LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by communist:
so if Baalke had to know about Aldon's issues and was blamed for drafting him, Lynch has to be blamed for Foster...so much about 3rd ovr.

He should be

Hard lesson for a first draft

Yeah I dont think anybody is giving Lynch a pass on this. I never even considered drafting Foster but was hoping for the best when we got him. This was definitely a mistake by Lynch and another reason we shoulsnt judge drafts immediately good or bad.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by cciowa:
and then people here would just berate him. people like kyle and lynch deserve credit when things go right. fine.. but you dang well hold them accountable when things they have a direct hand in go south

kyle and john have a direct hand in brock and foster's off the field problems?

they had a direct hand in the drafting of foster red flags and all
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baylor:
Am I the only one who has blocked cciowa and susweel? I just can't read their Shakespearean melodrama anymore. I can't stand people who constantly swim in a sea of negativity.

tell me one thing that is good about fosters news and tell me one thing wrong with holding lynch accountable for the drafting of foster as this thing goes south. you heap praise on him for jimmy. fine.. but you hold him accountable just like you did trent when things go bad. you can not have it both ways sunshine
tell me one thing that is good about fosters news and tell me one thing wrong with holding lynch accountable for the drafting of foster as this thing goes south. you heap praise on him for jimmy. fine.. but you hold him accountable just like you did trent when things go bad. you can not have it both ways sunshine

One thing good about Foster's news:

He was decent enough to get arrested well before the draft and free agency, giving us time to find a replacement if necessary.
Am I the only one who has blocked cciowa and susweel? I just can't read their Shakespearean melodrama anymore. I can't stand people who constantly swim in a sea of negativity.

Nope that is perfectly fine. You are not alone in your assessment.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
One thing good about Foster's news:

He was decent enough to get arrested well before the draft and free agency, giving us time to find a replacement if necessary.

agree, i will thank him when he is walking out the door. i could care less where he goes and who he plays for if he leaves us,we have options and plenty of time to look at them
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Nope that is perfectly fine. You are not alone in your assessment.

if you do not think this is negative news that deserves to be scrutinized and not swept under a rug cuz we do not want to be negative. well i just do not know
  • dj43
if they keep foster i hope some reporter would have the guts to ask., so why did you cut brock and keeping foster?

The answer is simple: Because Brock did not have a great deal of future value to the team.

Sad, but it is that simple. Life isn't fair.

However, all of this is just speculation. We need to wait for all the facts to come, then wait to see how the league and the 49ers deal with it. Right now it is just what we do on an otherwise slow Monday.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
The answer is simple: Because Brock did not have a great deal of future value to the team.

However, all of this is just speculation. We need to wait for all the facts to come, then wait to see how the league and the 49ers deal with it. Right now it is just what we do on an otherwise slow Monday.

thanks foster for coming to the rescue on a slow news day .. i hope kyle and lynch have a plan in place to deal with foster not being on the team anymore. due to the fact that either we take action. the nfl does or both.
  • dj43

For you, and any other person that may have problems with the content of another member's post: use the block feature. Just click on the member's name in the upper left corner. It will open up a window with a button that says "hide ABC's posts." You can also undo the block in the future should you choose to do so.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
if they keep foster i hope some reporter would have the guts to ask., so why did you cut brock and keeping foster?

Actually you don't need the facts when it comes to foster. He's a certified dumbass his history proves it. He'll always be in some kind of trouble.
So I seems the people who were quickest to criticize Lynch's hiring are the same ones who are giving him the most grief now. Funny how that works. Foster has a boatload of potential and was one of the highest ranked rookie LB's in the league. If Lynch sat down with him before the draft and Foster was able to convince him that his troubles were behind him and Lynch believed that he could create a supportive locker room environment, which by most accounts he has done, then I see no issue with drafting him at 31 where a lot of observers felt he was a bargain. The real test is how Lynch decides to handle the situation moving forward. A lot of people are rushing to judgement here about what happened or how severe it may or not be, I prefer to wait until there are more facts available instead of making up my own. My feeling at the moment is, as one comedian use to say, you can't fix stupid. With all of the momentum that the team is building up this is the kind of nonsense that they don't need do deal with. I think of all of the time and energy that the team allegedly put into to trying to help Aldon Smith get straightened out and what a waste that turned out to be. Some people yu just can't help. Be curious to see how this all plays out

For you, and any other person that may have problems with the content of another member's post: use the block feature. Just click on the member's name in the upper left corner. It will open up a window with a button that says "hide ABC's posts." You can also undo the block in the future should you choose to do so.

I have hidden them and a handful of others. Good feature, but it breaks up the continuity of thread sometimes. But I am with you, life it too short to let others drag you down. Pro tip ... if someone affects you in a negative way, then choose not to let them. Pretty simple.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol

GM John Lynch (from April 27, 2017) after #49ers drafted Reuben Foster: "I feel really good not only because we got a great player, (but) because I think we're going to have a great plan for the young man both on (and off) the field and we care about the kid."
Originally posted by 49ers81:
So I seems the people who were quickest to criticize Lynch's hiring are the same ones who are giving him the most grief now. Funny how that works. Foster has a boatload of potential and was one of the highest ranked rookie LB's in the league. If Lynch sat down with him before the draft and Foster was able to convince him that his troubles were behind him and Lynch believed that he could create a supportive locker room environment, which by most accounts he has done, then I see no issue with drafting him at 31 where a lot of observers felt he was a bargain. The real test is how Lynch decides to handle the situation moving forward. A lot of people are rushing to judgement here about what happened or how severe it may or not be, I prefer to wait until there are more facts available instead of making up my own. My feeling at the moment is, as one comedian use to say, you can't fix stupid. With all of the momentum that the team is building up this is the kind of nonsense that they don't need do deal with. I think of all of the time and energy that the team allegedly put into to trying to help Aldon Smith get straightened out and what a waste that turned out to be. Some people yu just can't help. Be curious to see how this all plays out

Get your rationality out of here!
Share 49ersWebzone