather than later

I'm not too worried about that, especially if we can get some gamebreakers.

I think it'll work itself out at the QB position for 2017. After that though, we can be picky with the weapons we have.

Originally posted by English:

Wut?

If we traded down to #6, we'd be owed 1000 points according to the chart. Their 38th overall is worth 520 so 480 difference now. Their fourth(assuming they wanna keep their 3rd) is 92 pts so 388 left. I think their next years second and fourth would be fair to complete the deal.

We'd then have #6,#34&38. To move up from 34 to UP to 29 would be solved with this years fourth we got in the trade.

To move up from 38 to UP TO 30 it would take our fourth rounder.

Wallah, three first rounders. Toss the mic like Em in 8 mile.

Wut?

Possible translation? Trade down from #2 spot and draft Cory Davis or Mike Williams while picking up extra 2nd round pick. Then by using 2nd round pick from trade and later picks move back into 1st round and then use our own 2nd round pick packaged with more picks to move back into the 1st round for not once but twice for 3 -1st round picks (and maybe drafting Mike Williams or Cory Davis, whoever wasn't picked first?)
Awesome idea if it would work in a perfect fantasy scenario. Two starting WR's and a pass rusher or FQB in the 1st round on day 1
BOOM!
Originally posted by susweel:
Blaine Gabbert is perfect for shanny's offense.

I think so too. He needs another look.

Wut?

If we traded down to #6, we'd be owed 1000 points according to the chart. Their 38th overall is worth 520 so 480 difference now. Their fourth(assuming they wanna keep their 3rd) is 92 pts so 388 left. I think their next years second and fourth would be fair to complete the deal.

We'd then have #6,#34&38. To move up from 34 to UP to 29 would be solved with this years fourth we got in the trade.

To move up from 38 to UP TO 30 it would take our fourth rounder.

Wallah, three first rounders. Toss the mic like Em in 8 mile.

Yeah
You explained it better.
It was your idea after all.
those QBs "at different points in the draft".

I just feel if you like a QB and believe in him, you go get him.. I just don't want us to use a draft pick at a certain part of the draft, just because it was a good deal...because someone fell to our lap. (at least regarding the QB position)

hard to explain.

You might like Mahomes or Peterman a lot, there is still no way you use the #2 pick on either of those guys. Realistically Peterman is a 3rd rounder at best. If you like him the most you use your first two picks to get a couple instant impact players.
Share 49ersWebzone