LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

2017 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The number one free agent I want us to get is a prime WR. There is no excuse for us not to get one. Desean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Alshon Jeffrey, Vincent Jackson are all FA's. We need WR talent badly. If we pick up one of these guys (maybe not Vincent... he's kind of passed his prime), then I'm fine with Torrey Smith as the #2 and Kerley as the #3. Not the best receiving corps ever but it would help significantly.

I don't know if we cut Bethea or not, but if we do, go get Eric Berry.

Dontari Poe would also be great.

Unfortunately the only good potential FA QB out there is Cousins. I'm not sure about the ones up for potential trading.

Any good offensive linemen or linebackers we should be considering?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
The number one free agent I want us to get is a prime WR. There is no excuse for us not to get one. Desean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Alshon Jeffrey, Vincent Jackson are all FA's. We need WR talent badly. If we pick up one of these guys (maybe not Vincent... he's kind of passed his prime), then I'm fine with Torrey Smith as the #2 and Kerley as the #3. Not the best receiving corps ever but it would help significantly.

Unfortunately the only good potential FA QB out there is Cousins. I'm not sure about the ones up for potential trading.

The WR position would be legit all because we now have a solid number one who may need to be double covered at times. Not to mention, a solid rookie would make that WR corps even more scary.

Adding Poe / Berry would instantly make our defense good, and elevate other player's game. Cousins is much better than all the back ups we have on the roster combined. I don't think we can get Berry, but we can wish (KC would be lame to let him go).
We need at least one of everything, even a new water boy.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
We need at least one of everything, even a new water boy.

joan in finance can stay
QB/#1 WR!

NT- Poe/Williams. Re-sign Dorsey.

OLB- Ingram/Perry, Alexander/Peppers as fall back options on short term two year deals. Must draft one within top 3 rounds.

ILB- Zach Brown, Timmons,Hightower, Teo' as fall back option. I like Bow&Ray-Ray coming back strong and both becoming a solid duo. I'd draft one in top 3 rounds to groom as push starter.

*S/CB- Bouye if Ward goes to .S. Berry if you could. Then Ward stays at CB, bye Bethea.

If we can grab a few starters in FA, it'll be a big impact on draft approach.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
QB/#1 WR!

NT- Poe/Williams. Re-sign Dorsey.

OLB- Ingram/Perry, Alexander/Peppers as fall back options on short term two year deals. Must draft one within top 3 rounds.

ILB- Zach Brown, Timmons,Hightower, Teo' as fall back option. I like Bow&Ray-Ray coming back strong and both becoming a solid duo. I'd draft one in top 3 rounds to groom as push starter.

*S/CB- Bouye if Ward goes to .S. Berry if you could. Then Ward stays at CB, bye Bethea.

If we can grab a few starters in FA, it'll be a big impact on draft approach.

I like it! Especially the bold.

If we get solid pieces in FA (NT, ILB, WR and center), we'll be in contention for 8-8 imo... throw in a good QB, then who knows (MAYBE playoffs).

#InMyOpinion #MAYBE
I wanted to talk about QBs but could not find the QB thread. Did it get axed?
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Yes
  • dj43

How effectively the Lynch and Shanahan hirings will change the league perception of the culture and future of the 49ers will be tested by the number and quality of offensive FAs. As it stands right now, with no QB on the roster and only the promise of signing an FA like Hoyer or Schaub and developing a rookie, it will take some slick talk to get an offensive skill player to come here. Money helps but the good ones will want to win and put up some numbers, not stand patiently by waiting for something good to happen.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Yes

When we get a real QB on board (one who doesn't choke against Seattle)... maybe then we can get another QB thread.

Great job command!
Originally posted by pelos21:
Great job command!

Thank you, my friend!
NCommand, as you well know, not only do we need players at NT, OLB, WR, ILB, FR QB, RB...we need IMPACT players at all those slots. So it's not just needing players but we need IMPACT players. And a Patrick Willis, a Justin Smith, an Aldon Smith, a Joe Staley....those guys don't all come at once. You get ONE impact player/yr consider yourself lucky. You get TWO IMPACT players, it is earth shaking. When was the last time a team got two true impact players in one draft? Well as it turns out, it happened last yr, in Dallas, with Zeke and Dak. But that is just so uncommon. One IMPACT guy ...you are doing well. But lots of teams go yrs and never get an impact player.

Point here is we have to get an impact player every yr. I think DeFo was ours last yr. Not too sure AA was an impact player the yr before. And there is where a new HC/GM, talent scout, whatever, needs to get a JATO boost , and make our drafts into not just getting players but being sure we get at least ONE IMPACT player, plus whatever else we need. But anymore a team just cannot win if they don't have at least one impact guy there each and every yr. We have missed the boat here, and hopefully Lynch and Kyle can kick getting IMPACT players into high gear. It was more than time for Trent and his team to move on. They let us down in a number of places but this one is the one that really hurt. You keep missing on impact players, it isn't long until the entire team slides downhill. You just have to have impact players, AND...you should be getting one every yr. We failed there, so this is a good place for kyle and Lynch to start.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
NCommand, as you well know, not only do we need players at NT, OLB, WR, ILB, FR QB, RB...we need IMPACT players at all those slots. So it's not just needing players but we need IMPACT players. And a Patrick Willis, a Justin Smith, an Aldon Smith, a Joe Staley....those guys don't all come at once. You get ONE impact player/yr consider yourself lucky. You get TWO IMPACT players, it is earth shaking. When was the last time a team got two true impact players in one draft? Well as it turns out, it happened last yr, in Dallas, with Zeke and Dak. But that is just so uncommon. One IMPACT guy ...you are doing well. But lots of teams go yrs and never get an impact player.

Point here is we have to get an impact player every yr. I think DeFo was ours last yr. Not too sure AA was an impact player the yr before. And there is where a new HC/GM, talent scout, whatever, needs to get a JATO boost , and make our drafts into not just getting players but being sure we get at least ONE IMPACT player, plus whatever else we need. But anymore a team just cannot win if they don't have at least one impact guy there each and every yr. We have missed the boat here, and hopefully Lynch and Kyle can kick getting IMPACT players into high gear. It was more than time for Trent and his team to move on. They let us down in a number of places but this one is the one that really hurt. You keep missing on impact players, it isn't long until the entire team slides downhill. You just have to have impact players, AND...you should be getting one every yr. We failed there, so this is a good place for kyle and Lynch to start.

Agreed! I personally think that a healthy AA might be another impact player. DeFo I agree is/will be. Bowman(post injuries)/Ray-Ray should still be solid. Rashard Robinson I think is going to be a shutdown CB. With a FA signing like a Poe or Berry...the defense could be pretty solid beginning next year. On offense...simply one position has to be figured out...QB. Not a 15-20th ranked QB but a top 10 guy. Can they find that guy or find that guy and develop him?

Jeffrey is way too risky. Garcon could make alot of sense. Desean Jackson is a longshot.
Share 49ersWebzone