LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

How many 9er fans feel the best coaches have been hired already?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many 9er fans feel the best coaches have been hired already?

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Honestly i wanted either McDaniels or Shannahan and it looks like it will be either one of them.

I agree with you, I'm just afraid they're still gonna interview t. Cable, that really bothers me
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
McDaniels has been my pick since early on. I think most of the teams with vacancies have gotten good fits and the right guy for what they want to do. And, assuming they hire McDaniels, that's true for the 49ers also.
I'm more concerned about high quality coordinators and assistants being taken. My two HC choices are still available.
I would say Shanahan, McDaniels is under Belichick, how many coaches have succeeded after leaving NE? McDaniels blew it in Denver. Shanahan has seen the workings of the NFL since being a kid, he's my pick.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I've wanted McDaniels so that's good. Now I'm just hoping Jed doesn't pull a Jed and hire Cable.
I have to say I think this was an excellent leverage move. Vrabel, McDaniel, Shannahan, all still on the market, and the price could be fair market instead of premium because no other team needs a head coach. My dream.

McDaniel HC
Vrabel DC
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Honestly i wanted either McDaniels or Shannahan and it looks like it will be either one of them.

I agree with you, I'm just afraid they're still gonna interview t. Cable, that really bothers me
Just the rumor that the Seahawks GM candidates have Cable as their HC choice is concerning. Why would Jed even go there? Even Bevell would be understandable. I just don't get the Cable interest. Unless Jed has some big moneymaking advertising scheme made with the SF Cable Car Co.
At this point I am hoping we go with Wolf-GM/Shannahan-HC/Bradley-DC. Bradley may be snatched up by the Redskins.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Baalke should have been fired midseason and been replaced as soon as the seasons over.This whole thing looks messy
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Nope, not me. Shanahan and McDaniels are the two best hires, and one of them will be HC of the 49ers

this. i only wish Shaw was interested in the NFL but we didnt bring up his name. McD is the guy. he will make the 49ers great again!

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Before the search started, I was hoping for McDaniels or Shanahan.

Now that's the only two left. Arguably the two flashiest names in the entire search.

I'm amazed. Either all these teams wanted to get a head start and hire someone not in the playoffs, or they did not like what they heard in the interviews.
You cant hire a coach in the playoffs till after they are no longer in the playoffs. My guess is they want one of these two guys and will have them as soon as their season is over.
Most here wanted either McDaniels or Shanny and both are still sitting there. McVay is gone and he was sort of a third/ darkhorse.
my thoughts Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
At this point I am hoping we go with Wolf-GM/Shannahan-HC/Bradley-DC. Bradley may be snatched up by the Redskins.

Exactly what I was thinking
Is Jed saving the best for last? When is he sitting down with Cable?
Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:
Is Jed saving the best for last? When is he sitting down with Cable?

Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone