LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Kyle Shanahan's Statistical Profile - Offensive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
Read the numbers; Kyle has a lot of pedigree that says he is an Offensive Genius.
Did you just read the numbers and thats why you said that...are you ok?

Yes, I am OK. There is a consistent pattern and approach to the way Kyle organically and inorganically grows and offence. I think we are all going to get a pleasant surprise.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Read the numbers; Kyle has a lot of pedigree that says he is an Offensive Genius.
Did you just read the numbers and thats why you said that...are you ok?

Yes, I am OK. There is a consistent pattern and approach to the way Kyle organically and inorganically grows and offence. I think we are all going to get a pleasant surprise.

We already know that

But are you trying to break a Guinness world post record in this forum?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jun 6, 2017 at 10:11 PM ]
No, I am simply answering the questions you pose in your posts.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
look at those TD to INT ratios...and look what Kaepernick did with our injury filled team in alittle more than half a season 16TDs 4INTS....and Kaepernick's career TD to INT ratioo 72TDs 30INTs

Yall think Kaepernick would do WORSE with Kyle? hahahaha

Im interested in how Shanahan views Kaep, guess we will find out soon enough. I would think he moves on from Kaep just because he has a great chance to handpick whatever QB he wants since we have the #2 pick

Yeah I'm not sure what will happen...but I'll trust and support Kyle with his decision... (unless it's Hoyer or Gabbert..even if bridge)

My post was more for those who were saying Kaepernick couldn't run Kyle's offense (even though Kap has shown he is better under center)

Kyle can still draft his own QB to groom while still seeing what he can do with Kaepernick.

If/when Kyle and his GM check out our 2016 season... they'll see our main issues were no pass rush (which the #2 pick can fill) and our defensive scheme and offensive approach and lack of adjustment after halftime.

When Kaepernick took over we were leading or kept it close the 1st two quarters.

They can still fill the seats with Kap and a new Offensive Coach, but another season with Gabbert or any other journeyman QB...I'm not so sure. A rookie might get thrown out there sooner.

I think one of the reasons that Kyle went with Hoyer Barkley and CJ vs Colin is simply that Colin will take a very long time to re-educate on offense. I think Colin would be able to run Kyle's offense - but he's at least a 3+ year project. That would be 1/2 of Kyle's contract and Jed and the Yorks are notoriously impatient about winning and if Kyle doesn't show progress in year 1, he could be out in year 2 despite the fact that he has a 6 year contract. The great Steve Young took 4 years under Walsh, and Young played in a college version of the WCO at BYU. Colin didn't. So I could imagine Colin taking twice as long as Young to get Kyle's offense down. Kyle is smart not to have bought into a project QB.
It'll be the day when Colin finally gets a job elsewhere.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
It'll be the day when Colin finally gets a job elsewhere.

He may not get that opportunity. New qb's are coming into the league every year - and they are younger, faster and stronger. This year may be it. I'm sure there's a younger version of Kaep in next year's draft somewhere. If I'm a GM, I'd test those out before a veteran like Colin, next year.
Being fast and strong isn't something he's lacking.

It's crazy to think that at one time, there was a legit debate to who was going to be better... Luck or Kaepernick.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

It's crazy to think that at one time, there was a legit debate to who was going to be better... Luck or Kaepernick.

Lol yeah. IMO and a lot of others out there, seems Luck is over rated as well.

How they haven't got an offensive minded HC to take his game to the next level, only god knows.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jun 9, 2017 at 12:46 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

He'll be older than the QB's coming out in the draft next year. If I'm a GM, that's a big factor for me. Choosing between Colin, or a younger, bigger and faster version of him. I'm going to choose younger. He'll pretty much be the same project that Colin is now.

It wouldn't hurt to have a CJ *and* a first round QB duking it out for starting QB. It would be great from a depth point of view.

Originally posted by Giedi:
It wouldn't hurt to have a CJ *and* a first round QB duking it out for starting QB. It would be great from a depth point of view.

That's what you want. Veteran, developmental mid round pick and a first round talent QB all competing.

ShanaLynch's #1 job will be to look to find that FQB. I'm sure they'll be all in on Cousins, Garoppolo, etc. too.
We need to have as much talent at QB as possible.

I suspect they will trade up next year for a gun QB out of college.

Competition creates everyone trying their hardest and no complacency.
Here are the totals for 2017. I will try to do just a Jimmy G only one but this is his total 2017 profile.

2017 - SF HC
Yards- 349 ypg
Pass- 245 ypg
Rush- 104 ypg
Ratio- 61%pass/39%rush
Td-int ratio- 15-15
Rush td- 15
First downs- 321
PF- 331
Comp%- 59.6%
Yards per pass- 6.0
Yards per rush- 4.1
QB rate- 78.8
Pass attempts in the gun%- 60.8%

Catch distribution
HB1 - 16.3%
WR1 - 16.3
TE1 - 11.9
WR2 - 11.9
WR3 - 11.0
FB1 - 9.1
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jan 1, 2018 at 9:12 AM ]
With Jimmy G as starter.

****2017 - SF HC****
Yards- 410 ypg
Pass- 297 ypg
Rush- 113 ypg
Ratio- 55%pass/45%rush
Td-int ratio- 6-5
Rush td- 6
First downs- 117 (projects to 374 in full year)
PF- 144 (projects to 461 in full year)
Comp%- 67.4%
Yards per pass- 8.4
Yards per rush- 3.7
QB rate- 96.2
Pass attempts in the gun%- 62.9%
Originally posted by Niners816:
With Jimmy G as starter.

****2017 - SF HC****
Yards- 410 ypg
Pass- 297 ypg
Rush- 113 ypg
Ratio- 55%pass/45%rush
Td-int ratio- 6-5
Rush td- 6
First downs- 117 (projects to 374 in full year)
PF- 144 (projects to 461 in full year)
Comp%- 67.4%
Yards per pass- 8.4
Yards per rush- 3.7
QB rate- 96.2
Pass attempts in the gun%- 62.9%

Jimmy G factor. But you have account for the other guys on offense that improved in the second half of the season for these numbers too. Injuries in the first half of the season. The backups and rookies settled down,started to play with consistency.

Rough season, but one of the more interesting and actually fun season to follow as a fan in a long time
Share 49ersWebzone