LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

2017 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You're welcome NCommand.

Here's a few small school kids that I like, that could be available on day 3.

Lakeland WR/KR/PR Michael Wynn
Eastern Illinois EDGE Jarvis Williams
Jackson State EDGE Javancy Jones
Alabama State NT Roderick Henderson
Bowie State CB Kristian Wilson
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
You're welcome NCommand.

Here's a few small school kids that I like, that could be available on day 3.

Lakeland WR/KR/PR Michael Wynn
Eastern Illinois EDGE Jarvis Williams
Jackson State EDGE Javancy Jones
Alabama State NT Roderick Henderson
Bowie State CB Kristian Wilson

Terrific...will have to look into them more.
Here's another one NCommand, Missouri S&T DT/FB Keyso Moss (Has good speed for his size, and good receiver as a FB, and yes he played both DT and FB in college)
The only good thing I can say about the Baalke years is that he left us with a lot of cap room since he would not sign or resign anyone. But the more I look at this team and hear about our needs up and down the roster the more pissed I get and can't believe this guy had a job in the NFL for so long let alone our GM gig. You and I could have showed up and had a few beers once a year and done a better job. Here is a team that had more draft picks than any other team in the NFL the last few years and most of Baalke's picks were spent on defensive players, particularly safeties. Yet here we enter 2017 with needs all over the defense to include no good options to play corner or safety in our new scheme. What? How the holy hell can that possibly be the case?
If I am the Niners I try to convince Cleveland to trade the farm for that number 2 pick. If we can't trade out, use it on Jamal Adams, get a can't miss player and leader for the defense and move on. Brick by brick. Hope for Foster the shady character in round two along with a RB in round two with Cleveland's pick.
All that cap money, about $100 mil before we started signing guys in FA this yr. So the $64,000 question. Did baalke know? Did he have a premonition? He had know he was failing and that a change in GM was a possibility. If he was just trying to save his job by rights, he would have bought FAs like a drunken sailor. There was , of course, the fly in the ointment that he had done such a poor job that no decent FAs wanted to come here. Still, at start of FA, we had $100 mil in cap space. Makes one wonder....doesn't it? The one thing a new 49er GM would need to just get off the ground was...a lot of cap space. And $100 mil would fit that scenario. Was this by chance...or choice?I really don't see baalke as that kind hearted a guy...but...
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
All that cap money, about $100 mil before we started signing guys in FA this yr. So the $64,000 question. Did baalke know? Did he have a premonition? He had know he was failing and that a change in GM was a possibility. If he was just trying to save his job by rights, he would have bought FAs like a drunken sailor. There was , of course, the fly in the ointment that he had done such a poor job that no decent FAs wanted to come here. Still, at start of FA, we had $100 mil in cap space. Makes one wonder....doesn't it? The one thing a new 49er GM would need to just get off the ground was...a lot of cap space. And $100 mil would fit that scenario. Was this by chance...or choice?I really don't see baalke as that kind hearted a guy...but...

Good question...much of the cap space became available after the 2015 off season from hell when all our veterans retired or left via FA and came off the books...the second we became one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and consequently, cheapest. That said, I don't think Baalke had the moxy to attract FA's no matter how hard he tried (or how much money he had). He certainly didn't have the HC's. He had a number and he and Paraag stuck by it. It was always the bride's maid, never the bride. Always 2nd place. We were tied to every FA it seemed like. It sure is nice hearing FA's openly state they are coming here to play for Kyle Shanahan vs. NOT coming here b/c of Chip Kelly's system and how it fails the defensive players. And with Lynch's moxy? Nice combination!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 23, 2017 at 7:14 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Good question...much of the cap space became available after the 2015 off season from hell when all our veterans retired or left via FA and came off the books...the second we became one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and consequently, cheapest. That said, I don't think Baalke had the moxy to attract FA's no matter how hard he tried (or how much money he had). He certainly didn't have the HC's. He had a number and he and Paraag stuck by it. It was always the bride's maid, never the bride. Always 2nd place. We were tied to every FA it seemed like. It sure is nice hearing FA's openly state they are coming here to play for Kyle Shanahan vs. NOT coming here b/c of Chip Kelly's system and how it fails the defensive players. And with Lynch's moxy? Nice combination!

Agreed. Shanahan & Lynch has already done a great job of flipping the roster in a short time. So excited to kill this draft & post draft FA's cuts to fill the roster. Go 49ers
Originally posted by Ninersrisin:
The only good thing I can say about the Baalke years is that he left us with a lot of cap room since he would not sign or resign anyone. But the more I look at this team and hear about our needs up and down the roster the more pissed I get and can't believe this guy had a job in the NFL for so long let alone our GM gig. You and I could have showed up and had a few beers once a year and done a better job. Here is a team that had more draft picks than any other team in the NFL the last few years and most of Baalke's picks were spent on defensive players, particularly safeties. Yet here we enter 2017 with needs all over the defense to include no good options to play corner or safety in our new scheme. What? How the holy hell can that possibly be the case?
If I am the Niners I try to convince Cleveland to trade the farm for that number 2 pick. If we can't trade out, use it on Jamal Adams, get a can't miss player and leader for the defense and move on. Brick by brick. Hope for Foster the shady character in round two along with a RB in round two with Cleveland's pick.
Baalke couldn't have been more detrimental to the team if he had been a Seahawk plant.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Baalke couldn't have been more detrimental to the team if he had been a Seahawk plant.

+100

, I think you are on to something.. Trent Baalke could have very well been a Seahawk spy!!!!! You called it..

Wouldnt be surprised if he was at his ranch with a cup of coffee and a sea chicken shirt on.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2017/4/23/15398954/trent-baalke-49ers-draft-picks-last-five-years-analysis

Btw we need a new secondary.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Apr 23, 2017 at 9:12 AM ]
NCommand, updated my Cap Thread, http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/98000-2017-49ers-salary-outlook-were-72529243-under-signed/#post1

I have us at $72,529,243 under with 73 signed.

I'll have preliminary rookie cap details next week, courtesy of OverTheCap.com, already talked to the owner.

NCommand, Thomas's deal would be $28,150,940 w/$18,613,412 SB, 2017 Cap # of $5,118,353 Foster's $9,034,450 w/$4,710,508 SB, 2017 Cap # of $1,642,627

If factored in right now, the 49ers have $66,888,889 in cap room right now.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Apr 27, 2017 at 11:01 PM ]
NCommand, Thomas's deal would be $28,150,940 w/$18,613,412 SB, 2017 Cap # of $5,118,353 Foster's $9,034,450 w/$4,710,508 SB, 2017 Cap # of $1,642,627

Originally posted by NCommand:

In-fricking credible...we get TWO Impact players on D and we STILL have $68 mil in cap space...now that is hard to believe. Way to go, AB.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Very early in John Lynch's career, the Buccaneers drafted Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in the same draft with 2 1st rounders who would later become the foundation of those great Bucs defenses of the late 90s early 00s. Remember - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200301120tam.htm

Wonder if Thomas & Foster aren't the start of something good here.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Very early in John Lynch's career, the Buccaneers drafted Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in the same draft with 2 1st rounders who would later become the foundation of those great Bucs defenses of the late 90s early 00s. Remember - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200301120tam.htm

Wonder if Thomas & Foster aren't the start of something good here.

Share 49ersWebzone