LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate: Tom Cable (SEA OL)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Tomsula is better than Cable
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's a serious candidate. what's the problem?

These topics don't get put up until after the interview, IIRC.

oh, my bad.

mods. please delete.

They should keep it open so we can post the fans thoughts about cable.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Has not interviewed

Like how Vance Joseph's interview never occurred, even though it was scheduled, we'll proceed in the same manner for Cable.

@AnnKIllion reported he's high on Jed's list tho

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article126397779.html

At Matt Barrows' latest analysis on our head coach situation, he only listed three candidates. Barrows also put Cable as the first on his list and detailed some of Cable's strength. I agree with Barrows that Cable is a blue collar work horse but with supreme ability to assemble top class staffs. I can see him working well with Paraag and Jed.

Cable has experience at the position, having been head coach of the Raiders from 2008-10 and would bring a blue-collar, run-oriented style that could mesh with the 49ers' current personnel.

As someone well-versed in the 49ers' search said this week, Cable would be what the 49ers envisioned with Jim Tomsula – but with experience and the ability to assemble a top-level staff. Unlike Tomsula, Cable has gravitas and force of character. Cable has kept some big personalities, including running back Marshawn Lynch, in check in Seattle previously. Above all else, the 49ers want cohesion between their general manager and head coach.

Of the three remaining candidates, Cable is the only one with a relationship with a general-manager candidate, having worked with both Trent Kirchner and Scott Fitterer. A Kirchner-Cable alliance is especially intriguing to San Francisco. The 49ers will interview Cable on Sunday and Kirchner and Fitterer on Monday. Cable, 52, was born in Merced and has spent all but one of his 29 years as a coach in the West.
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article126397779.html#storylink=cpy
We have not interviewed him yet.
Originally posted by Southpaw79:

My initial feeling exactly, but the more I read about Cable, I am warming up to the idea. Somehow I think Jed and Paraag feeling the same way ... after interviewing a whole bunch of them.
  • thl408
Doesn't seem to be any hints of this interview being canceled. I'm scared.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thl408:
Doesn't seem to be any hints of this interview being canceled. I'm scared.

I think it would've been cancelled if Atlanta or New England loss yesterday. IMO
Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:
Originally posted by Southpaw79:

My initial feeling exactly, but the more I read about Cable, I am warming up to the idea. Somehow I think Jed and Paraag feeling the same way ... after interviewing a whole bunch of them.

Yeah having a wife beater as a HC is such a classy move.

Lock him in a room and have Trent Brown whoop his ass
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
If you even have to think about TC over a young jedi shanny or Mcd then there is no cure for your disease.
Originally posted by Crown:
If you even have to think about TC over a young jedi shanny or Mcd then there is no cure for your disease.

Jed recruiting people to try to post good things about Cable before is inevitable hire.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hiring cable would be the niner thing to do.
Maybe the interview is really to be the lead custodian at Levi's
Share 49ersWebzone