LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

If Bellicheat schools Shanahan in the SB do you still want him as HC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If Bellicheat schools Shanahan in the SB do you still want him as HC?

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I have no worries at all...I saw almost exactly what I have seen from the NFL the last several years. The team that is the story was getting abused badly, the refs get the laundry out and push them back into the game, the younger team doesn't handle the pressure and momentum change well and knuckles under. I don't blame the coaches one little tiny bit. The league got the result they were looking for.

this game reminded me of our power outtage
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He got schooled alright. God the play calling was awful in the 2nd half. Steady play calling in the 2nd half and they win the Super Bowl. It didn't even need to be great. Just steady. But it was absolutely awful.....

there is this thing called "execution"
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I have no worries at all...I saw almost exactly what I have seen from the NFL the last several years. The team that is the story was getting abused badly, the refs get the laundry out and push them back into the game, the younger team doesn't handle the pressure and momentum change well and knuckles under. I don't blame the coaches one little tiny bit. The league got the result they were looking for.

The league is run by Goodell, you really think Goodell wanted the pats to win, yeah I did not think so.

The Pats played with determination of a team that knows how to win. The Falcons owner came to the side line with the GM with 4 minutes left to take the victory lap. Bad move

I think they want ratings and wanted a more competitive game...they called zero PI and then every single down for two drives to get the Pats back in it....after that it was academic. A young team is going to buckle under that.
Yes and absolutely..the entire Falcons lost this game...The Defense couldn't stop Brady and bad Matt Ryan decision making towards the end of the game. But let's not forget, Falcons D was a suspect anyway coming into the game. So Pats was expected to win the game. Falcons are good, but not ready to close out big games yet. In a way, I'm glad Falcons lost. Shanahan will be more hungrier to get his own ring with his own team.
[ Edited by MrCrab49ers on Feb 6, 2017 at 9:14 AM ]
Agree...to put the blame on just Shanahan is irresponsible reporting, IMHO. But, the media loves to assign blame...it's one of they ways they feel they're on target. But, this was a pure team loss...Quinn stood pat while Belichick obviously made several halftime adjustments. Example: in the 2nd half the Pats tightened up their pass protection big-time...for the most part, Brady had plenty of time to pick out his targets. Where was Atlanta's pass rush we saw in the 1st half? On defense, the Pats gave Ryan fits by pressuring him. To a degree, Matty Ice cracked...a number of times he could've audibled to a different play, could've thrown the ball away to avoid monster sacks, etc. The Pats took this game away from Atlanta, plain & simple. They deserved to win the championship, Atlanta didn't.
Blame Shanahan because (and I loathe saying it) Brady is one of the two best QB's of all time. Niner fans know who is #1. Belichick hit the lottery in Brady, would he have won so much with just a good QB, doubt it. Coach Walsh groomed 2 all time greats and a really good third in Garcia. Parcells won with two different QB's.
This is such a stupid thread
Without a doubt yes. He will learn from this loss.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
This is such a stupid thread

This
Share 49ersWebzone