LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Richard Sherman CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Crabtree and Suggs are two guys that come to mind that came back successfully from Achilles injuries

Yeah, but both of those guys don't have to cover healthy receivers back after the injury
It won't happen, but I wish he would go all out troll on Grant Cohn at the presser like he did on Skip Bayless years ago. Just to see the looks on Lynch and Shanahan's faces.

"All Pro Stanford Graduate"

https://youtu.be/j6x-O3kb1sI
Originally posted by Furlow:
Thanks, bro.

Now I'm up reading about this doctor, and it looks like he did Sidney Jones' Achilles, and I think Crabtree's too (can't confirm yet though). Crabtree was playing 6 months post-op!

Edit: Add Terrell Suggs to that list.

Yup. Suggs has went on to play another 5,6 years at a high level in his 30's post achillies tear.
Is his presser gonna be televised on NBC Sports Bay Area?
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Mar 20, 2018 at 9:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
Most of that data on NFL players not returning after Achilles surgery seems to be older. Sherman had the newer, minimally invasive technique, performed by Dr. Robert Anderson. Having just ruptured mine 5 weeks ago, I did a lot of research on this and made sure I found a surgeon who performed this same technique. The healing time and recovery is much quicker than the older, "open" technique. Hell I was full weight bearing and walking around in a boot 3 weeks post-op. And I'm 43 lol.

https://m.arthrex.com/resources/presentation/rVUt6EBB80OPTwFOS46qjw/percutaneous-achilles-repair-utilizing-the-pars-achilles-jig-system

Here's also a link to an article where Sherman describes the surgery he had:
https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/Bolt/Richard-Sherman-gives-updated-timeline-on-Achilles-recovery--114927787
great post, thank you! puts some of my concerns to rest and makes me think he will be starting game 1
what time is the Dick Sherman presser? looking forward to the cage match with Grant Cohn
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
so this POS really postponed his press conference so he wouldn't have to share it with McKinnon? i'm shocked.
Thanks! can't watch it live but I will Chromecast it tonight off FB

Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Thanks! can't watch it live but I will Chromecast it tonight off FB

It should be available so no worries.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
so this POS really postponed his press conference so he wouldn't have to share it with McKinnon? i'm shocked.

That was actually the respectful thing to do. Sherman is going to draw a media storm of attention, so this way McKinnon gets his own time, not just sitting off to the side on the Sherman conference.
Originally posted by Niners99:

That was actually the respectful thing to do. Sherman is going to draw a media storm of attention, so this way McKinnon gets his own time, not just sitting off to the side on the Sherman conference.
lol at respectful

fake outrage
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

fake outrage

Chaz got that same shameful boner we all got for Sherman now
Share 49ersWebzone