LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Check out this link of FA qb's/

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011QB.php

I have to say that I agree with the star rankings of the qb's. While at first I was disapointed to see Alex Smith as the 8th best FA qb available, if you look at the whole list of 25, he is a decent option.

Check out Leinhart at a whopping one star.

Pat Devlin from Delaware is even on the list since he is an UDFA.
QB Eagles
Somewhat like Gradkowski, but the rest of that list (aside from Alex, and aside from Manning and possibly Kolb) looks really weak. Obviously, Manning isn't coming to the WC, and Kolb's price is far too much for the talent we'd receive. Hasselbeck would be on I.R. after just one week with Anthony Davis protecting him.

Good call, Jim.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LundyLove:
QB Eagles

He's lightened up from "dog killer" that he used in Vick first year back to "eagles QB"
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
QB Eagles

He's lightened up from "dog killer" that he used in Vick first year back to "eagles QB"

It just reminded me of Tecmo Super Bowl

They have Nate Davis ranked at #18 and hasn't even step onto the field in the regular season

The Raiders 2nd string Qb is ranked better than our projected starter

[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Jun 27, 2011 at 16:00:56 ]
This report has Alex ranked as the 8th best free agent QB, in a year that is probably the worst free agent class in the past few decades.

Its funny that some people still talk down and belittle the group of us that wants a new QB. We are the crazy ones right? LOL
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
They have Nate Davis ranked at #18 and hasn't even step onto the field in the regular season

He wins games and plays well vs good teams outside of the AFC West. Smith well you know.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Somewhat like Gradkowski, but the rest of that list (aside from Alex, and aside from Manning and possibly Kolb) looks really weak. Obviously, Manning isn't coming to the WC, and Kolb's price is far too much for the talent we'd receive. Hasselbeck would be on I.R. after just one week with Anthony Davis protecting him. Good call, Jim.

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

He wins games and plays well vs good teams outside of the AFC West. Smith well you know.

I agree. Might I add the AFC west > NFC west. I guess, the Raiders have had better coaching.

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
This report has Alex ranked as the 8th best free agent QB, in a year that is probably the worst free agent class in the past few decades.

Its funny that some people still talk down and belittle the group of us that wants a new QB. We are the crazy ones right? LOL

A lot of people on here are clearly homers

I am part of the anti Alex bandwagon, I see what Madden sees, a qb who is not a franchise qb. If Alex can stick around for a year or two and help Kaepernicks uptake, I am all for re signing Alex. If Alex becomes a stud, then we all win.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Alex can be a good back up, but not a starter.
Originally posted by 9erred:

I am part of the anti Alex bandwagon, I see what Madden sees, a qb who is not a franchise qb. If Alex can stick around for a year or two and help Kaepernicks uptake, I am all for re signing Alex. If Alex becomes a stud, then we all win.

Can I get an AMEN!!!
They have Volek ahead of alex smitH? AND troy smith ahead of Chad Pennington? wow.
Share 49ersWebzone