There are 275 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm so pissed right now seriously considering not renewing my season tickets
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Ian RapoportVerified account‏@RapSheet

The #49ers identified John Lynch weeks ago as a potential GM. He wouldn't go through with it unless it remained secret. Secret no longer.

Can someone explain why Lynch would want it to be kept a secret? The fact that it was kept a secret is part of the reason we're struck right now...

Some people like their privacy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I MEAN WTF?!!?
Does this mean we're still not gonna draft WRs and a QB?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I hope this works out, interesting to see if he keeps the scouts or hires new ones.
Originally posted by captveg:
Communication is the key word there. York wants to hammer that point home after Baalke's failure at it.

Obviously Shanahan also likes Lynch or this wouldn't have happened. Sounds like Paton and McDonough couldn't persuade York/Shanahan over the weekend quite enough.

This seems like an absolute overreaction to Baalke. You went from a guy with a clenched jaw who was a social misfit of sorts to someone super intelligent and glib but with essentially zero relevant experience for the position he was appointed to.
Originally posted by Predator85:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Is this Matt Millen 2.0

Mike Williams will be on the board at #2.

This. First pick as a GM will be a stud
Originally posted by Predator85:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Is this Matt Millen 2.0

Mike Williams will be on the board at #2.

LMAO
Can anyone defend this? Lol
Did John Elway have experience before he got the job in Denver?

• Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
  • zero
  • Veteran
Willing to give the guy a chance but expecting the worst. Sadly, this is the current state of affairs and expectations for this team. Hopefully we don't another Matt Millen
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Ian RapoportVerified account‏@RapSheet

The #49ers identified John Lynch weeks ago as a potential GM. He wouldn't go through with it unless it remained secret. Secret no longer.

Can someone explain why Lynch would want it to be kept a secret? The fact that it was kept a secret is part of the reason we're struck right now...

Some people like their privacy.

Or a test for a organization known for leaks.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I can get to a point of acceptance on this... but SIX YEARS!!????
Uhhhhh, OK?
Didn't see this coming.
Share 49ersWebzone