There are 202 users in the forums

If Kyle Bails and Cable is a Non-Option

Shop Find 49ers gear online
In a terrible scenario, if Kyle turns us down and IMO Cable is Unacceptable

Is there anyone out there in Pro's or college that YOU - my fellow Zoners would recommend as HC??
Originally posted by NinerGM:
This doesn't need its own thread. GM rumor or Coach rumor thread is fine.

I think the board should just have 1 thread called "49ers" and we can only post there
Jed should have interviewed Dave Toub to keep his options open. But instead, he is a dumbass and the backup option is now Cable.

Well I am hoping for the best!
Dave Toub, Dave Toub, Dave Toub.

He might have to scramble to put a staff together that late but I think he can do a better job than Cable or anyone else that is left.

The way he's been overlooked and passed over reminds me of Arians and how long it took him to get a HC job.
Originally posted by donalddole:
I think the board should just have 1 thread called "49ers" and we can only post there

but only if its an official thread
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
It won't happen. Thread closed.
Originally posted by Rascal:

You don't know that. Thread open.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Are you Kyle's agent?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dave Toub, Dave Toub, Dave Toub.

He might have to scramble to put a staff together that late but I think he can do a better job than Cable or anyone else that is left.

The way he's been overlooked and passed over reminds me of Arians and how long it took him to get a HC job.
Curious why toub has spent so many years running SP, and not ventured into other avenues of coaching which are better stepping stones to HC?
Maybe hes not very interested in HC.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Personally, i'd make chris petersen an offer he CAN'T refuse. Yes, i do mean that much money.

I prefer Bevell or Richards over Cable if we had to get somebody off Seattle along with their GM.
Scott Linehan if he can get a good DC? Schwartz if he can get a good OC?
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jan 17, 2017 at 12:14 PM ]
Cable is probably the favorite for the job right now. But if he turns it down Jim Tomsula is sitting at home collecting checks from the Yorks. They will probably bring him back so he can actually earn that money somehow.
If Shanahan bails, Cable should still not be an option. Just turn the offense over to Staley, the defense to Bowman, and make Joan in Accounting decide tie votes for game plans.I bet we win more than two games. And don't designate a QB. Just let them figure it out on Sunday.
[ Edited by mojave45 on Jan 17, 2017 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by mojave45:
If Shanahan bails, Cable should still not be an option. Just turn the offense over to Staley, the defense to Bowman, and make Joan in Accounting decide tie votes for game plans.I bet we win more than one game.

I can literally just drive to Santa Clara right now and stand outside the stadium. They can hire me. I'm a pro at Madden.
Share 49ersWebzone