LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

How many 49er faithful feel comfortable about the state of the franchise?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many 49er faithful feel comfortable about the state of the franchise?

Until Jed either consistently shows the ability to pick the right people or he hires someone who does, I'll remain uncomfortable. This being his second job, he quit his first one after a year, doesn't give me very much confidence in him being able to draw on his career to make up for lack of experience.

It's asking a lot of someone who has a limited background in the league to get the right people together and bring a "championship culture" vision to fruition. Jed could be honest with himself and get outside help but doesn't see the need for it.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jan 8, 2017 at 11:54 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Not comfy quite yet, but I'm inching my way to the light (can't see it yet)... went from hell, to crawling out of the hole.

Why would anyone be "comfortable" with the state of the franchise at the moment? I don't think that it's a very good question. The direction they are going in at the moment, however, seems decent. We will see who they end up with at GM and coach. The idea of hiring them together seems pretty good. Anyone can say that they are willing to get along and work as a team. We will see if they can actually do it.

They need to have a great draft.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I won't feel good until they give me something to feel good about. Interviewing a bunch of people don't mean s**t. They did that before and we got Tomsula. It would take at least till the end of next season before I feel anything positive about this franchise.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
I won't feel good until they give me something to feel good about. Interviewing a bunch of people don't mean s**t. They did that before and we got Tomsula. It would take at least till the end of next season before I feel anything positive about this franchise.

Totally this. We need to have a GM and HC hire before we're asked this. These hires will determine the next several years, or so thats what we assume. I mean who knows....maybe these hires are wrong again and they get fired after next season. Jed has spoke to the public before and said what we all wanted to hear but at this point not going to believe a thing.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:

That's what I'm afraid of. Interview what the fans want to hear and hire some unknown dude.
Jed consulting with Parcells about football over the years

Parcells, as a coach, once talked about wanting to have more input on roster moves

Somehow we ended having a GM that really wanted little to no input from the coaching staff for the past 3-4 years lol
I'll be able to better answer this question once we get a GM/HC hired.
I'll answer this question after our new coach and GM are hired.
I feel better now than I did at this point the last two years

• Lifer
  • Veteran
Comfortable? No one should be comfortable with this franchise. The track record over 16 years is awful. The track record over the last 4 years is grounds for execution. But I'll say this: I like Jed's current plan and I like the people they're interviewing. Jed is in fact right now doing exactly what myself and many, many others have been calling for. But the fact that they're finally taking the right approach doesn't make me comfortable. I'm just waiting for them to screw it up.
What does this franchise want? They had a winner and threw it away. The remark by Jed York that you can't fire owners was condescending. The fact that diehard fans bleed red and gold has zero influence on the Yorks. I watched the Giants-Packers playoff game and thought we were with these teams a few years ago. They're still winning and the Yorks are concerned about their cabana.
I'm willing to give them a chance but if we end up with someone like Cable for HC I'm legit done. Will not watch a single 49ers game til Yorks are gone.

Josh McDaniels & Wolf/Ballard/Paton/Riddick will buy back some faith in this ownership.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
WE HAVE TO BE PATIENT. I know it sucks but i don't want another Dan Schneider trying to buy a SB by
over paying for scrubs. I think Jed is still young for an owner and on the right path. He finally got rid of
Baalke and Chip which shows that he's trying.

Plus, everyone says he's cheap and all about the money. Well, then why is he paying over $30million in dead money
for past coaches? He will get better.
Trust the process
Share 49ersWebzone