There are 155 users in the forums

Kyle Shanahan's Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Who's happier than Rathman? WCO scheme and bringing a FB back!

f**king this.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Mike McDaniel is a favorite to take over as OC in Atlanta.

Then Mike LaFleur. I imagine one guy is staying and one guy is leaving.

If they let him. I know most of the Atlanta offensive staff are Shanahan guys but with the Denver guys free, It wouldn't be a blow if Atlanta blocked them.
If they let him. I know most of the Atlanta offensive staff are Shanahan guys but with the Denver guys free, It wouldn't be a blow if Atlanta blocked them.

Usually a team will let a departing assistant take a couple guys with him. Maybe not as many as he would like as Todd Bowles discovered, or the exact guys you want but 2 or 3 tend to follow each coach.
I would love to bring in BY as a DL coach. He's got experience in a one gap and two gap scheme. I believe he left Florida to be with his ailing son, but he has since passed. Maybe he's ready to get back in the game?

I am down for this. Maybe not as DL coach but as a DL assistant, working up towards becoming a DL coach. I can't see BY on the staff as anything but a good thing.
Expect Rathman to be back!

Any good FB's hitting FA this year? Draft?
Originally posted by Sourball:

Falcons FB is a free agent this year
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 18, 2017 at 8:11 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Sourball:

Falcons FB is a free agent this year

Gonna be a home here and say we should draft Sam Rogers from VT. Dude was the ultimate do-it-all guy. Basically a better bruce miller without the baggage.
To bad the best fullback in the NFL is a down right liquor pig and decided to beat a 70 yr old man and his son. Would have been a nice piece of the puzzle
[ Edited by ayleswbj11 on Jan 18, 2017 at 8:14 AM ]
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
To bad the best fullback in the NFL is a down right liquor pig and decided to beat a 70 yr old man and his son. Would have been a nice piece of the puzzle

Bring in Marcel Reece!
Im assuming this is good news for Rathman retaining his RB coach job again. Shanahan will appreciate him, likely having personal experience with the Rathman era, provided he was around his dad on the job in 92-93.

Appreciated Bruce, but he was not the best fullback. Kyle Juszczyk is on another level. That dude is a beast of a fullback.

honestly i think he had one too many concussions. Fullback is probably one of the more contact positions, especially with the head. Ive seen a fullback's helmet after the game and it looks messed up haha.

Back on to topic though, patrick dimarco, the falcons FB, will be a FA. wouldnt be surprised to see us go after him. I believe he is the highest rated FB in the league right now
BTW, if retained, Tom Rathman will be heading into his 23rd season as a 49er. (Coach+player)
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Usually a team will let a departing assistant take a couple guys with him. Maybe not as many as he would like as Todd Bowles discovered, or the exact guys you want but 2 or 3 tend to follow each coach.

Difference is this is going to late in the process. Atlanta wont lose 2-3 offensive guys (the most important side of the ball) when other teams will block them from interviewing replacements.
LIKELY STAYING

Reggie Herring, inside linebackers coach

Bill Kollar, defensive line coach

Fred Pagac, outside linebackers coach

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/13/denver-broncos-coaching-staff-tracker/

s**t those were the 3 I was looking at!
Share 49ersWebzone