LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Offseason Post #1: Thoughts on Head Coach to be Kyle Shanahan...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Excellent post Marv. I share your love for those stretch zone running plays. Whether it was Mike, Kyle, or Kubiak calling the plays that scheme just flat out works. 20+ years running that stuff and its still lethal. Love the bootleg play-action off it, it just gives the offense so much balance and variance.

I think Hyde excels in the stretch/zone run moreso than Chip's inside zone.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
I know I'm super excited because I'm down to teh very end of my house reno for a while(I not only gutted the baby-girls room but did a complete kitchen gut....down to floor joists in some areas...all myself) plus the baby-girl is settling in so now I've got a full few seasons of Shanahan tape to watch in prep for next year!!! Plus to put together an off-season, "what our offense might look like coaches film thread"

I love it when a plan comes together!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by susweel:
Why couldn't this go in the Shanahan thread.

Why can't you not complain.

Srsly tho everybody else discusses it in there. What makes you special ?

I think once your Hall Of Fame, you can start topics on your own thoughts on anything related to the 49ers. Probably an unwritten rule or something.

Nah...nothing like that. I'm just in the habit of posting this way. If mods wanted to move it, no worries...but the intent was for it to be about more than Shanahan.

HOF moniker was just something nice to be included in, but doesn't grant extra permissions or anything.

Don't mind susweel, he hella salty right now
Originally posted by NCommand:
I know I'm super excited because I'm down to teh very end of my house reno for a while(I not only gutted the baby-girls room but did a complete kitchen gut....down to floor joists in some areas...all myself) plus the baby-girl is settling in so now I've got a full few seasons of Shanahan tape to watch in prep for next year!!! Plus to put together an off-season, "what our offense might look like coaches film thread"

Yeah...looking forward to those breakdowns Jonny. ;-)

Isn't it fantastic to have hope again?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I think once your Hall Of Fame, you can start topics on your own thoughts on anything related to the 49ers. Probably an unwritten rule or something.

Nah...nothing like that. I'm just in the habit of posting this way. If mods wanted to move it, no worries...but the intent was for it to be about more than Shanahan.

HOF moniker was just something nice to be included in, but doesn't grant extra permissions or anything.

"Right Now"?

You know good news just came down the pike when sus is butthurt and lashing out.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Excellent post Marv. I share your love for those stretch zone running plays. Whether it was Mike, Kyle, or Kubiak calling the plays that scheme just flat out works. 20+ years running that stuff and its still lethal. Love the bootleg play-action off it, it just gives the offense so much balance and variance.

I think Hyde excels in the stretch/zone run moreso than Chip's inside zone.

Totally agree. If anyone has the ability, go back and watch the Vikings game, week 1 2015. THATS what you will see a lot of next year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

"Right Now"?

I'll fight every _______ in here.

"Right Now"?

I'll fight every _______ in here.

Aren't you Buddhist?

• 9moon
  • Veteran
He may know how to call plays, but I doubt that he can BUILD a team in 3 years and be ready to contend..

It's beautiful!!!

I hated the Chip hire from the very first day...I just remembering "A Christmas Story" style barrage of profanities coming out when I first read the news and my wife in the other room asking me what just happened; thinking I had just cut my arm off or something, haha.

I'm just glad Jed had the cajones to fire Chip and that we're actually going to get a WCO mind back, and one with at least some sort of ties to the Bill Walsh tree. I've been a little tired of all these, "Bill Parcels" guys popping up all the time....
[ Edited by jonnydel on Jan 18, 2017 at 12:20 PM ]

It's beautiful!!!

I hated the Chip hire from the very first day...I just remembering "A Christmas Story" style barrage of profanities coming out when I first read the news and my wife in the other room asking me what just happened; thinking I had just cut my arm off or something, haha.

I'm just glad Jed had the cajones to fire Chip and that we're actually going to get a WCO mind back, and one with at least some sort of ties to the Bill Walsh tree. I've been a little tired of all these, "Bill Parcels" guys popping up all the time....

LMAO. I was like that with Tomsula but literally, was sick to my stomach to the point I couldn't speak TO curse.
Originally posted by 9moon:
He may know how to call plays, but I doubt that he can BUILD a team in 3 years and be ready to contend..

There's no evidence that he can or can't. But, that's also what you have a GM and scouting department for. It's not 100% on the HC to build the team. If they can work together and have a good structure in place with good leadership principles - married with a great offensive mind, that's when you have great success. We've had neither for long enough for many to lose hope....
Smells like roses in here
Share 49ersWebzone