LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

How many 49er faithful feel comfortable about the state of the franchise?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many 49er faithful feel comfortable about the state of the franchise?

My only glimmer of hope is that Jed has admitted his mistakes and fired 2 coaches that should have never been hired to begin with. He could have easily blamed the roster and kept Chip for another year. Instead he fired him and ate his contract. Maybe Jed will finally hire the right people and stay out of the way, only time will tell.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
What does this franchise want? They had a winner and threw it away. The remark by Jed York that you can't fire owners was condescending. The fact that diehard fans bleed red and gold has zero influence on the Yorks. I watched the Giants-Packers playoff game and thought we were with these teams a few years ago. They're still winning and the Yorks are concerned about their cabana.

Originally posted by Chico:
WE HAVE TO BE PATIENT. I know it sucks but i don't want another Dan Schneider trying to buy a SB by
over paying for scrubs. I think Jed is still young for an owner and on the right path. He finally got rid of
Baalke and Chip which shows that he's trying.

Plus, everyone says he's cheap and all about the money. Well, then why is he paying over $30million in dead money
for past coaches? He will get better.

He's paying over 30 million in dead money because he wasn't smart enough to realize it would've been a lot cheaper to bump harbs up from 5 mil per to 7 or 8 mil per. Instead he insisted he win a sb to earn that coin.
I'll never feel comfortable with the Yorks who threw their most winningest coach ever to the curb.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Never understood the idea that York should hire someone to do everything. On the surface it makes sense with York not being a football person, but I look at like this. York talks about changing the culture of this franchise, HE, not this mythical VP of football ops, the owner HAS to set the tone. Eddie challenged EVERYONE in the 49ers family, that's what set him apart from other owners, and nearly burned everyone out in the process. He was so emotionally invested in the team that he held anyone and everyone accountable including himself.

That is the fundamental change Jed has to make. If he's unwilling to change or turn the team over to people who will, forget it. It's over.
[ Edited by FL9er on Jan 9, 2017 at 8:43 AM ]
well it all depends on who we choose for GM and HC. Once we see that then we can see what kind of direction we are in.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ronnie49er:
They have a 4 time super bowl winner guiding them! I hope it's Joe!

Its Keena Turner.

I like this.
If this young man does not see his franchise at a serious crossroads, he is blind! Let's start at the beginning. Mr. A DeBartolo bought this team for Edward, not Denise. That tells me he wanted Edward to have this franchise for the rest of his life and possibly turn it over to HIS children. If the senior DeBartolo had wanted Denise to have anything to do with the franchise, he would have made sure that was the case (but we all know Mafia Dons do not allow their women in the business at all). And I'm quite sure he didn't want Denise's husband to have anything to do with his team/money. So, once Denise was able to get her grubby little hands on the team (along with Dr. York), Eddie wasn't going to get his team back and I'm sure she was running around going "na na na na na"! Now, after Dr. York figured out he was in over his head, they turn the franchise over to their son who is the apple. If he does not consult with someone with an experienced football mind and he screws this up, the backlash will be deafening! He has already been denied interviewing his top candidate for GM and one of his other top choices was told "don't go near them with a 10ft pole". He is endanger of ruining an enigmatic franchise and turning them into the "Aint's" There will be empty seats and most importantly, dollars will start to trickle down to, well, a trickle
Nope. Jed said he doesn't make football decisions yet he's leading he the GM/HC search.

He doesn't get it.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 9, 2017 at 9:49 AM ]
MLB R. Foster in the draft looks like a good fit for us.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Trust the process

Can you give me at least one solid reason to do this?
Originally posted by NinerTy:
If this young man does not see his franchise at a serious crossroads, he is blind! Let's start at the beginning. Mr. A DeBartolo bought this team for Edward, not Denise. That tells me he wanted Edward to have this franchise for the rest of his life and possibly turn it over to HIS children. If the senior DeBartolo had wanted Denise to have anything to do with the franchise, he would have made sure that was the case (but we all know Mafia Dons do not allow their women in the business at all). And I'm quite sure he didn't want Denise's husband to have anything to do with his team/money. So, once Denise was able to get her grubby little hands on the team (along with Dr. York), Eddie wasn't going to get his team back and I'm sure she was running around going "na na na na na"! Now, after Dr. York figured out he was in over his head, they turn the franchise over to their son who is the apple. If he does not consult with someone with an experienced football mind and he screws this up, the backlash will be deafening! He has already been denied interviewing his top candidate for GM and one of his other top choices was told "don't go near them with a 10ft pole". He is endanger of ruining an enigmatic franchise and turning them into the "Aint's" There will be empty seats and most importantly, dollars will start to trickle down to, well, a trickle

Our only hope is that he realizes this is his very last chance to retain any credibility for the franchise and ownership. Screw this one up and the only way out will be to sell the team.
Originally posted by Constantine:
what I don't understand is why do we invest in people that we keep around for year. it's better to promote inside then doing this. This GM list is to long.... there needs to be a a list of ... we must have or else.

When your organization is s**t, the worst in the league, you can't keep promoting more s**t from within this s**tty organization.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Jed consulting with Parcells about football over the years

Parcells, as a coach, once talked about wanting to have more input on roster moves

Somehow we ended having a GM that really wanted little to no input from the coaching staff for the past 3-4 years lol

I agree with Parcells theory, I believe he said "If I'm going to be asked to cook the meal, I'd like to be able to pick the groceries." Let the coach pick the players, and it should be up to the GM to fulfill that through contract negotiations or trades.
Niners suing the city of Santa Clara. As a Santa Clara tax payer, this makes me sick.
Share 49ersWebzone