LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gkhoury2325:
It's early in the process. Foster matter will be investigated by the DA's office. They will determine whether to officially Charge Foster in a law of court. There must be enough evidence that a crime happened and there must intent. Possession of an Assault Rife, and whether DV actually occurred. If the other person was hospitalized or checked due to bruising or some type of physical impairment evidence must be determined in the case.

Niners invested in him and it's too early to determine that a mistake of drafting him is admitted this early in the process.

Agreed...too early but Reuben is hanging on by a thread to start his career. I hope the kid can pull a 180 and justify Lynch believing in him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
for what.. he doesn't have to own up to another man's mistakes.

You act like this never happens in the NFL. Foster will get another chance and if he screws up it's on Foster not Lynch

why does it kill you to just say lynch made an error in player judgement.
Originally posted by cciowa:

Why are you needing people to accept that he made a mistake?
  • dj43

You act like this never happens in the NFL. Foster will get another chance and if he screws up it's on Foster not Lynch

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Lynch spent time with the guy. He also sent a pastor/counselor and another staffer to spend two days with him. They all affirmed that he was worth the risk. As of 2/13/18 it looks like the decision reached by all those people MAY have been wrong. However, there should be no rush to judgement. There is no need to hurry. OTAs are two months away. There is plenty of time to reach a measured decision as to what to do. In the meantime, the legal proceedings will bring us a great deal more information.

For my part, I am fine with him serving a one year suspension if for nothing more than sending him a stern wake-up call.

As to short-term action by Lynch, the only thing that is clear is that he no longer has any options with the first choice in the draft. It MUST be a ILB, either Smith or Edmunds. So while that may not be the worst thing that could happen, it shows how serious this matter has become.

My .02 worth...
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 13, 2018 at 9:49 AM ]
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Was there a report that there had been other disturbances at fosters place? Something about a welfare check?

Someone in one of these threads stated the police had been called to his residence before (three times, I believe they said) but that nothing transpired from those visits. Sorry, do not know which thread it was in nor what page. Not even sure it is true or if perhaps I read what they said incorrectly, because you would think that would have been leaked to the media by someone.

it wouldn't kill me if it was really a mistake on Lynch's part.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Why are you needing people to accept that he made a mistake?

happens to me all the time here on the zone . i thought i would see how it feels to ask for a change.
Originally posted by dj43:

Lynch spent time with the guy. He also sent a pastor/counselor and another staffer to spend two days with him. They all affirmed that he was worth the risk. As of 2/13/18 it looks like the decision reached all those people may have been wrong. However, there should be no rush to judgement right now. There is no need to hurry. OTAs are two months away. There is plenty of time to reach a measured decision as to what to do. In the meantime, the legal proceedings will bring us a great deal more information.

For my part, I am fine with him serving a one year suspension if for nothing more than sending him a stern wake-up call.

As to short-term action by Lynch, the only thing that is clear is that he no longer has any options with the first choice in the draft. It MUST be a ILB, either Smith or Edmunds. So while that may not be the worst thing that could happen, it shows how serious this matter has become.

My .02 worth...
We don't need to draft ILB with the first pick. The 49ers managed without foster for multiple games.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Someone in one of these threads stated the police had been called to his residence before (three times, I believe they said) but that nothing transpired from those visits. Sorry, do not know which thread it was in nor what page. Not even sure it is true or if perhaps I read what they said incorrectly, because you would think that would have been leaked to the media by someone.

Yeah if that's not being reported then I don't believe it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

of course not.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
We don't need to draft ILB with the first pick. The 49ers managed without foster for multiple games.

sorry. its a big need now. no clue about smith and what else do you have? no we draft a inside backer with our first pick or second.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

of course not.

He makes no mistakes becuase drafting a guy in the first who leads the league in arrests is normal. Great job gm of the year.

sorry. its a big need now. no clue about smith and what else do you have? no we draft a inside backer with our first pick or second.
well it looks like you are getting yourself ready to blame Lynch if we don't go LB
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Feb 13, 2018 at 9:47 AM ]
  • dj43

Lynch spent time with the guy. He also sent a pastor/counselor and another staffer to spend two days with him. They all affirmed that he was worth the risk. As of 2/13/18 it looks like the decision reached all those people may have been wrong. However, there should be no rush to judgement right now. There is no need to hurry. OTAs are two months away. There is plenty of time to reach a measured decision as to what to do. In the meantime, the legal proceedings will bring us a great deal more information.

My .02 worth...

True, but we were much better with him.

My .02 worth...

True, but we were much better with him.
I think he's nice to have, but not a major cog that we can't function without him
Share 49ersWebzone