There are 164 users in the forums

The Catch turns 35 today!

January 10th 1982, My Wife and I were in Section 12, Row-19, Seats 11 &12 and witnessed first hand Joe Montana complete a touchdown pass to Dwight Clark, today and forever known as "THE CATCH", at the "STICK", and the dynasty was born! 35 years later it still stands out as the most prolific play in our storied 49ER History! I know we are all longing for those days again, I hope we will see them again? Happy Anniversary to the Faithful, and thank you Joe and Dwight! And obviously thank you to Bill Walsh and Eddie D for building the dynasty!

I was watching at home just a few miles away in the Excelsior.
Was watching it at my buddy's place in the East Bay. Second time we beat Dallas that year...crushed them earlier that season.
I posted this in the history thread earlier.

Originally posted by Niners816:
35 years ago today......

The first TD of the game was also on sprint option. Primary was the target on it though

The first TD is how it looks about 90% of the time. That's what made the catch so special.

It's just such a great football play.
As long as you have the personnel who can execute that play, great. Hopefully we can acquire personnel (coaching and roster wise) to begin to live up to the past.
Seeing the cut up of the play as well as the play art never gets old.
I was born 8 years later
What a game. Thank Eric Wright for the game saving tackle-
Still have my ticket stub..have the original broadcast on dvd..im up close on TV twice
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Still have my ticket stub..have the original broadcast on dvd..im up close on TV twice

Was this you?

I was born a few weeks later, just days after winning our first Super Bowl.

I remember the first time I saw the game in full. In HS, NFL Films began releasing their Greatest Games series on tape. I bought it from some video store. Still my all time favorite NFL game. I hated the Cowboys in the 90s, but finding out about the one sided rivalry of the 70s only intensified the hatred.
I was 6 months old.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

Was this you?

LOL no. But I remember him
Time for some new memories.
Damn yall some old asses.
Share 49erswebzone