LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Might as well mail it in on those six year contracts. 5 games in it's a wrap!

What is wrong with saying only Taylor and Kittle have proven themselves after 5 games? It's a fact. It's not up for debate at all.

We will see who shows up for the next 11 games.

My bad. The comment was geared more toward the OP, and I assumed your comment was an addendum to that. The question was about John Lynch's moves not working out.

I'd say Breida, Kittle, Juice, Taylor, Foster, Thomas, Garcon, Mitchell, and Goodwin have all shown up in flashes this year. To me, they're showing improvement all over the field. This time last year they lost 4/5 games by more than a TD. All but one of those was by two scores. This thing is going to take more than five games to know whether it works or not.
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Well Foster and Joe Williams haven't gotten much of a chance to prove themselves... Even Witherspoon.

Remaining healthy enough to get on the field is a big part of proving yourself. Durability is something players can be and are judged on.

So why can't Bowman be judged on it?
Too much emotion. Not that it's bad, but it seemed the majority thought Bowman was done. I personally wanted him to be part of the rebuild, but it isn't going to be that way. As for Lymch''s picks panning out, give it time. This time last year, our best player (Buckner ) was doing what exactly?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Hyde
A. Lynch
Staley?

+AA
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Too much emotion. Not that it's bad, but it seemed the majority thought Bowman was done. I personally wanted him to be part of the rebuild, but it isn't going to be that way. As for Lymch''s picks panning out, give it time. This time last year, our best player (Buckner ) was doing what exactly?

Fans were thinking Baltimore passed him over for a reason
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Hyde
A. Lynch
Staley?

+AA

Armstead is on way shakier ground than even Aaron Lynch, IMO, because the depth behind AA is far better.
Originally posted by captveg:
Armstead is on way shakier ground than even Aaron Lynch, IMO, because the depth behind AA is far better.

Plus we can get way more for AA right now. If he isn't starting in the interior of our DLine, then there's no point in keeping him.
Saw this on Reddit.

What a wonderful spokesperson they have in John Lynch. Nobody can hate that guy. They'd better keep that up and tell Jed York to f**k off and go hide in his bedroom blanket fort

I wouldn't mind some trades at this point. lets wheel and deal John!
The youth movement is in full effect

Hate the Bowman release but I swear I trust this Lynch/Shanahan movement..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Hate the Bowman release but I swear I trust this Lynch/Shanahan movement..

I am sure folks back in the 80's got mad at Walsh for releasing players at their peak.

K&J got five and a half more years of checks coming. They got 65MM of cap and some good draft picks coming up. With what they walked into they get a two year grace period, at least, before they have to show this team has turned the corner.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 14, 2017 at 6:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

K&J got five and a half more years of checks coming. They got 65MM of cap and some good draft picks coming up. With what they walked into they get a two year grace period, at least, before they have to show this team has turned the corner.

I agree with your sentiments. I do feel we all believe they have to have a killer offseason/draft tho.
Originally posted by captveg:

I don't think so. He's only 23 and both Hyde and Lynch have already been benched for mental errors (Hyde with blown assignments and Lynch with penalties).

But I do agree, as an interior DL, we have a lot of capable bodies there in a log jam.
Share 49ersWebzone