LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Kyle Shanahan's Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I really have to know why Denver let a good coach just walk? I hope this isn't one of those "I owe you one" type of deals, man we are gonna be in the hole with Elway. First he lets Peters go, now another huge addition in Benton. Good O-line coaches are very hard to find, I'm very curios with what's up. I mean, what can Lynch do for you Elway, by all means you can have Kaepernick. lol

Elway and lynch are buddy buddies and I'm sure elway has respect for the shannahan family as well
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I really have to know why Denver let a good coach just walk? I hope this isn't one of those "I owe you one" type of deals, man we are gonna be in the hole with Elway. First he lets Peters go, now another huge addition in Benton. Good O-line coaches are very hard to find, I'm very curios with what's up. I mean, what can Lynch do for you Elway, by all means you can have Kaepernick. lol

I could be wrong but I think they made Jeff Davidson their OL coach and Benton was an assistant OL coach or something

You're right. So I guess it wasn't a bone Elway though our way.

I think Elway could have declined allowing Benton's interview as long as he's under contract.
I haven't heard of him, I don't think he's a good coach.

Lmao! Yeah he's not Bob McKittrick so he sucks
Yes it's sarcasm
Originally posted by ltrain:

I could be wrong but I think they made Jeff Davidson their OL coach and Benton was an assistant OL coach or something

You're right. So I guess it wasn't a bone Elway though our way.

I think Elway could have declined allowing Benton's interview as long as he's under contract.

I mean he probably could have maybe, but declining a guy who's an assistant of a OL coach would be a read dick thing to do lol.
Half the o-line pretty much gone now. Lynch will probably have to use rounds 5-7 to get guys on the OL that fit the zone scheme.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Half the o-line pretty much gone now. Lynch will probably have to use rounds 5-7 to get guys on the OL that fit the zone scheme.

Kind of sad...we finally get a good pass protecting OL and can go power (add a FB) and bam, back to square one.

FA can clean up that OL easy

FA can clean up that OL easy

We can clean up the entire team this off season.. I'm not saying playoffs, but on paper and with health we can make some noise. Can't have all pros in every position. I think we're gonna go after a C in FA and roll with Garnett and Beadles at the G spots. The staff still has to see what they have in players in these schemes. TC is gonna be so awesome.
Shanahan, Lynch, and staff have been analyzing in depth the 49ers game film from last season shown below...

How so? Our offensive line was actually a bright spot. They'll keep the same guys and see how they play out in this new zone blocking scheme. One position of need though will be center.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Alex marvez

I'm told that @49ers are finalizing -- if they haven't finished already -- hiring of John Benton as o-line coach @sn_nfl @SiriusXMNFL

Per Vincent frank

O-line coach for Faulk and Jackson in STL, three top-five run offenses in final four seasons at HOU. Helped Lamar Miller progress.

Arian Foster had some great rushing seasons in Houston behind Benton coached O-Line's....
He's very savy on teaching zone blocking. He fits the vision of what Kyle will look for in his scheme.

Who taught him the zone blocking scheme? The master himself (Alex Gibbs)? Or from someone else?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
We can clean up the entire team this off season.. I'm not saying playoffs, but on paper and with health we can make some noise. Can't have all pros in every position. I think we're gonna go after a C in FA and roll with Garnett and Beadles at the G spots. The staff still has to see what they have in players in these schemes. TC is gonna be so awesome.

IMO Leary would be a massive upgrade to beadles and we have plently of cash for him and a center.
Man Hyde better stay healthy, cause he's about to league the lead in rushing with the offensive staff were forming.
Alex marvez

I'm told that @49ers are finalizing -- if they haven't finished already -- hiring of John Benton as o-line coach @sn_nfl @SiriusXMNFL

Per Vincent frank

O-line coach for Faulk and Jackson in STL, three top-five run offenses in final four seasons at HOU. Helped Lamar Miller progress.

I haven't heard of him, I don't think he's a good coach.

ROFL
Share 49ersWebzone