LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I had to leave this site for a while because I was sick of arguing with people about how s**t Baalke was. Good job Lynch, clean house on the rest of Baalke's bums.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Getting the Jimmy G signing done so early in the offseason gives us an opportunity to better prepare and see where we go in free agency and the draft. Fuller, Butler, Ansah maybe even Jeffery? I'm excited about the possibilities

Jeffery signed a 4 year extension with Philly mid-season. I really want Ansah.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Getting the Jimmy G signing done so early in the offseason gives us an opportunity to better prepare and see where we go in free agency and the draft. Fuller, Butler, Ansah maybe even Jeffery? I'm excited about the possibilities

Jeffery signed a 4 year extension with Philly mid-season. I really want Ansah.

Ansah won't be that much help..might be too expensive for 3rd down player
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for mutant-man49.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Slam dunk if we get the Lombardi next year.

it's gonna take this team 3 more years to be in a prime position to compete.

According to who? Things turn quick. This team could be in the playoffs next season with a good FA period and draft. I am pretty confident they will be a playoff team next year competing for the NFC
This, it would be a huge fail if this team doesn't get in the playoffs. I'm confident if the team stay relatively healthy we'll get in

I agree but Giedi said to win it all. It's one thing to make it to the playoffs, it's a whole new playing field winning the trophy. That means that this team has to get by Pit/NE. To be on those team's level, it's gonna take some time.

Look at what Philly just accomplished as a prime example of how quickly and team can become a SB contender. In 2016 they were 7-9. Then came the 2017 offseason and look at all the pieces they added to take their squad to the next level. Alshon Jeffery, Blount, Torrey, Long, Clement and Patrick Robinson all helped make this a championship caliber squad. Let's not forget the most important addition of all...Nick Foles. Wentz play had improved significantly to an MVP level that this team was in the discussion early on as a SB contender.

The Niners are a lot closer than you guys think. They're a solid draft and FA away from going from playoff hopefull to legit SB contender. How many teams in this past playoffs were the Niners playing better than by the end of the season? With the momentum they finished with and the position they're in for FA and the draft, the hype that will continue around this team it will be justified.
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Feb 9, 2018 at 7:40 AM ]
The rebuild is over. The Quest For Six is back on!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Focus in these next three weeks is now on resigning/extending the current roster.

Tartt
Carradine
Kilgore
Goodwin

...all up for extension discussion. Would imagine they'll wait on Ward, Reid and Hyde.
  • Jiks
It amazes me how articulate and comforting guys like Lynch and Shanny are. The guys in the past have always seemed to say the right thing just to say it, but these guys seem to actually believe it and have built a foundation building off what they've preached since the day they got here.

As a Jazz fan Ive always felt that the FO was one of the best in the world. 49er are slowly bringing me that same confidence.
Originally posted by Jiks:
It amazes me how articulate and comforting guys like Lynch and Shanny are. The guys in the past have always seemed to say the right thing just to say it, but these guys seem to actually believe it and have built a foundation building off what they've preached since the day they got here.

As a Jazz fan Ive always felt that the FO was one of the best in the world. 49er are slowly bringing me that same confidence.

Admit it, you were secretly hoping that either Lynch or Shanny would fart and try to put the blame on Jimmy.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Admit it, you were secretly hoping that either Lynch or Shanny would fart and try to put the blame on Jimmy.

Tough to do since Jimmy farts probably have that new car smell.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Tough to do since Jimmy farts probably have that new car smell.

That will end once he goes to an SF Giants game and tries the garlic fries.

"After this, there are two teams with more cap space," Lynch said. "So we're going to be aggressively prudent and always make wise decisions and look out some years and do things that are a fit and give us an opportunity to be a better organization.
"We're going to continue to try to re-sign our own players that we think are part of this puzzle. Some of those we have to let go to free agency and see where the market shakes out. We're getting ready for the draft. We're getting ready for free agency. This thing is always moving."

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-send-signal-garoppolo-signing

Who would have thought this hand selected pick GM by Kyle Shanahan would be so good at his job. I'm so proud and this is only then end of Year 1. Love it!
Originally posted by jayfreshx3:
"After this, there are two teams with more cap space," Lynch said. "So we're going to be aggressively prudent and always make wise decisions and look out some years and do things that are a fit and give us an opportunity to be a better organization.
"We're going to continue to try to re-sign our own players that we think are part of this puzzle. Some of those we have to let go to free agency and see where the market shakes out. We're getting ready for the draft. We're getting ready for free agency. This thing is always moving."

Who would have thought this hand selected pick GM by Kyle Shanahan would be so good at his job. I'm so proud and this is only then end of Year 1. Love it!

Lynch is a boss

dude be coming into free agency......

Bawse!
I really hope we still keep focusing on the defense. There's always a false impression teams get when they get a QB thinking they need to load up talent around the QB. Problem is that it puts a lot of pressure on the best QB's to score 30+ points every game because the defense didn't get loaded up.

If you really want to take pressure off an elite QB, solidify the OL and fully load up on the defense.
Originally posted by jayfreshx3:

"Aggressively prudent" is such a great Lynch-ism.
Share 49ersWebzone