LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Got to have a solid guy in place before hand. Too many holes to dump a top 10 type of guy in any position. Don't stop the ship from sinking by drilling more holes in it.

Hyde isn't a top 10 back, he's fringe top 15 at-best.

Interesting that Football Outsiders ranks Hyde in a virtual tie with Tevin Coleman, a guy Kyle loved in Atlanta. (Hyde is #18.)

Pretty ironic considering they're both relatively injury prone (9 games missed over three years for Hyde and 7 over two for Coleman).
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Lynch's latest comments sound like he wants to re-sign Hyde, so that's good.

Meh

i get ripped everytime i mention dumping hyde so i will side with donnies reaction.lol

I hope they do re-sign him. He is at least a good tandem back, if not the main guy. You cannot build a team by dumping a high draft pick just because he is not a Pro Bowl player. Hyde is that guy.

Exactly. People on here don't get this.

Shannys call...we got over 3/4 months to figure it out haha.

Meh

i get ripped everytime i mention dumping hyde so i will side with donnies reaction.lol

I hope they do re-sign him. He is at least a good tandem back, if not the main guy. You cannot build a team by dumping a high draft pick just because he is not a Pro Bowl player. Hyde is that guy.

You don't see the value of building a team by replacing the best players on the team before addressing the worst? The top down rebuild!
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Meh

You don't see the value of building a team by replacing the best players on the team before addressing the worst? The top down rebuild!

This technique is taught at the prestigious Baalke school of Football.

There is nothing to get. Breida is a competent back who was an UDFA. We can find another one next year in the draft or through FA. We don't need Hyde. His hands are suspect out of the backfield and he isn't the greatest in pass pro.
Suspect? ? How about stone hands, Donnie?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Stone hands definitely in the last game. Didn't he drop like 3-4 passes out of the backfield?

There is nothing to get. Breida is a competent back who was an UDFA. We can find another one next year in the draft or through FA. We don't need Hyde. His hands are suspect out of the backfield and he isn't the greatest in pass pro.

The thing to me is how many holes can you fill in one offseason? Not all guys we add are going to work out and there's only so many. By the time I go down my wish list of LEO, 3 OL (maybe 4), 2 WRs, MLB, CB, all not just fill-in players but really good players or really good prospects, all our top draft choices and our cap money is gone. It's debatable, but Carlos is here, if we can resign him relatively cheaply I'd keep him.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

The thing to me is how many holes can you fill in one offseason? Not all guys we add are going to work out and there's only so many. By the time I go down my wish list of LEO, 3 OL (maybe 4), 2 WRs, MLB, CB, all not just fill-in players but really good players or really good prospects, all our top draft choices and our cap money is gone. It's debatable, but Carlos is here, if we can resign him relatively cheaply I'd keep him.

Which is why I said I'm indifferent to him staying or going. I don't think it helps or hurts us.

Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Which is why I said I'm indifferent to him staying or going. I don't think it helps or hurts us.

Hyde goes and we are gonna be completely screwed. No way can we go into next year without a top tier guy running the ball. Even with improved ol and recieving corps we need a run game. It absolutely hurts us imo if we don't have a stud to replace Hyde if we decide to let him walk. I'm not super attached to Hyde but,I'm a firm believer in the run game. Even in Shannys system I think you need a great guy to really get opposing defenses off guard. Especially in this division.
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Meh

This technique is taught at the prestigious Baalke school of Football.

LOL yes, like when getting rid of a 28 year old OL coming off his third straight Pro Bowl and selling it as addition by subtraction. All to make room for Jordan Devey.

Why not spend a pick on a RB? They don't have any other needs that could be addressed with that pick.

This team needs more holes to fill.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

He has four drops. That is less than Crabtree and the same amount as Breida who has 1/3 the amount of catches as Hyde.
Draft/College nerds... Who are the prospects to look for in tonight's USC vs STAN game besides Love,Ronald Jones and Darnold?
Share 49ersWebzone