LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Fire Lynch. Fire Shanahan. Blow it all up. Start over.
i sure think its a bad idea to sign the guy from the red skins cuz he got suspended. if you are going to sign injured players then sign alex o from the saints. it sounds like you really can not sign contracts anyway today and it seems everyone is keeping things close to the vest. it may be this way through most of the day tomorrow to

You bring up an interesting point cc. When it be really neat if we first learned of a signing in a couple of days? What a difference it would be having absolutely no leaks. I'm not expecting this, just think it would be pretty interesting.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i sure think its a bad idea to sign the guy from the red skins cuz he got suspended. if you are going to sign injured players then sign alex o from the saints. it sounds like you really can not sign contracts anyway today and it seems everyone is keeping things close to the vest. it may be this way through most of the day tomorrow to

You bring up an interesting point cc. When it be really neat if we first learned of a signing in a couple of days? What a difference it would be having absolutely no leaks. I'm not expecting this, just think it would be pretty interesting.
i just can not believe i am perfectly calm as no news other than the punter thing is coming out! i got excited for about an hour today when i heard the infamous words " 49ers are linked to" then somewhere along the line i said. eh. wait till tomorrow for news. also it seems all other teams are in stealth mode as well
i just can not believe i am perfectly calm as no news other than the punter thing is coming out! i got excited for about an hour today when i heard the infamous words " 49ers are linked to" then somewhere along the line i said. eh. wait till tomorrow for news. also it seems all other teams are in stealth mode as well

There's nothing official allowed yet, no one wants to do a Colts and line up a press conference only to be jilted!!!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

There's so much b******t spouted during this time of year. Just be patient and see what actually gets confirmed.
Originally posted by GEEK:

There's so much b******t spouted during this time of year. Just be patient and see what actually gets confirmed.

That didnt work out before Jimmy G was signed lmao.
Norwell would be a good pickup.
Norwell will be a terrible pickup if anywhere close to the rumored money (left tackle money). Let the Giants overpay and we can swoop up Pugh who can play OG/OT and draft a guy in the deepest OG class of all time.

You simply don't pay non premier positions that type of money in the salary cap era.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Mar 12, 2018 at 6:09 PM ]
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Norwell will be a terrible pickup if anywhere close to the rumored money (left tackle money). Let the Giants overpay and we can swoop up Pugh who can play OG/OT and draft a guy in the deepest OG class of all time.

You simply don't pay non premier positions that type of money in the salary cap era.

With our cap space it doesn't even matter. Won't put a dent in it.

Might as well solidify the interior if we get a chance.
NFL Free Agency 2018: 49ers, Bears appear to be favorites in Allen Robinson sweepstakes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverandblackpride.com/platform/amp/2018/3/12/17111862/nfl-free-agency-2018-49ers-bears-appear-to-be-favorites-in-allen-robinson-sweepstakes

"When asked if the Niners would be an intriguing destination, Robinson responded, "Most definitely. That's a team that is for sure moving in the right direction. They have some of the same things that Chicago has when it comes down to a quarterback, an offensive minded head coach, and a football city with tradition."

Make it happen Mr Lynch..
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
NFL Free Agency 2018: 49ers, Bears appear to be favorites in Allen Robinson sweepstakes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverandblackpride.com/platform/amp/2018/3/12/17111862/nfl-free-agency-2018-49ers-bears-appear-to-be-favorites-in-allen-robinson-sweepstakes

"When asked if the Niners would be an intriguing destination, Robinson responded, "Most definitely. That's a team that is for sure moving in the right direction. They have some of the same things that Chicago has when it comes down to a quarterback, an offensive minded head coach, and a football city with tradition."

This

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

+1. I'm ok with a "sitton type" contract but not Norwell.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Don't want.
Missing on A Rob must've been a money issue. Tells me we aren't going for Norwell either. I'm expecting Sitton.

Time to win another draft
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Missing on A Rob must've been a money issue. Tells me we aren't going for Norwell either. I'm expecting Sitton.

We'll see what the deal is for Robinson and the Bears on Wednesday. With Garçon, Goodwin, Taylor and Bourne and maybe some younger rookies or less expensive vets I don't see WR as a top need re: most expensive free agent.
Missing on A Rob must've been a money issue.

Good. Thank goodness.

Tells me we aren't going for Norwell either. I'm expecting Sitton.

Good. I hope so.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Mar 12, 2018 at 11:48 PM ]

Dope. Let's draft more woman beaters in the first round.

Missing out on a top WR1 without giving us a pick just shows how idiotic it is to hire someone without GM experience. This is the 49ers with the culture of winning not the Redskins or a three ring circus
[ Edited by Scottie15 on Mar 13, 2018 at 12:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone