• Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
they're orbiting Uranus.

"Mommy, what do you think?"

Is this real life? What a fkn joke.

Other mommys help designing plays.
What ya think?
http://www.theonion.com/article/kyle-shanahan-admits-mother-helped-design-most-of--30734

omg, two momma's boys running the team? what could possibly go wrong?
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I'm amazed some people are even asking the question as to why Denise interviewed Tom Cable.

It's excellent PR and fall out management if (in some freak universe) he had been brilliant in the interview, or Shanahan withdrawn, it would have deflected (probably not all of it) a huge backlash about hiring a woman beater by having a woman interview him, ask about the incidents and what he had learned. She might very well have had final say on whether or not he could be hired on that basis.

I'm not saying he ever had a chance, but I think that was well handled and good risk management against a potential future fall out if he had ended up being our coach.
[ Edited by Buchy on Jan 18, 2017 at 8:33 AM ]
I think there's more than enough positive feedback from the media, coaches & GM candidates they've interviewed that would suggest they've done a very credible job. Who cares if Denise York interviewed Tom Cable? They may have a history, who knows. All that matters is they hire the best HC and GM out there...and I'm pretty sure that's what they're about to do.
There is so much behind the scenes, the Yorks may be doing a favor for Cable's agent.
Originally posted by English:
Cable is rated as a good future head coach. So it is right that they interviewed him. He has some unpleasant history which may or may not be behind him. So I am glad they didn't offer him the job. I don't see the problem here.

Incidentally in view of his history I was amused to see that Denise interviewed him by phone rather than face to face

But if we come out of this with Shanny and either Wolf or Guterkunst I will mark this up as a triumph for the ownership.

This
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Report: Denise York interviewed Tom Cable.

Why?

What does that mean? Do John and Denise interview everyone?

Why leak this now?

Who is doing pr for the board?

Please fix all this kyle. We're begging.
A few weeks before the season ended, there was the rumor that the Yorks were going to get more involved and possibly remove Jed from his position of power running the franchise. That news was generally met with support. Now, Denise get involved and people complain. If anything, I think its a sign ownership is in touch, not out of touch. Out of touch would have been to hire Cable while being or acting oblivious to his past, which is what we all were worried about.
Oh no, the true owner of the team that's a women wants to interview the man that is known for beating women. How dysfunctional is that

What's wrong with that honestly? Contrary to Jed, he isn't the true owner of the team, she is. Obviously she heard of his history and wanted to talk to him to see how he's like.

Come on man. It's not like she's discussing football schemes and stuff like that lol.
Just cause silver who is wrong most of the time said it was an interview everyone just assumes it was?
Well lets see, Cable has a history of beating up women, and Denise is the only woman atop the organization. Makes perfect sense to me, and I am ashamed a fellow fan jumps at the opportunity to bash the team. Should join the bay area news papers andvwrite for them....
Jed interviewed Cable in person and then Denise talked to him for an hour the next day.

Im assuming she talked to him about his troubled past.

Originally posted by WINiner:
Well lets see, Cable has a history of beating up women, and Denise is the only woman atop the organization. Makes perfect sense to me, and I am ashamed a fellow fan jumps at the opportunity to bash the team. Should join the bay area news papers andvwrite for them....

This
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Jed interviewed Cable in person and then Denise talked to him for an hour the next day.

and the following day Cable said, "F this, i'm out!"

Because they know the Niners are getting Kyle and want to save face.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Why?

Why leak this now?

Probably because its a SMART idea for a woman owner to interview a head coach candidate with domestic violence issues in his past. If they were even remotely interested in hiring him, having her speak to him first was pretty much a prerequisite.

For all we know, she could have been the one that completely shot down any chance of Cable being hired.

In this regard I don't mind her being involved. She's still a Debartolo and was an executive with the Penguins when they won a Stanley Cup. Seeing how John and Jed have run things, I'm down for Denise taking on a larger role, whether it was a one time thing or she has taken a larger role in running things behind the scenes, I doubt that she could make it any worse.

Gadzooks NO!

Denise is even further removed from football operations than Jed.

It makes no sense, and -- unless it's part of the hiring protocol to have members of the board interview potential HC/GM candidates -- it makes our process look completely improv amateur style -- management-by-fiat.

Seat of the pants. I hope that this is part of a larger process that we can point to and say, yes, this is step 16 of the Senior exec hiring protocol.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Why?

Why leak this now?

Probably because its a SMART idea for a woman owner to interview a head coach candidate with domestic violence issues in his past. If they were even remotely interested in hiring him, having her speak to him first was pretty much a prerequisite.

For all we know, she could have been the one that completely shot down any chance of Cable being hired.

In this regard I don't mind her being involved. She's still a Debartolo and was an executive with the Penguins when they won a Stanley Cup. Seeing how John and Jed have run things, I'm down for Denise taking on a larger role, whether it was a one time thing or she has taken a larger role in running things behind the scenes, I doubt that she could make it any worse.

Gadzooks NO!

Denise is even further removed from football operations than Jed.

It makes no sense, and -- unless it's part of the hiring protocol to have members of the board interview potential HC/GM candidates -- it makes our process look completely improv amateur style -- management-by-fiat.

Seat of the pants. I hope that this is part of a larger process that we can point to and say, yes, this is step 16 of the Senior exec hiring protocol.

You are seriously reaching man.
Share 49ersWebzone